“A Bit of a Disappointment!”

Hampton Inn Fishkill
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hampton Inns are my go to hotels! The rooms have great beds and plush bedding, fluffy towels, complimentary high-speed internet, tea & coffee available all day, and a predictable free contential breakfast. The Fishkill Hampton Inn is an older hotel that has been nicely renovated and maintained. The hotel is directly off I-84 on Rt 9 and surrounded by lots of big box stores and chain restaurants. It is a short distance from Stewart International Airport and close to many sightseeing locales.
Our room looked like the standard Hampton Inn I'd come to expect. Our flooring carpet was damp but after turning down the air conditioning & unpacking I jumped on the bed and didn't give the floor another thought. My son & I put on the tv for some entertainment and found that some of the basic channels and all of the premium channels were broadcast in Spanish. A call to the front desk elicited a response that there were Spanish channels and English ones (duh, I know that). On rechecking I found that I had been right and all the channels we were interested in were broadcast in Spanish. I called the front desk and the manager said that she could not do anything as she was the only person in the hotel and had to man the front desk. While she did offer us another room I was made to feel as if it was my problem and not the problem of the hotel. Since we had unpacked already, we did not want to change rooms. We figured we could use the high speed internet which turned out to be spotty but usable for the night.
Upon checking out the next morning I told the receptionist about the tv so they could put it on a repair order. The reaction I got was similar to the night before - sorry, but I don't really care. TV is not a necessity like running water, clean sheets and air conditioning but it was the lack of a real reaction that has surprised me. For this reason I cannot rate this property highly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback in regards to the language and channel selection on your room's television. I apologize for any inconveniences this caused your family and regret you were disappointed in our service of the issue. We do our best to ensure every guest feels valued, cared for and appreciated and your comments will help us to achieve this goal moving forward. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fishkill many times. I recommend this Hotel highly. It was refreshed 1-2 years ago and is well maintained. They have a good, full continental breakfast menu. The TV system was recently updated with a bunch of HD channels. There is a nice indoor pool. Most importantly, the staff is very friendly and competent. Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, request an odd-numbered room, especially those room numbers in the twenties. BTW, I see groups staying here frequently, so the tour operators like coming here. These groups seem to be responsible groups, not obnoxious college-jock groups. Another Tip: There are many chain restaurants in the immediate area. But there are at least 2 excellent, but pricey, restaurants hidden in the Village of Fishkill, about 3/4 miles away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Again, let me say thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hampton Inn Fishkill. I am honored and proud that we have earned and maintained your business! Also, thank you for taking the time to share another TripAdvisor review of your time at our Hampton Inn! It is very gratifying to hear all the positive comments about our renovations and improvements to the Front Desk, Lobby, Breakfast, and most recently our addition of over 250 HD Channels and new modern drapery and Hudson Valley artwork! It’s amazing to look back and see the numerous improvements that we have seen in just over a year’s time! I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff for their high level of service. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, as this continues to reward the efforts and commitment of our team. I look forward to seeing you again during our next manager’s reception on Wednesday evenings!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Reasonable rate for a comfortable/quality room and service from GREAT STAFF at desk and at breakfast. Good shopping and restaurants nearby. It is convenient to I-84, but the interstate noise is not heard in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the world! We're proud of our Hampton Inn and hope you come visit us again to enjoy our complimentary breakfast, beautiful views and friendly service.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Everything was great from the time we walked in to the time we checked out. Access to hotel was especially convenient from/to Interstate 84. Chose Hampton because of past positive experience with hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor community about your stay at Hampton Inn Fishkill. Our convenient location makes us a great choice for flying into many different airports, and our easy-on/ easy-off access to I-84 puts us right in the heart of the scenic Hudson Valley. I hope you will come visit with us again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located near an interstate and a good selection of restaurants. The hotel was very quiet and very clean. They have an indoor pool. The rooms are typical of Hampton Inn with great beds and wonderful pillows on the beds.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your kind review of Hampton Inn Fishkill! I'm glad that you found our location just of Interstate 84 very convenient during your business travels. The Hampton fresh and clean experience is an important part of our Cloud Nine bedding collection and I'm glad you found it satisfactory. Please come visit us again soon, we love having you here!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

excellent customer service at tne manager level. warm welcome and aim to please. We were pleasantly impressed. We goofed on our arrival date, and they were very nice about setting us up for the actual dates. Would love to have seen the cookies...missed the goodies!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

First, I'd like to extend my sincere thanks for the kind words! Hampton Inn Fishkill's success is a collaborative effort - the entire team shares in delivering a top-notch guest experience. Mistakes happen when traveling, and we're happy to work with our guests to make sure your stay is great and hassle-free. Next time you visit with us we'll be sure to hang on to some cookies just for you!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff were nice enough. Housekeeping did a so-so job (except for the hair ball on the bathroom floor when we arrived). The carpets in our room were damp when we arrived and for the entire stay (2 nights). We cranked the A/C, which made it really cold by didn't help the dampness. Complimentary breakfast was budget - cereal boxes, coffee, milk, cold pastries, bread and jam packets. The waffle maker was a nice touch but I didn't try any. There were also eggs and sausages that did not look appealing enough to try. And a couple over-ripe bananas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Alexandra;
I was distressed to learn from your review of the experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. We at Hampton Inn take pride in our hotel and began a deep clean carpet shampooing project, however due to an error on our behalf the room was not kept Out of Order long enough to dry completely. You may rest assured that I have discussed this matter with our Housekeeping Executive, and the necessary measures have been taken in order to prevent this situation from reoccurring as we continue this cleaning project. I also truly regret your dissatisfaction with our breakfast buffet and appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. I will take this opportunity to retrain, and reevaluate our breakfast operations. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is feedback such as yours that assist us in the monitoring of the hotel’s activities, and is used as a tool to further achieve the high standard of quality service for which we strive.

Eddie Bello