“Great location, close proximity to everything”
Review of Courtyard Fishkill

Courtyard Fishkill
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Fishkill courtyard this month while traveling on business. The hotel has been recently remodeled and you can see that right when you enter the lobby and then to your rooms. The check in process is very efficient and so is the check out. The room size is decent, very nice decors, internet cable and wireless work great. Bathrooms are also of a nice size. The TV clarity was a bit dull, but I didn't use it that much anyway.

The location of the hotel is great, right off I-84 and on US-9. If you are flying into SWF Newburgh, its a straight shot on I-84 to get to the hotel. It's a 20 minute drive up to Pougkeepsie, another 20 to Hyde Park etc. It's located right next to a Super Wal-mart as well. Lot of good eateries around also - you shouldn't miss Maya Cantina - a great Mexican place, Tanjore - an Indian restaurant, on RT-52 in Fishkill, all within a 5 minute ride. Panera, DD, Starbucks are all very near as well - In short, food/shopping is not an issue at all.

They no longer have a breakfast buffet, but more of a coffee shop model. They are very friendly and helpful. You do have a good selection of breakfast items for a reasonable price. They serve Starbucks coffee and the hotel local brew coffee is tucked to the side. So, if you are not a Starbucks fan, there is the 'normal' coffee also - although they don't serve that after 10 or 11 am. Hence, if you are like me needing coffee in the evening, you have to buy Starbucks - I think Marriot should keep a local brew coffee at the lobby - most hotels do that!

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay - staff members are very friendly and cheerful, great amenities and location! Highly recommended and will come back again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger..so during check in, do ask for those. The elevators are slower than a snail...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I recently had a pleasant stay at the Fishkill Courtyard Marriott. The hotel is conveniently located at Route 9 and I-84 and it’s an easy drive to both Wallkill and Patterson, New York. The hotel has been recently renovated from top to bottom. Everything looks and feels new. Check-in was fast and efficient. The hotel lobby offers what they call a Bistro, which basically is a very trendy looking cafeteria/bar that offers food options, beverages and cocktails. They serve breakfast (not complementary) and dinner.

My room had two double beds plus as per my request a crib. We are five, two adults and 3 children and yet felt we had enough room for everyone. The bathroom was comfortable and the typical toiletry amenities are provided. A small refrigerator and a microwave were also available for use in the room.

A Charlie Brown’s Steak House is right across the street as well as a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant. A Super Wal-Mart store and many other businesses are also adjacent to the hotel. This hotel is truly a winner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MMJeJona
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have traveled here for many years. The price is very high for a two-star - maybe three-star property. Recently, Courtyard has replaced the traditional lobby restaurant offering waiter service and full, hot buffet breakfast; instead, they now have a coffee-shop style operation with pre-pack, takeout-food and coffee. The average ticket price is the same or more, but patrons eat off paper and plastic, have a limited selection and no waiter. I LOVE the hot breakfast buffet. I like the waiter! For $10, I got a huge, hot breakfast, eggs cooked the way I like them and had widevariety. Now, I pay the same, but Courtyard offers over-priced PRE-PACKAGED food and coffee. If I wanted a Starbucks, I'd go to one. I get it - the business model is charge the same, but reduce overhead, costs and muss and fuss. However, I won't patronize this new food outlet. Instead, I will go to the many other food outlets. Don't get me wrong - the new remodel IS attractive, comfortable and clean. However, I resent the new business model - charge the same or MORE and provide less and less in return. Why would I want to pay four dollars for coffee in a paper cup instead of a buck and a half in a china mug? I do not. Why would I want food prepared off-site and chilled in plastic rather than have fresh food prepared to my order. The answer is I don't. This is not an inexpensive hotel. The average property price runs in the HUNDREDS of dollars - $200 or more is common. Hey Marriott, you are CRAZY. I will go to another chain and pay less and get more. I get it. Poughkeepsie is busy and some travelers at IBM have plenty of corporate money to spend. However, professional people like me will make price-sensitive selections. Too bad, too, because I liked this hotel. Oh, and you can forget about the complimentary coffee service in the lobby, too. Instead, you can spend buy a cup of coffee now for $3.00. Later. Hello, Hilton Garden Inn with exactly what I am looking for, plus the Fishkill property is new!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank CaptAlfred
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I read some recent reviews that weren't so good about this hotel but most of them were a couple of years old so I decided to book a stay here because I want reward points. Well I got lucky. This hotel has recently been remodeled (I stayed end of February 2012) to the new Courtyard standard. Everything in the rooms is new, and the lobby is very upscale. This is an old school Courtyard in the sense that the original structure is the older style so they have an actual enclosed Courtyard. My room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. I would imagine all the rooms would be quiet as well. The expressway is close but not so close that you would here cars and trucks unless your window's open. There's a lot of restaurants in the area, my favorite being a Mexican restaurant called Maya Cafe and Cantina. There's also a movie theater across the parking lot, a great diner across the street, Cracker Barrel, Panera Bread, Charlie Brown's Steak House and a lot more as you head down Rt 9 towards the north. It takes about 1/2 hour to get up to Hyde Park, which is home to the Culinary Institute (book reservations for dinner) and the FDR House, which is an excellent tour of the house FDR grew up in and lived in most of his life, as well as the Presidential Library which was the very first Presidential library. The tour is $14 and even runs on Sundays.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room facing the courtyard. You will be assured no road noise as I-84 is fairly clos...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NewYorkDon67
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here, again, for a work trip. Clean room and friendly staff. Downside was that the shower head was broken and its slightly pricey. I like the location being off the expressway and around shopping and food. Very good overall stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Central location to attractions and restaurants was terrific. The hard bed and noisy heating unit were not so. Nice public spaces, indoor pool and hot tub. Very friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Check-in was very fast and professionally conducted. This Courtyard has been renovated and is very modern looking. The room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel borders on major roads (I-84 and Route 9). There is a Charlie Brown's and Ruby Tuesday restaurant within walking distance. Next door is a Hilton Garden Inn, which is nice for price competition. Parking is more than ample. Overall, a very nice overnight visit.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the Interstate located in back of the hotel to minimize traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business