“CLOSED, now renovated and renamed the Ice Castle”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jumping Jack's Seafood Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jumping Jack's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Seattle, Washington
“CLOSED, now renovated and renamed the Ice Castle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Fortunately, Jumping Jack's has been given a serious facelift and new co-ownership and been renamed The Ice Castle on the Beach. See my review from 8/25/2012

Visited August 2012
1 Thank chrisDTW

Weinheim
“Average Food, Strange Service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

We ate here three times in August 2011 as it does have a fantastic position, probibly the best Cherry Grove sea facing joint. We had cocktails, beers and food. For an outside sea facing bungalow style establishment the quality was adequate (and I did complain my cocktail tasted watery!!) but not outstanding and also on the more expensive side of things. (Coming from Europe and having a good exchange rate - this does not bode well). But the most odd thing was the service. You must eat to sit outside, which is the best spot. The initial come-on from the waiter was borderline flirtatious, okay we are a gay couple with my cousin and his wife, straight naturally, and this carried on during the entire service, until the fateful check had to be paid. There was a slight misunderstanding but this was cleared and and the standard tip was left 15% if I recall. When we returned on our second visit the same waiter virtually tossed us aside, ignored us (made us wait!!) recalling the check mess up and borderline tip being left. Well, I never.... being a little thrown by this performance I was stunned into silence as I was a visitor to the US. I just think that this shallowness and disgusting behaviour is really unnecessary in the service industry. I do realise that this was just one particular waiter, the following day the next waiter was charming and all was forgotten. But I did take the oppourtunity of giving my dagger-like daring looks........all to no avail.

Visited August 2011
Roslyn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the service is horrible.... you'll want to eat at McDonald's instead!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This place has potential... It has a new owner who wants to make a difference. However, he has two servicer s that will make you see red. The waitress who worked my table this past Saturday... 7/30/10... lost our order. Mine you... it was only a party of two and we ordered a fish dinner. She was sarcastic to add fuel to the fire! "Your meal will be there in another 5 minutes," she'd muttered as she attended other guests. She didn't slow down to ask if we wanted more water.... It was the third promise of our dinner coming when I approached the new owner, Joe... who happens to be wonderful... It took his common sense approach to go into kitchen to find out that the order was never placed.... The skinny boney woman waitress quickly walked over and stood by her boss and blurted out a sarcastic fake..."Sorry about that".... The owner/ boss said..."I"m so sorry... please forgive us..." I paid attention only to him.. his apologies felt real. I said to him that I'm sorry too and wished that the service was better.... he seems to want this place to be better. I also said we couldn't waste any more time waiting because my dinner companion is a diabetic and needed to eat something in a timely manner. I only received two glasses of water... claims on the half shell.... very tiny claims... and one wine spritzer . This below average server was ready to take my money without any guilt on her part. It was Joe the owner who said, "Are you kidding? We should be paying you" So how do you rate a place like that? The owner Joe.... 4 stars.... his waitress and waiter who has a ego larger than the Grand Canyon... NO STARS.... You can't miss the waiter.... he acts like a ugly drag queen without makeup. So if you go to Jumping Jack's Seafood Shack ask for Joe the owner and use a calendar to time how long it takes to get your meal... if you get the skinny Anita Bryant waitress and the ugly queen as your servers... remember if u have to go there... only trust Joe to get your food and ask him why does he have horrible people like that working for him. Alonzo

1 Thank alonzo1962
San Francisco, California
“Good food, mixed service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We eat there twice the week we were there. The food was good both times. The waiter the first time was great, but the second time, quite bad. If we had had him the first time, we probably never would have gone back. The steamers, clam chowder and lobster roll, all very good, the snapper and salmon, fine.