“Great hotel”

HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Clean hotel with great service, amenities, and staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
HSFishkillGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so happy that Hotel Sierra can be considered a "great hotel." It is wonderful to hear your comments and we all hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

My family stayed at the Hotel Sierra while they were in town for my wedding. I left two gift baskets in the lobby for them. The hotel was able to let my family check in early to make the wedding in time, which is pretty standard in the hotel world. My sister called and told me that they did not get any gift baskets. When I called, I was told that they were unable to hand them the gift baskets because they were overwhelmed with the check out procedures of their guests and my family would get the baskets "when they could get to it". I asked how hard it was to turn around and hand them a gift basket. The response was "I am already going above and beyond letting them in here. They'll get them when they get them." Nice service for a new hotel.
Knowing what I know about this hotel and that it can't handle the most simple of tasks to make my family's stay pleasurable, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would not trust my family here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
HSFishkillGeneralMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry to hear your stay was not as you had excepted. We have addressed your issues and will try our best to make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

The room had a terrible smell throughout our entire stay and they didn't even change our room, all they did was spray!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
We have read your review and apologize for the terrible smell in your room. This issue has been resolved. We hope that the issue you encountered does not inhibit the possibility of you staying with us again in the future. Thank you for your comments - we truly value your opinion.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed July 31, 2009

I was in the area to attend a wedding and this hotel was recommended for the out of town guests. It was a very good recommendation!

The hotel was clean and modern and very easy to find a few hundred yards off Route 9.
I stayed in both a 'guest room' and a 'one bedroom suite' during my stay. Both very nice, although I thought the bathroom was slightly nicer in the room rather than the suite. It may be an American thing but there was bar soap rather than shower gel. Also not much natural light in the rooms but I was on the ground floor.
The free breakfast was better than expected with fresh fruit and omelettes to order being an added bonus. As it is a self service breakfast buffet, the dining room sometimes looked a bit messy before it was cleared.

I had originally planned to stay 2 nights but extended my stay to 4 nights due to a medical condition. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful, friendly and accommodating in the situation.

Very good room rates available online.

The computer room had 4 PCs and 2 printers which were free to use 24 hours a day - there was no wait when I wanted to use them, as the hotel also has free wireless internet.

The massive Wal Mart opposite was handy.

I would stay again if in area

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I've stayed twice at the Hotel Sierra. The first time I was given a complementary upgrade to a king suite. I enjoyed the room so much that I booked a suite for the second stay. Suites are large rooms subdivided into a kitchen/living room and a bedroom/bathroom. The living rooms have a large couch and easy chair and a flat screen television. The free Internet (wired and wireless) performed well and there was a comfortable chair and desk in the suite. Kitchens have basic cooking equipment, dishes, and utensils along with a refrigerator, range, and dishwasher. The king bed was comfortable and luxurious. There is a separate tube television in the bedroom. The rooms have views of the local WalMart and various parking lots that are easy to mask with venetian blinds. The hotel has a restaurant with a minimal menu, but the staff are very helpful in locating restaurants. We like the I-84 Diner which is just a short distance away. Breakfast at the hotel was very good with Starbucks coffee, fresh bagels, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit yogurt, cereals, and made to order omelettes. Definitely an excellent hotel suitable for a short or long stay and a step up from most chains.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I spend more time in a hotel than my own house and I have to say this is one of the most comfortable and friendly places I have stayed. Great value for the money and the rooms and the entire hotel is so clean. I now will not stay anywhere else when in the the Hudson Valley.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This was a great place to stay - especially for the price. It was clean, quiet and the service was great. The pool was a bit small, but since we were the only ones in it - it was fine! The front desk staff was friendly and the complementary breakfast was better than most. Hot food, plus breads, fruits, cereal, yogurt, juices, and coffee. If we were to visit this area again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple