“cheap drinks, good service, excellent potato chips!”
Review of Foxy's Restaurant

Foxy's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped off here one afternoon for a couple of drinks while sailing around the Thousand Islands on a houseboat rental. We'd stopped at the marina next door for gas and decided to stay and have a couple of drinks at Foxy's Bar & Restaurant. The restaurant is at the front of the building with the water views, the bar is towards the back of the building. There was also outdoor patio seating, but we chose the air-conditioned indoors as it was really quite hot and there was no shade on the patio. Apparently the bar (and maybe the restaurant too?) have recently been remodeled as a lot of the patrons commented on it when they came in.

Drinks were really cheap, and refills quick if we wanted them. We did! We had a couple of beers each. I had Sam Adams Summer, can't remember what the others had. The bartender was friendly and chatty, the other patrons seemed friendly too. There was even baskets of warm freshly baked potato chips on the bar, these were absolutely delicious and we had a hard job stopping eating them!

The bar area was quite large and modern, restrooms were clean. I'd certainly consider stopping here for drinks again if we happen to do another houseboat rental, I'd also consider eating in the restaurant too.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

food was bland. all the dishes the 6 of us ordered, plus appetizers, were all without seasoning. restaurant had dirty windows. sad, because the view of the water was amazing!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Used to frequent this place when in high school back when the NY state drinking age was 18 and the Foxy's drinking age was whatever you could get away with. The pizza has always been the best in town (it's the only pizza in town). If you want fine dining, you'll need to look elsewhere. This is a very casual place with mainly pub grub for food. Nothing fancy here but it's handy if you're in the area. Saves driving into Clayton or Alexandria Bay or across the bridges into Ontario. You will definitely never mistake Foxy's for the Four Seasons or the Union Square Cafe.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The bar has been remolded and they did a great job! They added more seating and removed the pool table. Both bar tenders (Paul and Estee) never like your drinks go dry they always make you feel welcome!! We had appetizers at the bar, Utica greens and Ahi Tuna. The greens are the best around, the cheese is perfectly cooked, and they just melt in your mouth!! Happy Hour is all drafts and wells, where you will receive the best service!!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have been going to Foxys for years now and have had some ups and downs. Last night was probably the best we have ever had all around. First of all when we walked in we couldn't believe the transformation of the bar area that must of taken place over the winter. I can easily say that Foxys now has the nicest bar in the 1000 islands region. I am very pleased to see the owner make such big changes to a place that seemed fine before but was in desperate need of renovations. The night we were there once very busy and had to wait 15 minutes for our table, we had no problem because we were able to enjoy a glass of wine in the wonderful new bar. We ordered the spicy calamari(one of my favorites) and bruschetta bread which were both perfect. Our dinners were also beyond good. The sauce is top 3 of all time for me. The owner says he is the only one that ever makes it and it seems like that method is paying off. Our service was top notch and the view is to die for. Foxys for me is a place that I visit every time I am at the cottage and if they keep things going in right direction like they are I will be very pleased to keep the tradition alive. Keep up the god work!!

1  Thank nancy j