“Nice Dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very good. Decent dinner. Perhaps a bit more NYC prices for the meal, but not bad. Don't order apps....there is bread, salad etc. Save teh money.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Sapore had been one of my favorite restaurants. Last night's experience changed that. We arrived and saw a man known to be either an owner or manager watch us stand at the hostess station for several minutes. He just remained seated in his leather chair and never greeted us nor did he cover for the absent hostess. The service was terrible and the food went from being "great" to being over-priced, over-cooked, and "fair" at best. We ordered the cold seafood platter for 2. It had been one of our favorites over the years. It has turned into an over-priced, under-portioned disappointment. It looked to us as though they reduced the portion by 50%. We waited 20 minutes for our drinks after ordering them. The rolls were not fresh or warm. We waited a rediculous amount of time between our salads and our entrees'. I had ordered my steak "rare" it came out "well done". It was obvious that my wife's mushroom ravioli had sat under a heat lamp for too long as the creamy sauce developed an unpleasant skin. I doubt we'll go back. Rumor in the restaurant world is that they are having financial problems. I'm not sure if the problems came as a result of the decline or the decline came as the result of finances but either way Sapore is over-priced for fair food and bad service.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful evening we dined here. The bar area is beautiful in an old fashioned, elegant way. The bartender, while not the "smiley" kind of guy, made great drinks and was attentive. Our waiter/host, Gunther, was unbelievable. So attentive, so funny, and just so very, very nice. Our food was delicious!! Appetizers of escargot, crab cakes as well as stuffed mushrooms were all delicious. Our entrees, hanger steak, porcini mushroom ravioli and filet mignon were equally delicious, though the filet mignon was by far rated as the outstanding meal of the night. So tender you barely needed a knife. Desserts of crime brûlée, cheesecake and a deep chocolate dessert were scrumptious. We'll be going back here VERY soon!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife is vegetarian so this place was perfect for us. We went with 2 other couples and had a great time. They have pasta, fish and vegetable dishes mixed in with the meat so everyone found something they liked and the food and service were very good.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant and we've been many times. Saturday night was a letdown. The service was good, as usual. The food was fair--not the usual. The seafood tower was skimpy, really skimpy, and I had a really bad oyster. Ugh! My fellow diners didn't enjoy their meals that much either. I don't know what's changed but Sapore is officially off the list. Sorry to say.

1  Thank Bcard145