“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
La Palma, California
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visit Fishkill a couple times a year on business to visit the nearby IBM facility, and this has become my favorite place to stay in the area. It is your typical Hilton Garden Inn experience with a courteous, professional staff. Everything was clean and modern and the room was quite comfortable. If you've ever stayed in a Garden Inn before you know pretty much what to expect as there is very little variation between the properties. This one seems to be relatively new, or at least is very well maintained to have that "like new" look and feel.

The hotel is located next to a small retail area with a movie theater and a variety of restaurants, so there are a few good places to eat within easy walking distance if you don't want to partake of the limited hotel food. Breakfast is not included unless you are HHonors Gold or above. I am, and it was quite cold outside during my visit so I chose to eat breakfast in. It's nothing spectacular and you can perhaps argue that it's a bit high priced for what it is ($12 or so for friut, pastries, and made to order hot items such as pancakes and french toast), but it's convenient and perfectly adequate. There are a couple diners across the street if you prefer to go out for breakfast.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Fishkill.

1 Thank jandrfas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Greensboro, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel provides great value. The staff is friendly and the access is easy. Everything works well. They want 200 characters. I don't know what it takes to get to 200 characters. Am I there yet? Still not. OK well here's some more characters.

Miller Place, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

From the moment we walked in until the moment we left we had an enjoyable stay. The lobby was very lovely and inviting. While our room was being cleaned, the second day we were there, my husband and I sat in the lobby reading and had a cup of tea. (The couches were very comfortable.) Usually my husband doesn't use the exercise room, but this time he gave it a go. He was very impressed with the equipment and amenities from the water cooler, towels and individual ear bud packages. I would also like to comment on the gentleman Ryan that was at the front desk. He was extremely pleasant and helpful to everyone that was checking in. He was even patient with a little boy that needed help connecting to the internet and printing pages of a book that he was reading. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked rooms for our son's graduation in May.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

White Plains, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I decided to go away for the long President's Day Weekend to the Hilton Garden Inn in Fishkill NY. My stay was relaxing and very enjoyable. I particularly utilized and enjoyed the hot tub and indoor pool, which are open 7 days per week, unlike other places I called. The breakfast was great and included in my package. The room was clean and comfortable. The Inn is centrally located to restaurants, a large cinema and shopping. All in all, a fun weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Pismo Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We've stayed at two other hotels during our visits to Fishkill. One was Extended Stay America on Merritt Blvd. We stayed there for one night and checked out. We would not recommend that hotel. Holiday Inn Express was nice, but we preferred the Hilton Garden Inn. We definitely liked the breakfast better and the lobby and fitness center was a bit better than Holiday Inn Express. We now know where we will stay on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Cliff G N
penfield, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is very nice hotel with unexpected amenities including coffee, cookies and spa water on arrival in the inviting and comfortable lobby. The staff were very friendly and helpful on local restaurants and where to shop for convenience items. We used the pool and the fitness center and both were well maintained and very clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Sparta, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am a sales manager for a Fortune 500 company that has been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fishkill, NY about twice a month for the last three years. I also conduct quarterly meetings in the conference room. Recently they went through a renovation in the lobby and the conference room. During the renovation (December/January) the staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. They would frequently go out of their way to ask if I needed anything and were apologizing for the inconvenience. The renovation is now complete and the hotel looks great! I was the first group to use the conference room. The upgrades in the room and in the lobby are fantastic. I have been staying at this hotel and having meetings there for a good reason. The staff is outstanding! Always make you feel at home and are so friendly. The hotel is very clean (even before the renovation). Krista, the Director of Sales, does a great job making sure your event is to your liking. Excellent follow up and extremely polite and friendly. This goes for the whole staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and meeting room to anyone. I will continue to go here! Great job with the renovation!