“Large clean rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Leander
“Large clean rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Ventured in on a cold snowy night and were very pleased with the facility. We had an adjoining queen and king suite rooms which were clean and very nicely appointed. Breakfast was fast and full of choices. Seating has to be supplemented with meeting room. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank RiceMama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Barrington, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. I have not been impressed with most Quality Inns but this one is definitely an exception. The rooms are large, the entire hotel is clean and a great value. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. The hotel is right off the highway in Fishkill and is in back of a great Diner that I would recommend also. The only knock I gave is that you can hear the highway in your room if you are way in back but other than that a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Thomasfrank
Pound Ridge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights January 17, 18, 19. This hotel is only 6 years old, so everything is new, clean and in good working order. The location is great, just off Route 84. We stayed in room 118 with a nice Jacuzzi.

Complaints/issues? Only two, both could be dismissed as minor, but I found them annoying.

While the bed was comfortable, whoever ordered the pillows was either a Lilliputian or a Munchkin. They are approximately the size of large napkins. I have two of them behind my head as I write this, and my cranium is banging the headboard.

The other issue is the mirrored closet door, which in a hotel room not designed by the Marquis de Sade, would be a sliding door. This one swings open, pretty much creating an impassable obstacle between the bedroom area and the entrance/bathroom area. Very unwieldy and goofy to the point where you're tempted to just throw your stuff on the floor and forget the closet.

This didn't bother me, but my companion described the quilt as on the thin and insubstantial side, and there were no other quilts or blankets in the room.

Complimentary breakfast is good. Staff is friendly.

I'm still going with four stars because they have the important bases covered for a hotel in this price range.

Tip: The hotel is owned by the same folks that own the very good 84 diner a few steps next door. The diner offers a discount (in our case, 10%) to guests of the hotel, buy there is no sign to that effect in either the hotel or the diner. We "accidentally" found out about this from our waitress.

Tip 2: BYOP - bring your own pillows.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is our first choice hotel when visiting family in the area. Always clean, small workout room, pool and buffet breakfast. Close to the highway and diner on property. Meets all of our needs!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TripPlanner124
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Chose this hotel because it was close to where we were visiting and close to the highway. Turned out to be an excellent choice. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, plenty of towels, the room we were in was very quiet, and the staft was extremely helpful. Close to I-84, gas stations, pharmacy's, etc. in a gorgeous setting. There is also an awesome diner - the I-84 Diner - within walking distance (they actually sort-of share a driveway). I would/will book there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room with 2 queen beds, which overlooked the front entrance, and found it to be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Utica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was our first time at this Hotel. All the places we stayed previously were all booked when we were invited for Turkey Day. This was the less expensive hotel that had a room for us. I must say we were pleasantly surprised. Very clean, very quiet, nice beds, what more could you ask for. As I was bring some food for dinner, I was surprised at the size of the refrigerator. Bigger than the college dorm type. Everything I brought fit nicely.
There were teams of high schoolers staying there for some games in the area. The management shut them down very early & nicely! They served breakfast but since our favorite "red line diner" was close by, we ate there every morning.

Room Tip: I tried to get rid of the 2terribles but could not erase them. They should read N/A!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield Gardens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I would like to express my sincere thanks to Leah and the staff of the Quality Inn, Fishkill, NY. After a long exhausting day of work it was nice to be welcomed and checked in so kindly. The hotel looks great on the outside, it has a large lobby and dining area. All finishes appeared to be new. Everything looked and smelled clean. My room was great clean with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was new and clean, the shower was perfect. There were fresh baked cookies at the front desk for (gawds sake!)...I felt like I was in the Ritz Carlton. Given the extraordinary customer service. But wait....that's not all - the night I stayed there was a Manager's Guest Greet and Meet Dinner....Wowwa! Grilled chicken with mashed potatoes, wild rice, salad, steamed vegetables, soda and dinner rolls with butter. You guys are the best. Thank you so much! See you soon.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business