“Great food; worth a visit”

Farm to Table Bistro
Ranked #18 of 92 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York
“Great food; worth a visit”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The FT Bistro was very good. We started with a plate of pate and foie gras, enjoyed short ribs and steak, and finished with a chocolate mousse cake. All paired with some lovely wine off the extensive and affordable wine list. Good ambiance as well, and attentive service. My only complaint/suggestion is that the menu tell us where the food is from. That's one of the reasons we went, and our server didn't know when asked (he did go find out, but had no details about the local farms). Overall, very good experience.

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My family and I had a great meal here. This was a mid-week visit so it seemed like a lot less traffic than it is used to. The meal was perfect. My family also had great meals as well. The staff was very attentive making the service spectacular. We ordered dessert which was good too. There was some micro-brews on the menu which looked appealing however due to health reasons I could not partake. Like the name it is local/organic trend type of restaurant. It is tucked away in a plaza making the location not very scenic. They have however made the inside atmosphere appealing. Overall I would repeat!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank RhodyPhotographer
new york
“Disappointing dinner”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This was our second visit to Farm to Table Bistro. Our first experience was positive so we thought it would be great to go there again. We were really disappointed this time and will not be going back. My husband ordered the chicken soup which was quite tasty but he was unable to eat it since it was full of small bones! His duck pizza was tasteless and the flatbread it was on was soggy. My entree was a special that evening - beef stew. It was basically roasted turnips in a scant amount of sauce with some beef. The beef was tough and I noticed that the couple dining next to us had the same item and my portion was approximately 1/3 the size of theirs. My stew didn't even cover half the bottom of the bowl it was served in. The wait staff seemed disorganized - a waiter came over to us when we were half way through our meal and introduced himself and said that he would be "taking care of us" that evening. I sent an email to the restaurant the next day to let the manager know about our experience and have not received a reply.

• Visited February 2012
Hudson Valley
“Farm to Table = Farm to Funeral”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have eaten here twice since its opening and both times we were very disappointed on so many levels. This is supposed to be an upscale restaurant, but when you enter, there never is anyone stationed at the reception desk to greet you. When you get lucky, a waiter will see you standing there and finally seat you. The restaurant owners are always sitting at the bar drinking and watching the huge TV...Farm to Table...Perhaps TV Dinners!
The menu is all over the place with selections that are poorly executed at best. Hard to believe the chef has tasted the salad dressing ...you will choke on the vinegar and the salad is not organic like most of what is served. Guess the farm was closed that day.
The main dining room is a large square box, divided by heavy curtains...no flowers. candles and very cold...like a funeral parlor. The piped in music is so loud and the kids next to us were screaming...well you get the picture. So many great restaurants in Beacon and Cold Spring....take the trip to these great towns.

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank HudsonValleyKewpie
Fishkill
“Great!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I actually tried to review this new restaurant right after we visited it so that I could laud the excellent lunch and dinners I enjoyed there. The restaurant wasn't listed then so I am glad to see it now is. Nice menu and the variety of dishes we tried including the Salmon were excellent. Service was a little slow so give yourself time. But, the atmosphere was very nice and the service was polite and friendly as well. A great asset to the Town of Fishkill!

• Visited October 2011