“Food is good. They just need to fix the smell.”
Review of Friendly's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Yes, this restaurant has a pretty bad smell, like mold. (It seems worse on the right side so we try to sit on the left). Despite the smell we come here fairly often because it is a great value, and the food is reliably good. The All American burger is among the best I've had; the salads are also consistently good and fresh. The wait staff is indeed friendly, and they are most accommodating with special requests like extra salad dressing or more onions on the burger. I'm always impressed by wait staff who do not write anything down yet get it all correct, even with special requests. It is understandable that so many people bring their kids here because they can feed a whole family for relatively little. Just be prepared for a very noisy atmosphere. The place is quite small and since most parents don't seem to reign in their active children ("Inside Voices"), it can be quite an ordeal.

1  Thank Sundancekid330

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Visited Thurs. 6-28-12. It smelled so bad & just looked dirty. I could not think of ordering or eating anything there. My daughter really wanted to stay, since we were already there. She is six so not really seeing it as gross as I did. I let her order I did not get anything . she had chicken fingers & mac & cheese. The next day mid- morning Fri.she started vomiting w/ no other symptoms, Sat. still vomiting. Coincidence I don't think so. They are just that filthy, I really think it made her sick. I will never give them another chance. They were dirty before, we did'nt go for a long time & tried it again this time & was the worst dinning experience, i've ever had. They should be shut down.

1  Thank D C
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Good food - friendly (pun intended) staff, Excellent value.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Friendly's is Friendly's... Good ice cream, old and young kids alike enjoy the stop. (Not too fond of the meal offerings - stick to the dessert).

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We waited about 10 minutes for a table. Had burgers and ginger chicken sauté. Service was great. We received refills on sodas promptly. Food was good. The chicken fingers served on sticks were popular with children and I can see why there were so many families with younger children here. The prices are very reasonable and food good with great service. The dessert was banana royal, made perfectly. I'd go back.