“Great place to stop off I-84”

Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times driving through the area - it is right off I-84. It was clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. The fridge is a plus and lots of parking. We stayed on the parking lot side of the building so we did not hear any traffic noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stazi3

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed 4/12 and 4/13. We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and always like to stop here when we're in the area. It is a platinum award hotel.

It is just off I-84 and easy to get to. There is plenty of parking. The clerk checked us in quickly and reminded us it was non-smoking, non-pet which was fine with us. We got a room on the first floor that was clean and comfortable. The two queen beds had fresh sheets and comfortable pillows. Room had a small flat screen TV and fridge, but no microwave. There was no guest laundry in the hotel which was a bit disappointing. Cookies were available all day in the lobby where a hot breakfast is served.

There is a great diner right next to the hotel. Suggest you try it.

Room Tip: You'll love the I-84 diner next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry C
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently spent one night at this Quality Inn & Suites and it looked very welcoming. Our room was very clean and our king bed was very comfortable. Room included mini fridge and microwave which was very convenient and the breakfast buffet was good which included a waffle maker, assorted cereal, powdered scrambled eggs with sausage patties, bagels, English muffins and assorted muffins. Our only issue which became very annoying after a while was the very thin walls that echoed every noise next door, including the very loud kids next to us – we had to call the hotel front desk to quiet them down finally at 2:00am. For that reason, we would think twice about going back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank petehz
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here with wife for a quick getaway from the kids ( we live in Fishkill area) and chose this because it was close to our home. The room was pretty standard. The staff was OK, the breakfast was generic - except for the waffles.

My main issue was the noise. My wife is a very light sleeper, and we heard trucks driving by the hotel all night long, the hotel is next to the highway (1-84).

We spoke about it to the front desk and the girl said we get that complaint sometimes. I will probably try another hotel in Fishkill, next time.

Room Tip: yeah get a room on the opposite side of the hotel - away from the road...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had been in Manhattan on a group tour. When it ended we grabbed a rental car and headed to Fishkill to visit my son who lives in Beacon ("right next door"). The staff greeted up warmly, with freshly baked cookies, and a room on the first floor, a nice change from all the elevator riding during the previous week. The "complementary continental breakfast" was typical.

We will stay here again if the occassion arises.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the side away from I84, do it! (We were not bothered, but we're sound s...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently spent one night at this Quality Inn & Suites. Rooms were very clean and are your typical hotel sized room. Beds were comfortable. The pillows are horrible. They are what I would call throw pillow size, half the size of a regular bed pillow. They were uncomfortable to sleep on because the lack of head space. The heating system worked but was loud and so was the refrigerator. When one stopped making noise the other would start. Made for a restless nights sleep. The breakfast was nice. There were make your own waffles, cereal, scrambled egg and sausage patties, bagels, english muffins, breads and assorted muffins. They even had really good tasting danishes that were very fresh. Variety of fruit juices and very good tasting coffee. The girl kept the breakfast area full at all times. Since the hotel was booked they even opened a conference room for people to sit in. This is the first time I ever saw a hotel do that. Fresh fruit, store bought cookies and coffee is available 24 hours. When I arrived they had my reservation wrong. I had reserved a double queen and they had me in a King. The girl told me that was what I reserved but good thing for me I had my confirmation email that showed I booked a double queen. They also had my rate wrong which was higher than I booked again good thing I had my confirmation. It took them a while to shuffle rooms and adjust my rate but in the end I did get what I had reserved. I would recommend people to stay here but I would suggest bringing your own pillows if you like to sleep on a larger pillow and ear plugs if the noise would bother you. When ever you travel you should bring proof of your reservation just in case you need it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gershep
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I just returned from a 5-week stay at the Quality Inn in Fishkill. I was awaiting the birth of my first grandchild and had no intentions of being there so long. However, the staff at this hotel was so welcoming, professional, and warm that it made my stay the most comfortable I have experienced at a hotel. They did everything possible to keep me in the same room and when that was not possible, the staff moved all of my belongings for me.

The rooms were completely clean and the bathrooms were spotless and spacious. The King Suites with whirlpool tubs were absolutely wonderful and the beds were more than comfortable. I was able to use the free Wi-Fi to continue working remotely so I did not have to use vacation days during the wait. Everything I needed was provided, from clean linens and towels, to restaurant recommendations and free breakfast every morning. Also, having a 24-hour diner in the adjoining parking lot and within walking distance was a great bonus.

We did not lose power during Hurricane Sandy and the staff made sure I knew that someone would be available if I needed anything. The customer service shown here is quite exceptional. I know where I'll be staying during future visits.

Thanks to everyone at Quality Inn, especially Nicole, Leah, Corrine (?), Dimitri, and the wonderful housekeeping staff.

Robin