“A Good Hotel Overall”

Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed here before and not had any problems. This time around though, I did not receive the wake up call that I had scheduled at check in. Luckily, I know to always set my alarm just in case. Overall this is a nice hotel with clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 20, 2013

There was a large group of us coming from all over the U.S.A. to attend a wedding and we all stayed at the Fishkill hotel. We all had a great experience at this hotel, the staff went out of their way to help us with any request and were all so nice. The breakfast is not included in the price of the room, but there are other restaurants close by and plenty of options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is probably our 7th or 8th time staying at the Hilton Garden Fishkill. As other reviewers have noted the staff treat you like family. Gloria, one of the servers in the restaurant goes out of her way to make sure that our grandchildren (who eat free with an adult meal making the $9.99 buffet breakfast a real bargain) get everything they need. And the front desk staff bake the best cookies every evening! The facility is immaculate, the rooms clean and comfortable, great shower. The pool warm and great hot tub. The bed was comfortable and the duvet adds a great touch. For those of us who travel on business - the desk, extra outlets, fast internet service, contoured ergonimic chair and completely equipped business center with high speed printer and copier service will make your time away from home much more productive. There are many nearby restaurants that are within walking distance including Red Lion Diner, Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, to name just a few.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and staff! With so many other lodging options in Fishkill, I'm so glad you've chosen to stay with us multiple times. Always feel free to contact me directly if there's anything you need in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A good clean and comfortable hotel. Reasonably priced for the type of hotel it is. This was our second stay here and would stay again, it is near where we visit our relatives. The bed is good and the proximity to restaurants and shops is very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love to travel, and this was a very nice and clean hotel with very nice staff. I would stay here again. I worked out in the fitness area and swam in the pool during my stay. There is a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant right out side and a Walmart and Cracker Barrel down the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you need to choose from a hotel in this area, most definitely go with the Hilton! All of the employees are extremely hospitable and ensure that you have a pleasant stay. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Very pleased with this experience!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is tucked away behind other buildings and is not marked by a sign on the main highway. If it had been we would not have driven past it twice.

The hotel staff was courteous and very pleasant. Very clean!

I reserved three rooms. We arrived approximately 3:30pm. Two out of three were ready. The other one was not. We were led to believe it would be ready in just a few minutes. After an hour we called the front desk and it still was not ready. Took a walk down to the front desk and it was finally ready. This delay caused us to have to make other arrangements for appointments we had that afternoon. We were told they had sold out the previous night and that was the reason for the delay. Sorry, as a customer that is not my concern. Hire more staff if rooms cannot be ready at the appointed time. I am sure if I stayed beyond checkout time I would be expected to pay. Nothing was offered to make up for the inconvenience.

Also, since I reserved all three rooms at the same time, I would expect that common sense would have it that all would be on the same floor. In our case, each room was on a different floor.

Room Tip: Follow-up your reservation with a call if you want rooms on the same floor.