“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fishkill

Ramada Fishkill
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Fishkill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
FAIRFAX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was very disappointing. My room was on the first floor and about 3 feet from the curb of the parking lot. An exterior door was no longer accessible, so this hotel obviously used to be a motel. For what I paid, I should have gotten more. No fridge in room, just an empty spot where it should have been. I had to switch rooms because of the smell in the non-smoking room. I wasn't told that I had a breakfast card in the room key envelope, so when I showed up at breakfast without the card the server asked me to go all the way back to my room to get it. Not worth what I paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

abchew, General Manager at Ramada Fishkill, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We are sorry that you encountered some problems with your recent stay. Yes, we were a motel turned into a hotel. We do have refrigerators and we would appreciate your giving us one more chance and request your return when travel brings you our way. Thank you.

WALTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place was a good average place. I thought the bed was good. I slept well. I liked the fact that they had less pillows then some places (one is just fine with me). The lack of volume control that worked on the radio was a small inconvience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

abchew, General Manager at Ramada Fishkill, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Please return. We have fixed the volume control and would like to welcome you back should travels bring you this way again. Thank you.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We used the Ramada in Fishkill, NY as our group rate hotel for our wedding in October 2012. The sales manager who helped us book the group rate, Jose, was extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We chose the Ramada because it had a reasonable rate and a bar/nightclub that was perfect for our after party following the wedding. It was the perfect place for us to continue our wedding celebration with our friends. The group rate price we received was cheaper than almost all the other hotels situated in that neighborhood on Route. We were also able to book a suite for ourselves. The room was spacious, clean, and complete with a comfy bed and free wifi. It was nice to reconvene with our friends at breakfast as well.

We thought the service from the hotel staff was a little strange. Our bed was not made after one night and we received an inappropriate letter from the housekeeper (photocopied & signed by the housekeeping manager) stating that there were too many items on our bed for her to properly clean the room. Please note: We left 1 messenger bag on the bed. It probably took more time for the housekeeper to write the letter than move our bag off the bed and actually make it. When we checked in there was a similar (obnoxious) sign at the front desk asking costumers to be "patient and understanding" of the hotel staff because they are really busy and cannot fulfill all our requests. A little strange.

I would still recommend this hotel. Overall, everything was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Please return. We have worked out the weird service aspects and would like your to return.
Thank you.

Somers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Do yourself a favor. Sleep in the car!!! Filthy, Horrible Smells, Suspicious Stains It is extremely run-down and dirty. Ramada has no pride in its brand to allow this hotel to operate. Stay far,far,away!!!!I

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Disgusting: They say you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. We we have. Please return and I personally will guarantee that you will have a pleasant stay. Please telephone me in advance; 845-896-6281 and I will make the arrangements. Thank you.

Adair B. Chew

Travelers are raving about these Fishkill hotels

COBURN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

At $122 a night I expected a refrigerator/microwave in our room. Guess again! I was told that since they had 100+ rooms it was too expensive to have a refrigerator and microwave in every room and they were available upon request. I did ask for them and they did get placed in our room but really??? Should I have to ask??? Also I booked online and was charged $122. I had friends book at the hotel and they were charged $98? I asked the lobby staff and was told "the manager gave them a deal" I was not offered the same....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Please return and I will give you a better rate with a refrigerator in the room. Eventually we WILL have refrigerators in all of the rooms. If you call me direct prior to your next visit I will assure a good rate. Please call me at: 845-896-6281. Thank you,