“Steakhouse with a menu that has lots of variety.”
Review of Sapore Steakhouse

Sapore Steakhouse
Ranked #30 of 95 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife is vegetarian so this place was perfect for us. We went with 2 other couples and had a great time. They have pasta, fish and vegetable dishes mixed in with the meat so everyone found something they liked and the food and service were very good.

There are newer reviews for Sapore Steakhouse

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant and we've been many times. Saturday night was a letdown. The service was good, as usual. The food was fair--not the usual. The seafood tower was skimpy, really skimpy, and I had a really bad oyster. Ugh! My fellow diners didn't enjoy their meals that much either. I don't know what's changed but Sapore is officially off the list. Sorry to say.

1  Thank Bcard145
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Being a fan of NYC steakhouses, I really enjoyed the steak at Sapore. Tender juicy and perfectly cooked, it was complimented nicely by the creamed spinach. But I would be remiss if I did not mention the appetizer of topneck clams served with a nicely spiced cocktail sauce. Wife had the Clam chowder and that was a nice departure from the really thick and banal sort you usually see. This was intensly flavorful and creamy, but not too thick. Her mushroom Ravioli were also very good. Chocolate souffle dessert was sublime...
Only a couple of criticisms, the place was really loud due to a party of about ten guys having too much fun, and I was disappointed that there wasn't an Amarone on the wine list, although the bottle of Petite Sirah was phenomenol. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently went back to Sapore, it was one of our favorite restaurants when we lived in the area. The restaurant has a new general manager, and he is really trying hard - I applaud his desire and efforts

The ambiance here is great - it's very nicely decorated, on main street in Fishkill, a really quaint location in the middle of town. The restaurant is decorated like any major steakhouse - it's very nice. The key to Sapore is the service, it's still top shelf, the wait staff understands the proper techniques and is very professional and pleasant. As you'd expect, they have a major league wine list too.

The food is good, a bit pricey, but good quality food. There was a few things that were just a touch 'off' what we normally expected - for instance, the rolls were served cold and appeared stale - the once very fresh baked rolls were gone. Nothing major, but when you have a top restaurant in a town, it's the little things that really distinguish it

We'd recommend Sapore for sure, I hope it continues to get back to it's old form of excellence across the board

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Being a big fan of dry aged beef, I knew I needed to check this place out as soon as I heard about it. Went with a group of 7 guys and had an excellent meal. My 20 oz ribeye was absolutely delicious and will even go as far as saying it competes with Ruth Chris as far as flavor. Sure the price is a bit higher than most restaurants in the area, but dry aged beef is expensive. I can't wait to go back, very happy to have found this place!