Hampton Inn Fishkill
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for two nights when we came into town for my cousins wedding in neighboring Becon, NY. Although we loved the hotel itself, and LOVED the free breakfast bar, both nights we were there we were kept up until 3am. by our neighbors noise. They came in and out of their room, slamming the door behind them and being loud in the halls and slamming in and out of the staircase door (which happen to be right beside our room). On a positive note, when we contacted the staff about the noise complaints, they came right up to confront the guests. Unfortunately that did nothing to deter them from continuing throughout the night and into the next night. We didn't complain the second night but mentioned it at checkout. The staff did say we should have reported it because it would've given them the right to ask them to leave. Shucks!
Other than the noise level, everything else was great about the hotel--the room was clean, the window opened for fresh air to circulate throughout, there was a fridge, comfy and clean beds, a great bathroom suite and of course an AMAZING breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was just a "stop-over" hotel as we were traveling up north. The rate we got was "average" - I think very typical for the Hampton, but must have been a busy time as I could not find much else for a better rate in the area. The people checking in were very nice - helped us with maps of the area & a few other things. The hotel was very clean and we enjoyed the pool area as well. (a little cold, but it was nice, clean and we were the only people in it.) There was a HUGE party of people staying there that nigth (it must have been a wedding?!?!) and we heard quite a bit of noise @ 4am - so I don't know if the walls are thin or if the people were just really that loud (could have been either!!!) but it didn't last long & we were back asleep soon. The free breakfast was nice & the "servers" were very kind. All and all - nice stay!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The rooms were huge. The refridgerator was definately a plus. The staaf was very courtious. Overall excellant. We"ll definately be back

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank arielkwd
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was a wonderful stay! I arrived with my children from the city, able to check in a bit early. Thanks to the very helpful staff at the front desk who recomended Splash Down!! it was a "SPLASH". We had so much fun, and how nice it was to come back later that day to a fresh CLEAN white room! with AIR CONDITIONING!!! YAY! The pool looked great but we were too wiped out to get in. I didnt expect 5 star service from such a small hotel, but i got it! Even roomservice, sorta... The pizza place was able to deliver our diner right up to us. We didnt want to move! lol The housekeeping staff was very pleasant even though she was busy in the rooms, a nice woman helped me find the Ice machine. The breakfast was so wonderful, coffee was hot, there was a waffle station, which inspired me to try my own. I will stay here again next time we are upstate. It was truly a breath of fresh air.

Room Tip: We asked for double beds and Got them... so i guess if they know what you need you will get what you...
1  Thank happycamper12345_11
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Arrived at 5:30 for 3:00 check-in and was told that room would not be available for a few hours. We were on honeymoon and found this very inconvenient since we wanted to check in and freshen up before going to party. Arrived back at hotel at 11:30 to a smelly musty room. Would never stay here again. Very disappointed, we were looking for a nice place to stay and got exactly the opposite...did not even get an apology. We will probably be contacting senior executive management about our miserable stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank david120
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This has got to be one of the worst Hampton Inns or Hilton affiliated hotels that I have ever stayed at. My wife and I arrived at the hotel at 4:40 pm in the afternoon after a day of hiking expecting to check in and take a nice shower. To our surprise, the receptionist told us that the room was not ready yet and did not even attempt to explain why. I then asked if there was another room available and she said no and instead she suggested we go drive around. I find this to be unacceptable that more than an hour and a half after the official "check-in" time the room was still not ready. I'm sure that if we did not check out in time, we would have gotten penalized for that. What I found most disappointing was that this Hampton Inn did not even attempt to make any admends for their short-coming.

On another note, the pool was not heated whatsoever. Granted it was July but the water was cold. We tried swimming but I got out after a few minutes. The website does advertise that it's a heated pool opened year-round. That obviously wasn't the case.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wilket
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We got this hotel on Hotwire and the price was fantastic. The room was clean and the location right off the highway was convenient. There was definitely evidence of wear and tear in the room and hotel but nothing significant. If I have complaints they are few. When we arrived at breakfast at 8am it was obvious that the dining room had a bunch of traffic even though we overheard an employee say the hotel were not full. The managers, who looked like they had just arrived, were busy cleaning tables, stocking food, and emptying trash cans. Once they sorted out the chaos the newly restocked food was yummy. Also while the flat screen tv was great the blurry reception on all channels made it really hard to enjoy watching. And lastly I love the white duvets but the comforters inside were bubbly, probably from being washed so much, making it unappealing to the eye. I would not hesitate to stay here again I because I had a good experience - it just wasn't great.

1  Thank lundve