“Comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Dublin, Ireland
“Comfortable”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a good hotel which has good potential. Rooms are comfortable, staff are very friendly make you feel at home. Breakfast good, can get crazy at weekends. If staying weekends during summer and want peace and quiet ask for back room not one over Bar area as guests can get loud even being asked by staff to be aware of other guests.

Room Tip: Choose back room for peace
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gapthunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Missiouri
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After spending most of our day in Hyde Park we were in need of a place to stay. Many of the hotels in the area were booked and we were starting to panic. We pulled into the Hyatt House and Chris S.and Rula at the front desk took very good care of us with their superb customer service. They also recommended the Diner across the street that was excellent. Try the NY Reuben.

This hotel is beautifully decorated and serve one of the best breakfast's we have had at a hotel. The omlettes made to order were delicious as were all the other things they offered.

I highly recommend staying here, you will not be sorry!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Bethpage, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I had a confirmed reservation for Saturday, September 7. When we arrived at the motel we were advised that there were no rooms available due to excessive wedding reservations. There were at least 5 other people in the same position - no rooms despite confirmed reservations. The staff seems completely inexperienced. We were compt to a night at Hampton Inn (across the street) - a much cheaper hotel. Our stay at the Hampton Inn was delightful but if we wanted to stay there we would have booked it in the first place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and staff was helpful and rooms were very nice the kitchenette was a nice bonus we used the onsite laundry mat and used the pool we liked the little onsite store. The breakfast was good and the items were always well stocked. We will recommend to our friends visiting the jw headquarters. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rreazon
Saint James, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just stayed here for two days and would come back again. The hotel is convienently located across from a WalMart, Cracker Barrel, Panera Bread, and a few other locations. The hotel is well kept. Rooms and clean and staff is friendly. If visiting the area I would reccomend this hotel. Hotel is about 15 minutes from Bear Mountain which is a nice spot to visit as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at the hotel, for a quick getaway to the Hudson Valley. The hotel is conveniently located to I-84, Route 9, and the thruway. It's located in a business park across from a Walmart so it is far from scenic. However it's a clean hotel with polite staff, huge suites with a full kitchen , and a good a free breakfast that includes an omelet station. Bottom line is this if your looking for a charming hotel or inn in the Hudson Valley, don't come here. If your looking for a good place to centrally locate yourself, and start your sightseeing on a full belly, I highly recommend this hotel. Also if your here for extended business it's also great, free wi fi, and plug in modem as well as kitchen .

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here two separate times 4 years ago when Sierra owned it. I was looking forward to our stay here for 10days. We traveled from Florida to Montreal then Fishkill. We arrived around 7pm. As we were traveling for 19 days we had lots of clothing which I immediately unpacked upon arrival. I placed our empty suitcases next to the dresser below the a/c return in the bedroom when I noticed 1/2" thick of dust. Then I swiped my along the window sill and blinds in the bedroom and it was the same condition. Then at 8pm they sent the maintenance worker and housekeeper to clean around us it took 1 hour. I asked them to vacuum as well as the dust was so thick I didn't trust the cleanliness of the carpet. The next day I wanted to boil water for macaroni and 1 pot had white mold the other 1" or more of stagnant water in it. It took 30+ minutes for them to get the maintenance to open the kitchen to get me a clean pot. This time they were teflon one heavily scratched. I choose not to eat teflon with my food so I had to use the smaller pot and prepare less macaroni than I intended. The bottom of the stovetop was severely rusted and disgusting. It delayed our dinner and placed an inordinate amount of stress on me to get dinner for our family on time as our daughter had to be at work at a specific time.

My husband was in charge of grilling the meat and the utensils that were at the grill were laden with 2+" of dried on gunk from the previous user. When my husband brought these to the front desk and requested clean cooking utensils for the grill, he was told to clean them himself When he refused the only utensil the front desk could supply was one tong used for breakfast service. Fortunately we were only grilling sausage and it sufficed. Also a grill brush to clean the residue from the last user which we had to clean the disgusting grill.

I washed the dishes before we used them and there was dried on food which I had to scrub off with scalding water. The silverware was stained, the colander had dried on food on it. The piece de resistance when I chose to wash everything by hand and use the dishwasher as a drainboard I noticed white particles the size of my thumbnail moving around in the bottom of the dishwasher quite disgusting. I'm assuming the disposal back upped into the dishwasher. I notice when we first arrived the heat coming from the dishwasher when I opened it, it was empty. Upon reflection I think the housekeeping emptied it before the full cycle hence the filthy dishes and silverware.

It came to the point that I was embarassed to complain anymore. It drew me to tears at midnight at the front desk. It is impossible for them to maintain a clean sanitary property. I had dishpan hands from two days there.

My husband wanted to use the pool and/ or hot tub and my feelings were that we need to purchase test strips to test the water as this hotel is untrustworthy when it comes to sanitation and cleanness. I certainly wasn't going into their water.

The upside is because the experience was so horrific I began looking at other properties in the area. I only looked at dog friendly as we have two dogs we are traveling with so I can't comment on Hampton Inn and others which don't allow dogs. I chose the Mariott on the other side on State Rd. 9 and it has exceeded my expectations. It may be an older property and the furniture in some rooms "shabby" but the cleanliness is 5 star. I must have marveled at the silverware drawer 5 times a day for the past two days as sparkling. I didn't have to clean anything before using it. The grilling utensils were clean and brand new. I didn't want to stay here because it is two flights up and I'm used to one level for the past 35 years but each step up is worth the cleanliness. The space is huge. The kitchen has a full oven. EVERYTHING IS CLEAN AS A WHISTSLE. And to top it off they offer a great breakfast and have guest socials in the evening with free wine, beer and food. I can't express how appreciative I am to have a large suite to stay in that is so clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple