“Nice lunch”

Eleven 11
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
york, pa
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on a weekday. We were pleased with our server, the wine and beer selections and the food. I had the spinach and fruit salad with chicken on top. Chicken was nice and moist. My husband had the BLT wrap with sweet potato fries. Good wrap and the fried were delightful, just the right amount of crispness.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
“Wasn' t expecting anything great and it met my expectations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

So we hit Fishkill's restaurant row for an early dinner around 6pm on a sunday night. I do have to mention on their defense it was Memorial day weekend which could be a major factor for the less then adequate service.
Although it was a holiday weekend they were fairly busy, probably unexpected due to the one waitress working the dining room alone. I totally understand the situation she was in and know she was trying her best to keep up. On the other hand, there was a hostess whos job is to greet,seat and watch over dining room and help out whenever she can. We waited at the hostess station for a few minutes before she came out of the back or wherever she was hiding to seat us. She then returned with water and was MIA again until another couple waited in front for 5 minutes at hostess station.
We ordered a beer and a glass of wine.
The waitress then came back 5 minutes later and took our orders.
We ordered wings and lobster bisque as appetizers. For dinner we just went with the "eleven 11" burgers.
After about 10 minutes we got our drinks and our apps followed a good 25 minutes later. Wings were good and bisque was just ok. The bisque had too much tomato in it. It should have had a little bit more of a creamy texture and needed a pinch of salt.
Took a long time for burgers to come out. When they did arrive they looked big and tasty. The roll was a little more dense then i would like but fresh. The burger was good but very dense. We both could only eat half. And thats coming from somebody who could eat the bark off a tree! Oh and when she gave us the burgers she asked if we needed ketchup, we replied "yes please" then she walked away and we didnt get ketchup until the table next to us offered us theirs. She never did come back with ketchup nor did she realize that we had acquired some on our own. All the while where was the HOSTESS ??? Was she nursing a Rob Roy in the back somewhere? She was completely useless to the other staff.
Anyway. I had a beer and a burger that was just ok. The food was much better when it was the North Street Grill in the early years. Food was just ok and lets just chalk up the service to not being prepared for a holiday weekend that they probably thought would be slow so they understaffed.
My first choice was Il Barilotto but they were closed. : D

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jrhodes327
Medford, New York
“Good dinner!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife son and I went here for dinner. Overall I would say it was very good..I ordered the lobster mac and cheese that was really good a bit pricey for mac and cheese but it did have lobster in it so....My wife had a salad that she said was really good and my son had the pizza that he enjoyed. The service was very good and prompt I would definitely return when I am back in town.

• Visited May 2013
Media, Pennsylvania
“Good Beer Selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I didn't get out much during a jaunt to Fishkill but I'm pretty sure Eleven 11 Grille and Spirits has the best beer selection around. 16 taps with no macros--unless you count Yuengling Lager and a Boston Beer seasonal. I enjoyed a Blue Point Winter Ale and an Old Speckled Hen during my visit. The restaurant and bar are very cozy. The building interior seems to take advantage of its old bones, featuring brick walls, hardwood floors and a painted wood ceiling.

The average score came from the food which didn't meet expectations. I visited on a Sunday evening. Not too long after I settled in at the bar, a goodly number of wake-goers poured in. I'm pretty sure that the food prep wasn't affected by the rush, but service was, I'm giving the bartender a pass since she was clearly outnumbered by guests and was busier than a one-armed paper-hanger wrangling drink and food orders.

I ordered the Buffalo chicken wings for an appetizer. The "Buffalo" label is something of a misnomer as their wings are not the fried and saucy norm. Eleven 11's version seemed to be baked, maybe with a marinade for flavor. The bartender was far too preoccupied for me to quiz her about their making. I asked for the hot variety and found them to be mild. Not sure if this was a kitchen foul-up or just a peculiar notion about what "hot" is. Someone hankering for Buffalo wings is probably in for an unpleasant surprise. They weren't horrible, just a letdown.

I ordered the Tostada Salad for my entree. This was a bit of an oddball, too. The salad came enclosed in a corn shell. The top of this shell had a 3" X 5" opening. Sitting below this small access hatch were toppings of guacamole, salsa, black beans and sour cream. This topping layer served as a roof over the salad bits below rendering them safe from any rain of the dressing that came on the side. To eat the salad in a normal fashion, I found it necessary to demolish the corn shell--which was not at all tasty--and mix things up.

I will not say that the food at Eleven 11 was bad. I think I chose poorly. I saw many other plates pass by my perch that looked pretty good. I would definitely return to Eleven 11 should business bring me back to Fishkill. The beer selection would guarantee that. Perhaps had I opted for some other menu items I could have pegged this place as "very good." For my sole stop there, the "average" is fair.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Keymcgrip
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing very impressive here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Eleven11 is about as average as you can get. It offers a limited variety of entrees, and the quality of the food is generally good, but not great. The service is routine and perfunctory. Probably the best feature is the wide selection of domestic and imported beers.

Visited August 2012