HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
$110
Courtyard
$118
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
$117
GardenInn.com
$95
$154
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$169
All reviewsomelette stationone bedroom suiteomelet barmade to order omeletsfull kitchennice hotelfamily weddingfree breakfasta great place to stayindoor poolexcellent stayexcellent breakfasthot breakfasthot tubfront desk staffenjoyed my staybusiness center
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First of all, I will preface this review knowing that we stayed here for a wedding during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and people were more on edge and the hotels more full than normal.

Now, we booked 2 rooms 3 months in advance for my brother's wedding in Poughkeepsie. This hotel tells you it is in Fishkill/Poughkeepsie, but it is actually 12 miles (almost 30 minutes) down a very very busy heavy traffic filled Rt 9 from Poughkeepsie. So if you book this hotel be aware.

Arrived (about 10 PM) to a very unprofessional front desk person. She looked unkept and had her dress shirt untucked and wrinkled. She was barely polite and gave us a handicapped room (we are not handicapped) right next to the bar/breakfast kitchen. I immediately could hear everything that was going on in the kitchen when I entered the room and asked politely if we could switch. She acted really annoyed and told us they were full because of the hurricane. I went back and tried to endure it for 30 more minutes, but the wall actually shook when they were doing something with dishes in the kitchen. I went back out and met a very well dressed young man at the front desk that was very polite and told us he would be happy to switch us to the 4th floor. What happened in 30 minutes? Some people just don't want to be a help I guess.

2nd thing- I specifically asked if my Grandmother's reservation was ok and was told yes, they were expecting her the next day. When she arrived (I was not there) she was rudely told that they were now overbooked and she would have to drive 12 miles!!!! down the road to another hotel. My grandmother is 80 and she does not do well with directions and things like that. She was soooo upset when she was calling me. I think it is absolutely unacceptable that a hotel would do that to customers that had a confirmed reservation especially elderly customers that begged not to be moved. For that reason I do not recommend this property even though that other things about the property were fine.

One other thing- Across the street from Wal-mart, the entrance to this hotel is difficult to get into.

Room Tip: do not take a room near the lobby on the first floor, especially 130.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

You can't beat it for the money. New, clean hotel with nice amenities in a great location. We stayed in your basic room which was fine for the two of us - flatscreen TV, fridge, nice and clean!

We tried to reserve for a last-minute second night but they were sold out. Would most definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here three nights while on vacation. Good location to get to lots of places. We went to Bethel Woods, Woodstock and the FDR Estate from here. No more than an hour drive for any. Lots of places to eat and shop around the hotel. Would highly recommend this Hyatt!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight on the way to Manhattan. Overall, it's a nice hotel. Room is equipped with flat screen TV, a refrigirator and a microwave. Everything seems pretty updated. There was a hot complimentary breakfast which was really nice. Parking is free. Overall, good value for your money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am partial to Hyatt, but did not know what to expect from a Hyatt House. It is a hotel for overnight or extended stays. We got a one bedroom suite because we were exhausted and wanted two televisions without fussing over the remote or keeping one of us up.

The living room furniture is not high end like regular Hyatts, but is certainly adequate. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and toiletries were very nice. I typically stay in a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express when driving through the Poughkeepsie/Fishkill area, but the Hyatt House may have won me over. It is a better value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business