“Small but Fun Water Park”

SplashDown Beach Water Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Fishkill
More attraction details
Owner description: SplashDown Beach, America's Biggest Little Water Park, is located in Fishkill, New York, just 60 minutes from New York City. New in 2015, the Arctic Mammoth Family Raft Ride is a 5-person raft ride down six stories of twists, back-to-back curves and vortex loops. Thrill seekers will experience an adrenaline rush on Arctic Plunge Racer, a 5-story mat racer that launches riders into a head-to-head drag race to the bottom, flying over vertical curve humps and gaining even more speed before landing at the finish line. Humunga Half-Pipe is New York's only 4-story zero gravity half-pipe, and everyone is sure to make a splash with the Bullet Bowl, Monster Wave Pool, Croc Creek Lazy River, Coconut Pool, and Rock Beach. Little ones will love Splash Works with over 50 interactive water features, a Water Whirler. Boasting the best food in the water park business, SplashDown Beach offers hungry swimmers selections like Cosimo's Pizza on the Boardwalk, Cosimo's Shipwreck Grill & Café, Iggy's Fresh Mex, The Waffle Hut and Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs. Birthday parties, corporate picnics, family reunions and groups are welcome and private catering is available. Open daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 30, 2012

SplashDown Beach Water Park is less than a two-hour drive from the city with beautiful mountains to see as you make this drive. Although the park is small compared to other parks, it's more reasonably priced and better suited for younger children. There are several water rides which are daring but not too scary. The lines aren't too bad, the park very clean, the lockers and changing rooms fine and the crowd is above average. If you want a small water park which is affordable with a $3 coupon on their website to print, a place where the kids can have "some" independence and a fun day for all ages, this might be a great place for you.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My sister and I took our 8 year old brother and 10 year old sister here last week and we won'y go back! The lifeguards were so rude to the kids. They were constantly blowing their whistles and yelling ay each and every kid to get out of the water. I could understand if they were slow and fooling around because it is their job to assure no one gets hurt BUT they would yell right away as soon as they hit the water and took their first breath! The kids actually said they don't want to go back ever again!!! It is ashame because this park has potential to be a great place for kids because it seems clean. The food is way over priced and is kept under a hot lamp to stay warm. The prezles are hard as rocks and the fries and ck were cold and the kids were not happy. The lifeguards I noticed were also talking to parents like they were 5 or something! All the lifeguards were teenagers and didn't have and customer service skills at all! I am very disappointed..I even spoke to a so called supervisor and she was just as young as the lifeguards! The owner would be smart to hire some caring and kid friendly lifeguards. They need to do some serious training.

5  Thank Ashleyk2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a nice place to go with kids but the price makes it hard to go more than once a season. The areas are nice but some attention could go to the upkeep of the facilities. It is different for the area so it is a nice change. Seating is hard to get, they fill up quickly so you are the forced to carry your belongings everywhere with you. When it is busy the lines are very long and the wave pool is very crowded.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place was great. We have 4.5 and 3.5 yo girls, and they loved it. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the lifeguards seemed to take their jobs seriously. Everything looked well maintained. It had a lot of things for my little kids, and by the end, they were going down the big slides with us. Even though there were lots of camps there, it didn't seem too crowded or hard to keep track of the kids. It was a really fun 7 hours; We'll be back next summer!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son-in-law and I took my two oldest grandchildren (girl 7.5 yrs old, boy 9.5 yrs old) to this water park last week and spent a wonderful 6 hour day there. We went on EVERY ride a number of times. I was delighted to find that the rides are exhilarating, but not too fast.

It is a small park, but that was one of its attractions; I could not have done more walking. It is clean, and the cabana made for a great place to eat and relax in the shade. Ours was not on the beach, which I preferred, because it was a bit more secluded. Jessica was our waitress, and she was terrific. She was able to put our order right in, and we never had to wait on line for food. We got there shortly after 10, and I gather that there are nine left if you arrive later.

Do not miss the Humunga Half-Pipe and the Bullet Bowl if you like thrills. They were my favorites. My granddaughter and I also loved the Lazy River. We did it many times, with and without the tubes.

The food was better than I expected from the reviews. I had a garden salad with grilled chicken, which was a great healthy choice. The kids loved Nathan's offerings best. It is costly though, so next time I would pack a picnic lunch and eat it outside the park. We brought lots of water bottles in with us, and that satisfied our thirst.

My only negative is that it is expensive. My son-in-law said it amounted to a $300 day, because of all the food, meals and snacks, the kids ate. However, speaking to people on line, I was told that the larger parks are twice as expensive to get into, and if you bring your lunch you will save a ton.

We traveled about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from Southern CT (Rowayton), and I would say it was totally worth it. The cost does prohibit more than one visit a summer, but I would love to go again next year.