“It's a Courtyard - but service is better than you'd expect”
Review of Courtyard Fishkill

Courtyard Fishkill
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Campbell, California
“It's a Courtyard - but service is better than you'd expect”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A convenient location near the freeway. It is an older property but the rooms have been renovated recently. The surprising thing for me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. A complete opposite of what you get in most franchise budget hotels.
The breakfast and bar are excellent.

Beds need some work. The pillows are pretty poor in my view - some odd kind of short square type. Strangely enough it seemed to me that the bed was a non-standard size in that although Kingsize in width it was short. I'm under 6' and me feet were kicking the end of the bed under the covers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
La Palma, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times while on business in Fishkill. I was surprised to see in my recent visit that the hotel had been renovated. The lobby and bistro had a nice trendy new look, and the rooms were renovated as well.

Overall it is your typical Courtyard property. The rooms were plenty spacious and I found the bed to be comfortable. There is nothing in particular that stands out about the rooms - just everything you would expect from a Marriott brand hotel which is a clean, comfortable room and good service.

The location is fairly good as well - close to the interstate with a number of other businesses nearby. There is a diner right across the street as well as a movie theater. It is about 5 minutes driving time from the IBM campus.

I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit to Fishkill.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Yonkers
Reviewed September 3, 2012

the staff was really nice not a word to say about them they were alllllll really nice the pool was warm and fun for the kids. the room was very clean and the beds were amazing a+ on that but the breakfest part i would not consider even paying extra next time for room with breakfest package not worth the time and waiting the food taste like hosipital food try eating at a dinner its worth the trip which is right accross the street trust me i booked a room for two adults and two kids and breakfest is only for 1 adult and no kids WHAT are u kidding me but the stay was so amazing A+++++++

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a nice and clean hotel to stay. Recently renovated it suits the traveler' s needs. We liked it a lot and that's why we are coming back in one week. We had a reservation in another hotel but we have cancelled it to come back to this hotel despite the fact that it is a bid far from our point of business.

• Stayed August 2012
CourtyardGMFishkill, General Manager at Courtyard Fishkill, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
ClassicNicosia:

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Fishkill Courtyard by Marriott hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel. It's always great to share feedback like yours with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to your return trip.
boston
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed with Marriott free night. One night stay to visit family. The room was spacious and spotless with a nice design. Super comfortable bed, got a great night's sleep. The bathroom was large, with the sink area outside of the toilet/shower area. This was convenient for getting ready for bed and in the morning, but I felt like the sink area space was a little tight. Great water pressure in the shower, and loved the Paul Mitchell hair products.

The TV reception was terrible, and our traveling companions reported the same trouble.

Check in was easy and quick. Lemonade and cookies in the lobby, but our family reported that the breakfast service was terribly disorganized and slow with many errors. Also that because they had booked AAA rate vs senior rate breakfast was not included. They were going to check to see if it was the same rate, it often is...

There were amenites, pool, fitness center, washer/dryer that we did not use. The lobby has a very nice sleek modern design for a Courtyard. Made me want to spend time there!

Overall very nice and comfortable with easy access to routes 9 and 84. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VacationerBoston:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Fishkill Courtyard. It's great to read about your experience. I'm glad you found our rooms to be spacious, spotless and well designed. Great feedback like yours truly helps us to see the areas we are excelling in and the areas we can improve on. Once again Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to your return trip.
gainesville va
Reviewed August 5, 2012

attractive hotel with easy access of interstate. the room was very attractive with a pleasing color scheme.bedding was comfortable. usual amenities for a courtyard.room was clean and quiet.free use of the business center computer to check email was very helpful. staff friendly and accomodating. several restaurants in area.

Room Tip: room seemed rather spread out but easily accessed by following front desk suggestion on where to par...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review of the Fishkill Courtyard. I always enjoy reading about guest's experiences while staying at the Fishkill Courtyard. I'm happy to read your comments regarding our rooms being clean, attractive and having a pleasing color scheme. I plan to share all your comments with our team. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked this room for my cousins wedding which was supposed to be at a discounted price but wasnt... That's whatever so we arrive at the hotel late we receive our key and go up to our room...the room key was to an occupied room whom we would have walked in on had this guest not put the door latch lock on. Mortified, I go downstairs to tell them and the staff is far from apologetic. I got a new key to a new room which I felt less than safe sleeping it. To make matters worse I called the hotel manager the following day who failed to return my call for roughly a week. Once the manager and I got in contact he said he would credit me $50.00 and that was "fair" enough considering I still did stay in the room. I was so discussed with that statement I demanded to talk to the manager and when he responded " I am the manager" I said well who is YOUR manager, I quickly got a full refund. In my opinion giving a key to a occupied room is by far the biggest sin a hotel could ever do.

• Stayed July 2012