“Quiet, Safe, and Close Connections” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9

Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
high springs fl
“Quiet, Safe, and Close Connections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent place to inhabitant- when so far from home. Rooms clean, large at a reasonable cost. Staff very effective with giving the clients service. The nice thing about this extended stay, were the people whom ran the place, they knew about the local stores, the places to eat, the mode of transportation, what was around the area to do, and too, they were willing to go out of their way to make sure you understood how to go and the different means of transportation needed to get there.. I would say that this extended Hotel America is worth the pleasure to stay again, even for a short trip to and from upstate to the big NY City.....

Room Tip: Upstairs if you like the warmth- down stairs if you have pets and children to contend with.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wappingers Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I lived at the Extended Stay for aproximately 3.5 months while my house was being rebuilt. While I am happy to be back in my home - I would go back to the Extended Stay again if needed.

The pros:
1) Cheaper than a regular hotel that charges by the night
2) Offers Clean Room with small cooking area/sink/medium fridge, Place to do Laundry
3) Privacy is respected - and the staff was always helpful when I did need something
4) Always felt that I (as well as my personal belongings) were safe
5) Walking distance to several restaurants, Walmart, Movie Thater, some other shopping
6) Right by I84

The Cons:
1) If you cook - you are likely going to smell it in your room all night. Also smell it in the hallway
2) Cleaning Service - once a week to make bed/vaccuum/clean bathroom
3) Limited TV - has basic channels - although still never found FOX. Do not have extended like cooking channel
4) Wireless is free but slow. You can purchase their faster internet for more money...but it wasn't faster and would chunk along.Every month password would change on my wireless internet and I would have to call to get new code.
5) Door key would lose its code every other week and I would have to keep going to the front desk to get it reset each time
6) I kept extending my stay prior to my end date expired. Each time I extended - the system would think that I checked out and send me an email thanking me for my stay and ask me to rate their place. I only had 1 very long visit - so would have expected only 1 email after I checked out instead of 1 each time that I extended

Overall: It met my expectation and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the End of the Hallway will hear people going in/out of the hotel all night. You also smel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HollyR_3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Holly - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we did not meet all your expectations. Still, we are pleased to know that our staff was so helpful and that you felt safe at all times.

Milford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent location. The staff our friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. Love the full size refrigerator and kitchen. We stayed two days and it was easy to get up route 9 to all the venues we wanted to see. Very close to restuarants and shopping. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank janimal1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at our hotel. I am so happy to read that our team provided you with such friendly and helpful service. As well, we are glad that you enjoyed your room.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was very influenced by other trip advisor reviewers while deciding to stay at this facility. The overall stay of two nights was probably one night too much. The facility is dated, clean but getting worn. There were several annoying items.Our first assigned room had a terrible overwhelming smell. To me it smelled like urine...I would assume pet urine. We got another room, which was missing a tv channel remote. There appears to be mold growing in the ceiling of the shower.The breakfast was very spartan...no juices, no decaf coffee. There were some muffins, apples, granola bars, instant cereal. I asked for "original" half and half, instead of french vanilla. None was available.
Be aware.... there was very limited room service for short stays....such as bed making , garbage collection.

The staff was pleasant.

I don't think I could stay here again. Certainly not for two nights

In retrospect, I think I would have paid more.

Room Tip: if you stay here check your room before unpacking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank marjud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place rocks,no other way to describe it. Convenient location is walking distance to several places to eat,over the top customer service,and pack light because you can do laundry here! This is my hotel of choice from now on when I visit NY!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how convenient our hotel is to local eateries. We are happy that Extended Stay America is your hotel of choice when visiting Fishkill, NY. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

closed out of the residence inn this trip, I opted for the extended stay because I needed the kitchenette....full size fridge/freezer, 2 burner cook top. sofa, double bed-$89/nite...I thought it was a no smoking hotel...???maybe not.....everything was clean, but there was a strong aroma of cigarettes on the 3rd floor... breakfast is grab n go- oatmeal packets, granola bars, coffee, tea, packaged muffins, apples...the heater was extremely loud...I had stayed ay this site maybe 4 years ago , under another chain management....wear and tear is evident in the wallpaper in the hall ways...walks were not shoveled at 6:45 am, yet the starkbucks/panera next door was fully cleaned up...

Room Tip: I opted for 3rd floor,,nobody above me....1 elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Manhattan, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here because the town was almost sold out, and this place was offering room still at decent price. I was pleasantly surprised, as I got more than I was expecting. This hotel manages to give you decent value at very attractive price, while not "chipping of" on the side of cleanliness or safety. It is an older hotel, with simple and old styled furniture, cheap finishings - linoleum in bathroom and kitchen - but I found everything very clean and nothing falling apart. Big plus is a kitchenette, if you want to cook, and another one - 2 huge windows and situation of the room facing south/north allows large dose of day light, way more than I'm used to in a hotel room. The breakfast is very simple, and has only cheap options - oatmeal, granola, oranges, but again - this is acceptable since you pay cheap price for your stay. If you are looking to save money and don't want to risk on a side of cleanliness or health safety, picking this simple yet clean and safe place is a good bet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9, responded to this review, March 10, 2013