“locanda was excellent!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently drove through the quaint little village of Fishkill with my girlfriend and was looking for a place to eat. My eyes were immediately drawn to the beautiful dark stained, wood trimmed exterior of Locanda. Peering in the window, observing the interaction between the staff and customers, I knew this was the place for us. Walking in, I was greeted by the owner, who recommended a table by window that just opened up. We sat down, enjoyed soft music in the background along with the hustle of a busy restaurant. To start off, we shared a Caprese Salad. The tomatoes and mozzarella were so fresh. We asked if they would put a little proscuitto in with the T & M, which melted in our mouths. We ordered our dinners and shared a bottle of wine as we waited for our entrees. The salads came first. The vegetables were fresh and the balsamic dressing (recommended by the waitress) was outstanding. They should BOTTLE IT!. Then, right on time, our entrees arrived. I ordered the Tortellini Alla Panna, my girlfriend ordered the Lobster Ravioli's. OMG!!!! They were both so delicious. The sauces were creamy and flavorful, my Alla Panna came with chunks of chopped proscuito mixed in. Her ravioli's were outstanding also. The only issue we had was the portions were so large and yummy, we had no room for dessert!!! LOL.
I highly recommend a visit and was shocked when I read a few of the reviews below. I didn't get that impression at all when we visited Locanda!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Not sure why the negative comments. The place is quaint, the food was good, the service was OK. Salads, as mentioned, are a bit sparse, but the Chicken Sorrentini and the Locanda Special Chicken were both great. Garlic roils are good too.

Iced tea tasted like premade, but was OK

Prices are not cheap, but not crazy either

1  Thank geeper
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Food is mediocre. Service is slow and unenthusiastic. Owner is obnoxious. I would not recommend this place. Don't be fooled by the pretty location and decor...

2  Thank T D
Reviewed August 6, 2012

i live in fishkill and as a single guy this was one of the places i would like to take a date out to eat when i want to eat at a nicer romantic place. sorry to say over the past 3 years this place has gone down hill. the quality of the food as well as the taste is not as good as it once was. last time i was there i was sitting a little towards the back near the kitchen and there were flies all over the place. we had to keep swating them from our plates. of course one wound up in my plate of pasta towards the end. i could not wait to get out. very sad. this was one of the better places at one time but it seems go be going in the wrong direction looks like the oener is getting burned out

3  Thank james u
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The food was good. We had lobster ravioli, chicken marsala, salmon, and eggplant. The service was slow, and there was no A/C, so we were anxious to leave as it was a hot night.