“Best Indian food around”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tanjore

Tanjore
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wapiti, Wyoming
“Best Indian food around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Of course it's also one of the only sources of Indian food around. But it's good nonetheless. I'm not usually a fan of lunch buffets, but this one was not bad; although I prefer going there for dinner which is not buffet style.

The service is friendly, the restaurant is clean and quiet.

• Visited November 2012

NEW JERSEY
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although staying in Fishkill was not so exciting (seems depressed), I have to say that I had 2 of the best meals I've had in a long time and Tanjore was tops. If I have to say one thing negative is the location - in a dark corner of a strip mall that looked like many stores were vacant. But thanks to GPS - not a problem. Atmosphere was nice, clean and food - very hot and delicious. With AC on in the summer, it seems meals get cold too quickly - not here. Served very hot. I'm not too experienced with the names and waiters accent was difficult, but we had the paneer with peas and paneer with veges and almond cashew sauce. So good. Had the little fried dough in simple syrup for desert and I think it was missing some aromatic flavoring that I've had before. Seemed bland. Don't know if I'll be back to Fishkill, but if you go.....this is one of it's best reasons to go.

Hopewell Junction, New York
“Excellent Lunch Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We came here for the lunch buffet upon a friend's recommendation, and we were very impressed! For starters, the food was steamining hot - which cannot be said for many buffets in the area.

Most importantly, the food was delicious. There were several different entrees, each with it's own distinct flavor. My favorite was the lamb with potatoes, although the vegetarian dish with chick peas & cauliflower was equally amazing. My wife loved the baked chicken in addition to the entree dishes.

It was also nice that there were plenty of condiments available to top on the food. In addition to my favorite - tamarind chutney - they also had onions, mango chutney, coriander, and some spicy sauce.

Only one dessert option, but we loved it...kind of like round pancake balls in a syrup. That may not be the best description, but I'm not really sure what it was....but it was spongy & sweet, and we enjoyed it.

The service is matter-of-fact, but pleasant overall & the price was right too, so a great meal at a great value.

Maplewood, NJ
“Good Indian Food in Fishkill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our family loves Indian food, and we were not disappointed with our meal at Tanjore. We went there for an early dinner during a family weekend while checking out things to do along the Hudson.

The restaurant is on one end of a strip mall that is partially unoccupied. If I had not seen the reviews on Tripadvisor, we may have skipped it. The area around the restaurant in general is clean, but not inviting. The restaurant itself is clean.

The food was tasty, but the lamb vindalooo was not as spicy as we thought it should be. Service was OK. We were disappointed later to discover that they did not include one of our leftover dishes in the bag we took home, but I'm sure that was just an oversight.

We would eat here again if we return to the area.

1 Thank cseleosida
Hopewell Junction, New York, United States
“worth a return trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have been returning here for a number of years now when we need a fix for Indian food. The spicy Spring Paneer Dosa will remind you of what you love about Indian spices and is almost a meal in itself. Great vegetarian entrees too!

• Visited July 2013