“If you're visiting Peekskill, keep this in mind .”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I recently took a trip to this area for a party in Cortlandt. We wanted a brand hotel instead of an inn and found this hotel. We usually stay at Hilton properties but this was the closest, only 3 miles from the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised that it was on par or better than the the Hilton Garden Inn at a significantly lower price. Because I'm a rewards member they upgraded us to.a suite. When I noticed they were having an online special rate I called the front desk and they lowered the price. I expected to be turned down. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the complimentary buffet breakfast had the standard items but the food quality was a bit higher.
The hotel is located in an area that is safer and cleaner than other parts of town, and the parking lot is well-lit. But it was the convenience of the location that sold us. Our only complaint was the dim lighting in the bathroom, but it was a clean well appointed bathroom which made up for that,
In summary, if you're going to be in the area and need a convenient location and you like the Holiday Inn chain, this will not disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ahs281
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Fishkill-Mid Hudson Valley. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us when you were in town! We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the area. Thank you for your business and for your review.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I got married in April in Peekskill. We initially booked our group at the unfinished Holiday Inn in Peekskill and at the last minute a manager told us that the Peekskill location would not open in time (though we were promised many times that it would be) and moved us to Fishkill. The Peekskill location was difficult to deal with and often made false promises.

The staff in Fishkill were fantastic to us and our guests, working with them was such an improvement over the other location. The room was clean and spacious, and the team there worked to accommodate our every request. They understood how stressful it can be to move all of your guests to a different location 48 hours before your wedding and worked with our families and guests to inform everyone and offered a better rate than the Peekskill hotel.

Big thank you to the Fishkill Holiday Inn, we had a great weekend!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eddymac76
HIEX-Fishkill, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear eddymac76,

Congratulations on your wedding. The entire staff and management wish you many years of health and happiness. We understand how stressful it is to plan a wedding and we are happy we could help you with that. I have shared your kind words with the entire staff and they were pleased to know all of their hard work does not go unnoticed. I hope if you ever return to the area we will welcome you back with open arms.

Nancy Sullivan, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2014

this place is easy to get to (right off 84) and has a gas station and diner both adjoining parking lots. The hotel itself seemed pretty new, and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and we had a room where the shower had 4 jets that you can have the shower massage on.
Typical HIE breakfast selection - and had good open parking with 4 ways to come in and out (all the non-front were secure 24/7). TV selection was also good - better than what I saw at Marriott properties in the same area.

Room Tip: the x10 rooms are near the "quiet" elevator but the beds align to the wall away from other...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank erik f
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear erik f -

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive rooms which do include the upgraded amenities. Also, you did mention that you were impressed with the vast selection of cable channels. We are very happy that you did notice that we offer more than the competition in the area without the extra cost. Many of our guests do comment on our "brand new" appearance, which does serve as a reward of the hard work that we put in to keep the atmosphere within the hotel fresh. The staff at the hotel does look forward to your next visit so we can continue to serve you as one of our valued guests.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I found this property by sheer luck.Nancy the front desk manager couldn't be any nicer! She is always there to welcome us with a smile!The property is always clean and the accommodations are top notch.We have stayed at many different locations in the Fishkill /Poughkeepsie area and this one by far stands alone. People often ask why Fishkill? The area is beautiful,the locals are great and the Holiday inn express is superb,that's why.BEST KEPT SECRET!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy H
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Stacy H –

Our Assistant General Manager, Nancy, is one of the main reasons we retain our base of repeat guests. As she works her hardest to fulfill any requests that come her way with her trademark cheerful attitude, she is one of the major tent poles of this hotel. I also do want to give acclaim to the positive remarks with our facility, we are very happy that you consider us “top notch”. As you did mention, there are many other to choose from when it comes to lodging in Fishkill. We are the first choice for many travelers to the Fishkill / Poughkeepsie / Newburgh area based on the feedback that we receive, which speaks to the level of quality and service that we put out. Nancy, as well as myself, does look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was in Fishkill in a business trip.Usually I stayed in Quality Inn.
I tried Holiday Inn Express for one night.
It is a clean hotel with a nice rooms but....
Stayed one night
Was charged for three nights

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Michael b
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Michael b -

Thank you for providing your review... First, I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us, given us positive feedback about the rooms and the common areas of the property. We are the most recently constructed hotel in the Fishkill / Poughkeepsie market, which is why we always receive the comments that we still look “fairly new”.

