“Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill great hotel but a bit too much noise from the highway”

Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great hotel and location. Just be ready for the hum of the cars going by all the time as it is near the highway and on a major road. Breakfast is great but the staff servers are lacking common manners. I guess it is the east coast and they are downright rude. Room was clean and bathroom was great.

Room Tip: Make sure you get to breakfast at least an hour before it closes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed at HGI's before but this experience was disappointing. I was told that the floor I was on was a non-smoking room but as soon as we got off the elevator we could tell that people had indeed been smoking up there. I reported this to the desk clerk and he did have someone spray the area with air freshener. The next disappointment was the next morning. I went down early for coffee and the hostess encouraged me to try some crumb cake. I don't eat much "junk" food but brought it back to room to share with my friend. We tasted it as it was deemed to be a specialty of the area but it was mostly flour and sugar with no redeeming flavor. There was a buffet in same area so we decided to have some fruit and oatmeal before leaving. After getting our plates filled a hostess came to us and told us we'd need to pay $9.99 for our breakfast. I was totally surprised. I didn't see a sign indicating this and was more than surprised that for $150.00 you didn't get a complimentary breakfast. Really??? A few days before we'd stayed at the Windham in Lake George where they served a lovely breakfast buffet and the room was less than the HGI! The week before we'd even stayed at a Best Western in PA for half the room price and they too offered a varied and hearty breakfast. The hostess told me we could go to the front desk and they might give us a complimentary ticket for breakfast. No, I’d given them $150 the night before, I wasn’t going to ask for anything. And for sure, I won’t be staying at any Hilton again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dunn2
Chris R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience staying with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate smoke smell in the corridor on your floor; our housekeeping team works hard to ensure a clean and fresh room for every guest and I regret this was not your experience. I’m sorry to hear that our breakfast buffet was not the quality expected and we are taking your recommendations on our offerings and pricing to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again.

Thank you.

Chris Roganski
Fishkill
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This Hilton facility is a class act. We used our Hilton Honors Amex to reserve three rooms for friends visiting us for the weekend. Everyone was unusually positive about the comfort of the rooms, particularly the beds. The lobby is luxurious and the on-site cafe is excellent and generous.

If you need a place to sleep over in the mid-Hudson valley just off Route 9, you can't do better than this facility!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A Hilton Garden Inn has always been a great choice. Reasonable price, super clean, staff helpful and friendly and the breakfast is fantastic. I appreciate the free coffee in the lobby and free wifi. I've stayed at plent of hotels for twice the price that didn't include that. Would definately return and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you happen to be in the area, this is a good hotel choice. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed in particular was very comfortable and the room had everything you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn including mini fridge, flat screen TV, coffee selection, etc. I didn't take advantage of many of the hotel amenities so I cannot offer too much advice however the hotel is in a business center so there are a ton of hotels around it as well as restaurants (Ruby Tuesday, diner, Cracker Barrel, etc.).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

As a member of a committee for a non-profit gardening group, I recently arranged a bus trip from Ontario, Canada for 56 people, and we stayed at this hotel for four nights and had 30 rooms. There are not enough kind words to say about the staff, the hotel and the accommodations. I worked with Krista, Director of Sales at this hotel and she was totally amazing - prompt with responses to inquiries, extremely pleasant and efficient. Special mention to Ryan at the front desk - over the top customer service. Gloria from breakfast service even boarded the bus each morning to wish us a great day with our garden touring and sightseeing. We definitely will use this Hilton should we return to the area. Theatres and restaurants nearby - very convenient. Hot tub, pool and exercise room were wonderful.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there is a poor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Needed somewhere to stay for the night to just get a good night's sleep without any hassle. This place got the good reviews and despite a few nearby cheaper options we choose here as the cost difference was very small. Pleased we made that choice as everything was good. No it's not a luxury hotel but clean and very comfortable rooms and a good breakfast. Efficient and courteous staff and good stay.

Room Tip: Get a king room if you can.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple