“Great Best in town”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Always has had great food and location in a small village adds to the charm. Always fresh and intimate Specials are good choices. Always try to make a point of stopping here for a meal while in town.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I go to Fishkill a few times a year for buisness. I eat here at least once everytime I go. This place is amazing. Every meal I have had here rocked my world. Everyone I took here loved it. People say things like "one of the best meals I have ever had...".

This is a profesionally run restaruant. They know what they are doing and they take no short cuts. If you want to impress someone, this is the place to take them. If they don't like it, ditch them. When I am alone, I eat at the bar. The bartender is amazing, he will take good care of you.

My wife has never been to Fishkill. We recently ate at another high price Italian restaruant. It didn't even begin to compare with II Barilotto. I was extremely upset. I told my wife here, even if we need to drive 5 hours each way and get a hotel. This restaruant is worth it because you leave it knowing you just had an amazing meal.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Owned by the owners of Aroma Osteria. Nice menu & wine list. Good atmosphere & location. Good for date night.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to check out Il Barilotto on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. It was right after a snowfall, so there weren't that many people out in the streets.

When we arrived, we opened the door to find a red, heavy curtain on a circular ring covering the door. Kind of like a shower curtain, but massive and intimidating. I thought the place was closed and had to step around it to see if there were any people. It was kind of awkward. I imagine they have it to block the cold and sun since the windows are big and the door lets in the wind. Still there has to be a more inviting, logical way to do this.

We waited about 7 minutes to be noticed, even though wait staff walked by and looked right at his. The host eventually dropped by to say hi and seat us, but not before answering an incoming phone call. His demeanor was not welcoming or pleasant, in fact he was kind of snobby. And boy, we were lucky enough to be waited by him, too. Not! He took his time and didn't bring our check until much later.

The decor was beautiful and I really liked the feel of the restaurant. It was quite and kind of romantic, but still very cozy.

I had the special of the day, it was a ravioli that was stuffed with cheese and covered in a divine cream with prosciutto shavings about. I really enjoyed it. My boyfriend had the chicken sandwich with mushrooms, though, and he was disgusted. He couldn't finish half the sandwich and the chicken was greasy, the kind of greasy that barely comes off your fingers. When we got home he had a pretty bad stomach ache from the sandwich, we ended up throwing it away instead of eating the leftovers like we normally do.

We really wanted desert, but for $9.50 for gelato, we said no thank you.

Other than that the price was not bad, but for the experience and my boyfriend's reaction, we might give this one more try before officially checking it off our Hudson Valley restaurants list.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

A small noisy restaurant with limited ambiance but great food and service. Was visiting Hyde Park and looked at Trip Advisor for good restaurants and found this gem. Everyone in my group thought the quality of the food was excellent.