After reviewing the reservations, it seems that you did reserve advance purchase reservations that you subsequently attempted to cancel. When you choose to reserve a room under the advance purchase rate, you are charged immediately for the reservation and you cannot cancel it.

If you do have questions with how our billing is posted regarding certain types of reservations, I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel. I do hope that you do choose to stay with us once again when you are back in the area…

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent service at this hotel. Friendly, extremely helpful front desk staff. I had a car problem and they could not have been more supportive, even personally helping me try to jump my battery and then referring me to a very good mechanic. Room was clean, fresh and pleasant. Comfortable beds, good coffee at breakfast. Good diner practically next door (we walked while the car was being fixed). Location right near I-84 (but not close enough to be noisy), good for our school tournament.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Darlenehcp
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Darlenehcp –

I am really happy to hear that your experience at the Holiday Inn Fishkill – Mid-Hudson Valley was a positive one. As we always go above and beyond when a guest has an issue, whether it be hotel related or not, I am glad to see that the assistance that our staff provide you made a lasting impression on you. I also did notice that you enjoyed the hotel itself, as well as the free hot breakfast… We do look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to serve you as one of our guests.

Holiday Inn Express Fishkill – Mid-Hudson Valley

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Next time I visit Fishkill I will select almost any other hotel, they are all within walking distance of each other so location isn't really an issue.

Good points: It was clean. Staff was polite. Room was nicely made up and furnished. Beds were comfortable. Complimentary breakfast had a large range of selections. The front desk staff was very polite when I had to call to ask them to tell other guests to please quiet down.

The downside was: 1) I waited a long time, almost 5 minutes, at the counter before anyone was present to check me in, no one around; after a 4 hour car ride I just want to get in my room; 2) I had read reviews here already warning me to not stay in room 118 or 119 or frankly, anywhere on the 1st floor, but I stupidly thought How bad can it be? when I was told I was in room 118; 3) the bathroom door in our room wouldn't close without much shoving and banging up high from the inside, it was warped by steam; 4) Room 118 is right next to a side exit/entrance where people come and go from all hours and apparently chat on their cell phones and whistle all night (prompting a call to the front desk asking them to tell whoever was loitering to move along); 5) Room 118 is also next to the pool, the shrieking and screaming of every child was so bad I couldn't hear the TV 40 feet down the hall (prompting another polite phone call to the desk at 9pm asking them to deal with this); 6) the hotel walls and doors are paper thin, I heard an entire phone call of a man in the next room and it was just a normal phone call, so you know, no privacy; 7) endless slamming of hotel room doors and people tramping in and out all night left me getting no sleep at all. Oh and 8) the pool: its an indoor pool with a glass wall and the snow overhead was dripping through the glass bubble and ALL the upholstered furniture was soaking wet from a combo of the dripping weather and the kids splashing all the chairs and tables so there was nowhere to sit and supervise your kids, I had to put one chair in the shower area (far from splashing) with 6 towels on it, whole area foggy with chlorine.

Room Tip: Friends staying on the 3rd floor said their room was great, quieter, though the walls were thin. I g...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank EmleeMA
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear EmleeMA –

I really do want to thank you for providing us with a summary of your experience with us. The staff is happy that you gave them positive marks about the cleanliness of the hotel and the polite attitude of the staff. Regarding the issues that occurred while you stayed with us, I would first like to apologize that your stay was not up to par with your expectations. As we did have a large group in house which did cause some of these issues, we did bring up the issues with the group contact who did take the appropriate actions. I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get a detailed explanation of what occurred, so I can fully assess what occurred. I would like to thank you for staying with us and do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.