“Not luxurious but spacious and cost effective”

Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Pennsylvania
“Not luxurious but spacious and cost effective”
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Stayed one enight with my son whileon a tour of colleges -- Vassar followed by Bard. Like oneof the previous travelers I booked through Priceline at $50 plus fees and taxes.

Location was very good, just off the highway and surrounded by plenty
of dining and shopping options. Parking was well lit and access was easy.

Lobby and exterior was very clean. Front desk staff did minimum and while they were not unpleasant they were definitely not curtious. No information provided and it seemed theyw ere not comfortable speaking
english. One bug was that the room had no shampoo which I found out later was not supplied but was available for purchase at front desk. Front desk staff never metnioned.

Room was spacious and I mean very big. It had a large seating area with sofa, kit chen and stools around kitchen counter. Purchased internet service which was only $5 for the day and performed very well. We were not around long enough to use pool, fitness center or even continental breakfast buffet but all of these appeared to be very nice and well kept.

All in all, it was cost effective, clean and spacious. If traveling with a family or wanting to stay extended period in apartment like setting then this is a great deal.

• Liked — Space, cost and convenience of location
  • Disliked — Front desk staff was not helpful
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
upstate ny
Reviewed July 31, 2006

The stay opened with the lovely fragrance of cigarette smoke greeting us in our room. This was followed by cold coffee in the lobby. We ended with service that, with some improvement, might qualify as incompetent....however no modifications were needed to classify it as rude and indifferent. Try an econolodge......oh wait, econolodges do not have have refridgerators in the rooms....so try an econolodge and bring a cooler.....good luck to all in your travels.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this establishment
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Fishkill hotels

The Great South Bay, Long Island, NY
Reviewed November 12, 2005

First I must say I am a big fan of hotel reviews. I wish everyone would take the time to write them and read them. We can all help to hold the hotel industry to a higher standard. We stayed here for one night November 10, 2005.
I booked the room thru Priceline. Check out ---- and also an invaluable sight for travel ----.
My winning bid was $58.00 plus taxes.This hotel offers an internet rate of $99.00 per night as of today for the regular sized suite. The prices do change on their website, not sure if its daily or weekly. When I checked their website before booking the lowest rate was $103.00.
The hotel had very nice curb appeal, nicely landscaped. The main entrance way was clean.
The hotel was just okay. The reason I say this is because the staff was the downfall. From the first step into the hotel lobby the staff was not welcoming or friendly at all. I don't think not one of the three clerks at the front desk smiled once and made you feel that you are a special guest. I felt like I was interrupting them. Anyway I received my statement and my 2 key cards. I was directed to the closest entrance to my room and was on my way. This hotel allows pets. The side entrance we used had dog poop and what looked like dog puke on the sidewalk to the doorway. Would be nice if people cleaned up after themselves or the staff. There wasn't any noticeable pet ordor indoors at all. All the hallways appeared clean and vacuumed. I did walk through the entire hotel to see the layout and to check it out.
Our room was on the 2nd floor. It was a very spacious "suite" as all the rooms are called. It had 2 double beds (requested), a complete kitchen, refrigerator with ice, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and even a dishwasher. There was minimal cups, glasses, plates, gadgets, pots & pan, a colander, utensils, dishtowels, etc. The things the kitchen did NOT have in my room was the coffee, tea bags, sugar that was to be supplied in the empty basket next to the coffeemaker. The dish soap was also absent. Just some things you might want to bring yourself. I like my rooms to be equipped with what they say is included. It wasn't really a problem I just went down to the lobby desk and asked for coffee. They gave it to me no problem. The female clerk just reached in her desk drawer and handed me the coffee. But gee not even a friendly, Can I Help You? or a smile. Nothing. Off the front desk lobby area is a reception area with tables and chairs the fixings for coffee and choice of teas, an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie warmer, some baskets and stuff. Nothing was is use. No coffee available at my check-in 3:oo p.m. I enquired about continental breakfast being served there, my reply from the unsmiling clerk was "oh, we don't have that on weekends" The staff was just not friendly in any way. In fact the only one who was friendly was the housekeeper on our floor. She did smile when I said hello.
The entire room was very, very clean with two exceptions. The thick layer of dust on top of the refrigerator and the carpeting. There were alot of stains on it that were very obvious, however the rooom was thoroughly vacuumed and dusted.
The suite also had a full size sofa bed, coffetable,
adequate lamps and lighting (although the bulb didn't work in the lamp over the bedroom dresser). There is drawer space galore as the suites are designed for extended stay as they advertise. The bathroom was exceptionally clean. It had ample towels, one bar of soap, a box of tissues and an extra roll. There wasn't any shampoo or conditioner. I'm sure if that was to be provided or not. There was a hairdryer, the in the wall kind. It was broken and fell out of the wall when you tried to remove it from the holder. It also did not work. There was a nice size closet in the bedroom area with a few hangers, an ironing board and iron. Cable TV is provided on a caster wheeled table that can be moved somewhat due to the short cable cord and plug.
Onto the beds. Ample comfortable pillows. The bedspreads appeared very old fashioned, the shiney polyester kind. The mattresses are very poor quality. Both our beds were bowed in the mid section. I slept okay, my husband did not. He awoke with shoulder pain.
I know this is a very mixed review, I like details.
Overall, I would definately stay here again. I do think the rates are over priced for this establishment. But they are the prevailing rates for the area, maybe a few dollars less than all the other hotels nearby. I would recommend this hotel especially at the Priceline price. I would let the hotel know about my dissappointments.
My suggestion to this hotel would be to offer cheaper weekend rates. The parking lots were very empty at 3:00, 8:30, 10:30 pm and 8:00 am to 10:00 am on Saturday. So I assume the hotel was less than half booked. A Holiday Shopper Cheap Rate would bring more business on weekends.
The location is great. Right off of Rt. 9 and I-84.
There is plenty of shopping. A super Wal-Mart is across the street. Splash Down Water park is nearby. The Poughkeepsie Galleria is about 15 minutes north on Rt. 9. There are many restaurants nearby including fast food. There is the quaint town of Beacon. You can walk to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant or Charlies Steakhouse across the street. Outback Steakhouse and Applebee's are nearby.
Overall I do recommend this hotel and would stay again. I wasn't terribly dissappointed and it was for just one night. I would not pay any more than I did. Nearby hotels are The Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Courtyard Marriott, Ramada and another "all suite" hotel being built.
The under the door check out statement asked for us to please complete the Hotel opinion card in our room, however none could be found.
I'd like to give this hotel an average rating but the staff issues and the carpeting really drag my rating down.

• Stayed November 2005