“Winter Hudson Wine Valley Trip”

Hampton Inn Fishkill
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
New York
“Winter Hudson Wine Valley Trip”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My GF and I stayed here while visiting some of the local wineries still open during the winter. Close enough to drive to the Vanderbilt Mansion and FDR estate, this Hampton Inn was a better value than some of the options closer to Poughkeepsie. Easily accessible, if a little hard to spot from the road, the hotel was withing a drive of everything we intended to visit/see. The King suite was about the size we expected and the small swimming pool and breakfast definitely added to the value. Overall a decent stay and one we would recommend to travelers in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anomic1
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor comment regarding your recent adventure in the Hudson Valley! Your remarks about the pleasant stay you experienced here at the Hampton Inn Fishkill are greatly appreciated. It is the positive and kind comments, such as those that you expressed, which reward our efforts to provide the highest level of quality service and guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope you and your girlfriend can join us again as you discover more of the Hudson Valley!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here a few weeks ago. The breakfast was great, and Arielle was very helpful and kind. Daniella gave us a great list of restaurants, and her personal recommendations, and we had a great meal. She also brought us extra pillows up to our room, even though I was more than willing to come down to the lobby. The whole staff there is great, and we will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LevineNewYork
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I also want to thank you for recognizing our associates, Arielle and Daniella! I will be more than happy to pass your comments on to our staff and celebrate their accomplishments together! It is feedback such as yours that assist us in the monitoring of the hotel's success, and is used as a tool to further achieve the high standard of quality service for which we strive. I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the near future!
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We overnighted here while visiting local friends. Room was very quiet, staff friendly and helpful. Great location off I-84. Many good restaurants very close, as well as shopping and convenience stores. Good base if touring Dutchess or Putnam counties.

Room Tip: Hotel well back from rte 9 so all rooms would work for us.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I wish to extend a particular warm thanks for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. Your remarks about the pleasant stay you experienced here at the Hampton Inn Fishkill are greatly appreciated. It is the positive and kind comments, such as those that you expressed, which reward our efforts to provide quality service and comfortable accomodations to each of our guests! Thank you again! I hope I have the opportunity to meet you on your next trip through I-84!
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here over the Christmas Holiday, shortly after Christmas and before New Year, as a gift to my wife (took the kids and left her free for a couple of days). The place is located very conveniently near several kid friendly attractions, such as movie theaters and fast food restaurants. We checked in and were offered cookies at the front desk upon arrival. The room was quite well equipped with 2 double beds and the cleanup services provided extra items such as towels and shampoos after asking, since we wanted to use the indoor pool. Though the pool was not in service on the first night, it was up and running by the second afternoon. Suffice to say, the kids loved taking a swim in the latter part of December. We ordered from a Dominoes (which was probably the only low point (will review them later) of the visit), as it took a very long time to bring the order. Fortunately, we were prepared with vacation snacks.

The room had a fridge and microwave if needed, which is great for a traveler on a budget, as there is a Walmart pretty much across the street from the hotel with an entire grocery/frozen foods section. The staff was very receptive and friendly and took the time to make sure that they knew our names. The breakfast buffet was also adequate, with wafflemaker, sausages/eggs, oatmeal, juices, and of course 24/7 coffee. The young lady in charge of the breakfast was very attentive and made sure to ask us frequently if we needed anything.

Of course, the free wifi meant that my kids were able to go online on their "nooks" and it also permitted me to use my tablet for a netflix subscription. Situated in Fishkill, this hotel was about 10 miles away from Poughkeepsie, which offered even more stores and shopping opportunities. Though Pay per View was available, we didn't use it. HBO comes with the room.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who just wanted a break or wished to treat their spouse to some solitude. You won't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Be sure to have the room staff show you where the switch for the AC/heating is. They are like light...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AK L
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! Thank you for choosing us for your local getaway, I am glad to hear that you and your family were able to relax comfortably. I also want to thank you for recognizing our associates. It is very gratifying to know that you found our team members courteous and friendly. I also want to apologize for the pool being closed as you arrived, we were scheduled for routine cleaning that day. But I am pleased that you and your family were able to enjoy the pool during your stay! Thank you again for your feedback and I truly hope to see you during your next stay with us! Have a wonderful New Year!
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i really enjoyed staying at the hampton inn. this past december, the staff was excellent, i really liked the new renovations. This hotel was clean and comfortable and i will be returning in june, The wonderful DIrector of sales was very warming and welcoming during breakfast, it is really nice to see higher up management geting involved with their clients

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank maria N
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! It is very gratifying to hear all the positive comments about our recent renovations and improvements to the Front Desk, Lobby, Breakfast, and even the modern carpet design in the hallways. We have a terrific ownership that has reinvested in their hotel, and have provided one of the best products in the Fishkill area! I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff for their high level of service. Also, we appreciate the wonderful praise about our Director of Sales, Bernadette Mundo-Clark, for joining our guests in the morning during Breakfast Hours. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, as this continues to reward the efforts and commitment of our team. I truly hope that you’ll be able to come back to visit us again in the near future!

General Manager,
London, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here as we couldn't find a place for Thanksgiving weekend closer to our destination, Beacon, New York. We took a train to Coldspring, spent the day and then a cab to the hotel. We were a family of grandparents travelling with our children and a 4 yr old girl..this chain provides breakfast, internet, for no extra charge! The rooms were spotless, the pool delightful! There are no cute little restos nearby, but this is a wonderful location for this area of New York State. We were all very impressed with the front desk who helped us arrange transportation as we couldn't rent a car that weekend either. when our television didn't work, the night person tried to remedy the problem, and when it couldn't be fixed, offered us several options instead. They discounted our rooms instead. Our two day stay was much nicer than expected.

Room Tip: I think the rooms would be standard, generous sizes in this location. This hotel is a "stopping...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to see all the great attractions in the area. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will be sure to share your comments with our team and let them know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Breakfast was decent - they served real oatmeal which I LOVE. The eggs were like cardboard though - they need to work on that. They do have a waffle maker, which was kind of fun, but they kind of just tasted like soft ice cream cones - - I think the batter recipe needs to be improved. The staff were nice and helpful. There is a pool.

One thing that I found odd is their repetition in the form of signage, notes, and other advertising that the special feature of a room at the Hampton Inn is that the sheets, pillows, and duvet covers, etc., are always clean. Isn't that what they are SUPPOSED to be ???? I understand that there are many places that are really filthy and should not be operating, but is this really what we have come to - that it is a "special feature" that my sheets are clean??

Overall, you'll be ok staying at the Hampton Inn in Fishkill. Make sure that you check their rates up until the time that you stay, sometimes rates will drop, and they should honor whatever price they post online - (I had to insist on that with a manager, which was ridiculous.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed our fresh hot oatmeal during your complimentary breakfast. I also appreciate the honest review of the egg choice that was served that morning, rest assured that your comments have been reviewed with the appropriate staff members so we can improve. Many of the items you find on the buffet are Hampton Inn standard items so we may maintain a high level of consistency when all of our valued guests travel. I have also kindly shared your comments with Hampton Corporate Office, so they can adjust brand standards where necessary. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed here at Hampton Inn Fishkill and feedback such as yours helps us in monitoring all area's of the hotel, and is used as a tool to further achieve the high standard of quality for which we strive. I hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you!

Service Before Self,