“Enjoyable dinner”
Review of Maya Cafe

Maya Cafe
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I was not expecting much from this place as the area was near a bunch of malls and chain restaurants. We went in on a Sunday evening and the place was busy, always a good sign in my book. The restaurant itself was dimly lit and on the dingy side. This is the reason for one less star. The waitress was friendly and attentive without being over bearing. The food was very good and fresh. I worked for years with a Mexican partner and learned allot about proper Mexican food as he calls it. This place was pretty close to most placeshe took us to. There were a few American favorites to appease all but most were true Mexican dishes. The spice was done right and the ingredients were all fresh from salsa to the guacamole. We will definately be back. To the review that came for lunch I would advise trying it for dinner again.

New Milford, Connecticut
“Run. . .away from it!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Three couples who had not seen each other in two years met at the Maya Café for lunch. We had heard OK things about it and it was equidistant for each couple to meet there.
When we arrived, there was no one in the restaurant and we were seated at a great table for 6. Our waiter came over immediately and got our drink orders. We then all ordered our food.
Each person who began eating said their food was made by an amateur chef. The food was not spiced as true Mexican food usually is, and it was cold. Because we were so glad to see each other, we suffered through the food.
Half way through our lunch, our waiter came over and said, "Will you be ordering coffee and dessert?" We said, "Could we finish our lunches first?"
To top everything off, the owner kept pacing back and forth because by now, we had stayed two hours. There was only one other couple in the place!!!! The hostess kept walking by, slamming her menus behind us. My husband tried to go to the bathroom, but the person he asked as to where it was ignored him! We could not wait to get out of there.
I cannot think of one reason to ever go back. And let me tell you, we never complain!!!!

• Visited July 2014
Oxford, AL
“Best Mexican Food north of Vegas”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I ate dinner here after a lot of traveling. This was the first place I'd been to since moving out of Las Vegas that had Mexican food to remind me of home.

Salsa is fresh and a bit chunky with vegetables. Chili Rellanos is actually done the right way, too! Serving sizes were decent.

Service was great, and they offered a discount from our hotel.

Downside--A little pricey, and no churros.

Visited July 2014
Bristol, Virginia
“Wonderful!!! And easy to get to off interstate!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here for first time for a special dinner for my brother and it was awesome! Huge portions! And wonderful Mexican food! Now it's a family favorite!! Highly recommend visiting this place on your way thru the area!! It's so easy to get to off the interstate!!

Visited August 2013
NY
“Love Maya Cafe”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We enjoy the Mexican experience here with authentic food, a mariachi band that's visits your table and very good service. The owners always stop by to say hello and ensure your enjoying yourself. It gets very busy on the weekends and there's a reason why. If you want to have a good time, good drinks and good food, be sure to visit!

• Visited July 2014