Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area
Springhill Suites By Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
$139
$134
$100
Holiday Inn Express(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
$126
$120
QualityInn
$136
$105
$141
Hampton.com
$129
Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
$110
All reviewsfull kitchenown bathroomlarge roomenjoyed our stayfull sizehome away from homeliving areapull out couchwaffleswould stay here againfree breakfastconvenient locationnew yorkhudson valleyfireplaceunitsgas
Reviewed December 6, 2011

If you miss 1978 then this is the hotel for you! Old dated room and appliances. Ceiling was peeling off in the living area. Mold in the bathroom. Bed so uncomfortable, bedding old, sheets maybe a 30 thread count, foam pillows.
This was a last minute booking so I had no choice but staying here. I was shocked that Marriott would have it's name on such a shabby room.
The staff was nice and the pool area looked clean. The breakfast buffet was pretty sad, stay away from the hot food, stick to the toast, cereal and juice. No ice machine.
Free Wi-Fi was a big plus. Dog friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NY C
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I normally love Residence Inns, as well as the Marriott brand in general. This is by far the worst Marriott property I have ever stayed at. The exterior of the hotel has peeling paint and is very grimy looking. The interior has appliances that are several decades old, and apparently heating/cooling systems that have not been updated in quite some time. The ventilating system made hissing noises all night long, literally waking me out of a sound sleep a couple of times. The walls are so thin that I could not sleep due to the footsteps of those above me, and general noise of those in the units next door. In addition, there was no one refilling the breakfast buffet, and there was nowhere to sit. We ended up having to bring our cereal back to our room to eat.

In addition, I understand that when you book on priceline, you cannot select the number of beds in the room. So, in an effort to combat this, I called the Residence Inn immediately after I booked, approximately 6 weeks before the trip, and asked for two beds since my mom and I were sharing a room. The receptionist said that they would try their best to accommodate us. I have booked on Priceline close to fifty times, and I have never had an issue getting two beds. When I arrived at the Residence Inn, the cranky front desk clerk said that they were sold out, and all she had was a one bed room -- but it had a sofa bed. So we were stuck in a room with a queen bed and a sofa bed -- not exactly the ideal accommodations for two grown women. Someone was going to wake up with a bad back in the morning.

Thank goodness we booked on Priceline -- this place was not worth the $69 I paid; I couldn't imagine paying full price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AshleyMarie84
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have visited this hotel in the past and always found it comfortable, great value, clean, etc. as evidenced by the fact that we continue to return every year for our annual fall foliage trip. This time I was truly disappointed because I found it very dirty to the point of 'this place needs a total makeover' dirty. The girls at the front desk are wonderful - very accommodating, friendly and willing to please but the rooms are absolutely atrocious. The chairs and sofa are so dirty we actually put towels down before we sat down on them. There is a fireplace in the room but that doesn't mean the entire side of the wall should be black from the soot - looks like the place hasn't been cleaned in ages - there were cobwebs on the window sills, the kitchen cabinet doors were stuck (or warped; not sure which) and overall I felt that this property does not lend itself to being a Marriott hotel at all. The outside area also was not clean - walls, stairwells, etc., were not kept up. I'm sorry to say we might have to start looking for other hotels in the area next year because this one was really disappointing and, to be honest, embarrassing!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sthomas0616
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I must say that the service here was wonderful! The people that I met in our short stay were more than accomodating. Our bed was comfortable and our room was very clean. The only problem was that the suites are very outdated. ~ bathroom and bathroom cabinets could really use a facelift! The small kitchen area is very convenient if you need that type of accomodation but that was also outdated. I booked 2 rooms which I thought were both the same. One of the rooms had a queen bed and pull out sofa bed. The 2nd room that I booked for my parents had 2 beds which seemed more like full size beds as well as a pull out couch and fireplace. I had no idea there was an option of different rooms since I booked them both with queens. We didn't complain. We just went along with it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We planned a Hudson Valley trip this month and the Residence Inn was the best value via Hotels.com and Priceline. Perfectly situated off the main highways, it is a mere 3 blocks to quaint Fishkill and some top dining spots. (Il Barilotto...see my review!) I agree that the exterior is dated and needs a coat of paint, but we were very pleased with the spacious room, the layout, the amenities, (fridge, coffeemaker etc). The front desk staff were extremely helpful, professional, and offer restaurant and shopping guides fof the surrounding areas. Nice little daily breakfast that offers fresh hot and cold foods, and as noted in other reviews, the Manager's evening get together is very fun. Good cold beer and bevereages, snacks, cheeses, sometimes BBQ..... A nice little touch. You can make this your hopping off spot for the 9E/9S drive up and down the Hudson. Don't miss Hyde Park or Culinary Institute of America, 15 minutes from the hotel!!

Room Tip: Stay on the upper level, try to get a room near the middle or back of the property for ease in access and parking.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple