“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel was wonderful from the start to finish. The rooms are excellent, clean and well equipped. The staff was extremely helpful and even printed a map to help us locate a restaurant we were going to. Breakfast included everything you could want for a morning meal and the food was hot and fresh. All in all a wonderful place.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be okay.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Showmama1967
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Showmama1967,

Thank you for recent stay. The entire staff works extremely hard to ensure each and every guest has the best experience possible. Your kind words have been shared with the staff, Management and Owners.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Nancy Sullivan, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a few nights booked on Travelocity. The outside property and landscape is neat and clean, and quiet. You have a few surrounding hotels and a gas station across the street. The check in was smooth with a courteous front desk staff. I booked on Travelocity and requested upper level near corner room. (always ask for upper level near corner) You want to stay away from the elevators. We instead got a 1st level room near the snack machines and an exit. We immediately requested upper level and got it. The entire hotel looks renovated or relatively new. The hall ways are clean as are the rooms. We had 2 beds for four people no problems. The beds were very comfortable no complaints about anything. The bathroom neat and clean. (just watch out for the door- swings in wide and takes most of the bathroom up). We could tell that most of the people staying there were business people, but there were families. If you are a business person - do not count on the business center, and bring your own paper and pens. The computers freeze often, but the wifi worked well. The gym was ok, two tread mills and a bike. The breakfast was outstanding. though small area. Your choice of eggs, sausage, pancakes, bagels, cereals, yogurts, pastries, etc. The staff at the breakfast was spot on making sure everything was filled. Make sure you visit the Rip Van Winkle boat trip on the Hudson River HudsonRiverCruises.com - You have a Red Line Diner across the street from hotel. Good eats, but always packed and expensive. You have plenty of other choices on the route 9 and in the area.

Room Tip: Always ask for upper level near corner room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jac1028
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear jac1028,

Thank you for being out guest!!!. I have shared this review with all staff, management and ownership. We are so glad you were able to find everything that you needed right in close proximity to the hotel. The Red Line Diner is a big hit with guests and staff alike.

We have been opened since Dec 2007. Our entire staff works tirelessly to ensure the hotel looks as it did on opening day. It brings them great pride to see all their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back if you ever find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent guest at the HI Express because of business travel to Fishkill. This hotel is conveniently located to a shopping center, Wal-Mart, a movie theater, several restaurants, and easy access to the highway.

I am always happy with my stay and have never been disappointed. This HI Express is safe and very clean! The rooms are modern. The vizio flat screen TVs have excellent reception and beautiful color. The beds and pillows are so comfortable and I enjoy the shower because the water pressure is steady and it never runs out of hot water. The bathroom is a little bit on the small side but the design is nice with its granite countertop and large mirrors. The toilet flushes quietly, and the toiletries are of good quality.

I am impressed with the outstanding staff!!! The assistant manager Nancy Sullivan and employees Tom, Yankie, and Robert from guest services/front desk are so welcoming, accommodating, proficient, and professional! I can't say enough for excellent customer service they all provide!

The breakfast is very good and varies from time to time and includes pancakes, scrambled eggs (sometimes with peppers), sausage patties, turkey sausage links, warm cinnamon rolls, a variety of muffins and danish, cold cereals, flavored oatmeal packets, apples, bananas, milk, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, and more. You won't go away hungry. I love the coffee! On most evenings the staff puts out chocolate chip cookies for guests free of charge for a yummy snack.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FunVacationers
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Well-appointed, great and friendly staff. Everyone so helpful to someone new to the area. And fresh cookies, too. Got easy directions to all the sites we wanted to see, boarding pass, and it was lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Epicurean5
Israel
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We choose to return to this hotel after visiting Fishkill about three years ago. We liked as before the nice welcome and quick check in as well as this clean and inviting room with the great and convenient large beds.
We are again very disappointed from the Breakfast menu and all philosophy around: The food variety is very poor, every time the same scramble eggs and a few hot sausages, two or three cereal containers, NEVER SOME VEGETABLE, one or two types of fruit.
The looks of a Fast food chain is inevitable! The paper plates and the soft plastic forks and knifes as well as cups are entirely in a contrast to a high valued hotel chain, and it relates to all Holiday Inn hotels we visited. We don't really understand why. Once (about five years ago) every HI Express hotel uses normal Dishes and cutlery! Why are you lowered the standard? Why you think that a business person or a matures couple likes this kind of breakfast experience?
We believe that you have to do a few things to improve the breakfast philosophy for a much welcoming travelers feelings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yairlin
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Fishkill-Mid Hudson Valley. We are happy to hear that you came back to the area and stayed with us! When our Brand Manager for Holiday Inn Express is in the area, we will discuss this review with him and bring it to his attention. Thank you for your business and for helping us to better serve our guests.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We drove to a few Fishkill lodgings upon arrival and settled on HIE after driving past 3. We didn't regret it at all. We stayed here in June 2011 and the memory of it remains clear. It had decent-sized rooms which could accommodate a family of 2A 2C. Not only that, we had the free use of the business lounge to so a web check-in for our flight home as well as print!! It was also a noon that we could do our laundry before we returned home so we had less dirty laundry! Wonderful!

A simple breakfast greeted us the next morning. Simple but decent. Pancakes, toast, yoghurt, fruit, milk, juices, cereals.

Around The area are restaurants, a small mall with a cinema, a chain department store (I forgot if it was Target or K-Mart). We managed to watch GREEN LANTERN and HANGOVER part 2. Heh heh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Weemeister
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Weemeister,

Thank you for your kind words. They have been shared with the staff and ownership of the property. It is very gratifying to know all of their hard work pays off.

If you find yourself back in the Fishkill area, we are always here to welcome you back.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently made reservations at this hotel for a work trip I was going on. The hotel rep said they were located about 20 miles from West Point Military Academy. A 20 miles commute didn't seem like a big deal and it was a newer hotel so I booked my stay. However, later on after I found out from a co-worker that the 20 miles was actually at least a 40 minute drive because the commute included travel through some winding mountainous roads that got extremely foggy at various times throughout the day and night. I cancelled my reservation and changed it to another Holiday Inn Express (HIE) that was older, but closer to West Point and to avoid the extreme driving and visibility conditions.

As I was on government travel, I ask for an email verifying that my reservation was cancelled. I was told that they didn't offer emails for cancellations but verified my reservations would be cancelled. A couple weeks after I returned from my travels, imagine my surprise when I found I was still being charged for a room at HIE Fishkill even though I cancelled my reservation.

I contacted Holiday Inn corporate. The representative I spoke with reviewed their records for the prior reservation as well as an upcoming reservation only to find out the information they had on file was inaccurate. The representative admitted that his information was only updated if/once the hotel updated their information with corporate. I was told I would have to take the billing error up with the hotel because the cancellation was handled directly. HIE, Fishkill contacted me a couple of days later and said that without my confirmation number for the cancellation, they would not remove the charge. I told them that it was several weeks since the cancellation had been done and that I had been assured that my reservation had been cancelled. When I mentioned that I had requested an email verifying the cancellation, I was told again that the hotel did not provide emails for cancellations.

Bottom Line...This HIE is under private ownership like many are. As they failed to cancel my reservation after telling me they would, and I did not have a cancellation number (almost 3 weeks after the actual stay) I am now stuck paying for a room I did not use. It appears HIE record keeping has some areas for improvement and when they don't do their job, they expect you and I (the customer) to pay for their lack of attention to detail. Is this really the way Holiday Inn does business or just this location?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank LuAnn G
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry that you were not able to stay with us. Our hotel has a 24 hour cancellation policy. Would you mind sending an email to sales@expressfishkill.com with your name so that I can look up your reservation further? We hope that when you are in the area again, you will give us a try.