The Madison Fire Island Pines
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
  • Pool
All reviewsliving roomnice poolmadisonroofguestsislanddeckmen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My stay here post- season was highlighted by two ample and delicious breakfasts thoughtfully prepared by largo al factotum Luke, who also welcomed me gracefully and took care of my and my friends' needs seamlessly. The location is ideal, just off the harbor, the rooms clean and individualized. I can recommend The Madoson Guesthouse as a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank MusicMatt831
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have just returned from a one-night stay at The Madison and am already looking forward to coming back for a longer stay next year.

Our earlier reservation was spoiled by Hurricane Irene, so I am appreciative that the management allowed us to rebook with no hassles. Staying on a post-season weekend, I think we got an opportunity to appreciate the facilities in much more depth than might otherwise have been the case.

The house is just lovely. The common room is bright and airy and very comfortable both during the day and night. Our room on the second floor was cozy and shared the same tasteful aesthetic as the rest of the house. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.

The heart of the experience, however, was the warm welcome and splendid hospitality provided by the manager, the very friendly and personable Luke. He did a tremendous job making us feel at home, seeing to our every need, and cooked the most splendid breakfast I've had in a long time. The luxurious accommodations would have been relaxing and fun on their own, but Luke's personal touch brought the place to life and made what would have just been an excellent stay and extraordinary one.

Room Tip: Dexter Room B is excellent.
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Not only is Fire Island Pines the most wonderful place to holiday, but The Madison is a stunning B&B at which to base yourself. We took the smallest and cheapest room, which was still spacious enough with a great bathroom and a door straight on to the pool area. It’s a minute from the ferry terminal, and a minute in the other direction to the ocean. Architecturally it’s in line with the stunning wood-and-glass aesthetic of the island. Finally, the key ingredient: Luke, the manager, is the perfect host, friendly, present and a great breakfast master. We will be back.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Staying at the Madison is like being invited to a friend's gorgeous Pines share without having to deal with all the housemate drama. It's expensive, of course, but Fire Island is no place to vacation on a budget. Staffers Luke and Judson are wonderfully friendly and accommodating, if seemingly overworked. (Luke was making breakfast before we woke every morning and was still working after we retired to our room each night. Speaking of breakfast: quite a spread and always delicious.) They may not be able to cater to your every unspoken whim, but if you need anything, just ask.

I spend a few days on Fire Island almost every year. I've stayed in Cherry Grove at the Ice Palace, with the disco downstairs thumping all night, and at the Belvedere, with its run-down and dissolute charms. I won't even consider the Ciel, the cinder-block horror in the Pines. This year I went ahead and sprang for the Madison, and I can't wait to return next summer.

Room Tip: penthouse A: expensive but worth it
1  Thank dbny66
Reviewed August 31, 2011

we had such a relaxing time. Luke the manager is amazing so nice and always making sure you are pampered.
the house is very nice (living room esp.) as well as the pool area and the garden.
just two things are missing for the price: a daily cleaning and a better maintenance through the property (jaccuzi, paints, etc). Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple