“Good Food, Fun Decor and Good Service”
Review of Pine Junction

Pine Junction
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Good Food, Fun Decor and Good Service”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been here before as it is one of the few restaurants in the area. Especially true during the winter months when the others are closed or have limited hours for the season. The food is good and the selection is more than bar food, more like a family restaurant. I ate the Rib Eye and my colleague ate the sirloin. Both were tender and tasty. The wine selection also suited my colleague's palate and they have Yuengling on Tap so I was good. Be it family, business travel or friends getting together I recommend this place.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stopped by for the first time. Service and Food were very good. Construction in progress to expand and appears will be very charming when finished. I just hope the prices don't go up any more because it is a little pricey. Over all good visit.

• Visited November 2013
Fairview, Pa
“Not Bad”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Atmosphere is nice.....rustic, off the beaten path, cozy. Food was average. I had the Little Miss Piggy.....it's a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw and swiss cheese. It was tasty....I've had better though. Fries that came with sandwich were your typical French Fries....nothing special.
Had a Draft "Pumpking" beer. Not bad. I would go there again, mainly for the atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Essex, Connecticut
“Good Find”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We are from out of state and are used to having a variety of really good restaurants around. So driving around these small towns, we were looking for lunch, and I asked around in a store in Finley lake area, and this was recommended. It is set way back from the road, out of the center of town. The food was very good. I had a BBQ brisket sandwich special which was really good, the others had a burger and a pulled chicken sandwich which seemed pretty good. A lot of variety and decent prices. Service was good, not the friendliest. This is a great town to walk around, nice shops, and I would recommend this.

In the Country, NY
“Pine Junction-Just Okay”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The restaurant / bar is in a beautiful setting. Nestled in the woods on the back road in the middle of nowhere, it has a rustic log cabin charm. Right off the county snow mobile trails, they do offer year round dining, bon fires and outdoor grilling and bar.

As someone who lives within 20 miles of the place, we have frequently gone here for drinks, lunches and dinner. Unfortunately our last two visits have left us not wanting to go back. The Menu has a lot of good choices. I had ordered a burger off the menu,($10.99) and asked that no extra sauce be put on it. Our waitress was very disgusted with my request, and more or less told me that the sauce came on it, and that's how it is. Not so country friendly here. So I ordered the way she wanted me to have the burger, my husband ordered wings. (10.99) While the open kitchen is right off the bar, you can see and here your food being made. And so that leads also to the lingering greasy smell, that sadly goes home with you, on your clothes and hair.

Our food was dropped off by our not so friendly waitress, and we ordered another drink. Sigh...we did get the drink, from another worker but we never saw our waitress again, until she dropped the bill off. My burger was okay, not great, and it had plenty of sauce on it, the way the waitress wanted me to have it, the burger itself was dry, and tasteless, I think, all I could taste was the sauce. My husbands' wings were average, but seeing that we were left on our own, I had to go to a neighboring table to get extra napkins, as he only had the one that his silverware was wrapped in. A cup of water would have been nice...
Our waitress returned with our bill, cleared our basket and plate. As I was signing the check, my husband went to the restroom, she then brought our receipt and took away our unfinished drinks. I hadn't noticed.
When my husband returned to the table and asked where his drink had gone, then noticing what happened, we thought that was a rotten way to end our lunch. We quietly left.
Not once did we complain to our waitress, or give her any reason to treat us in such a manner. It was around 2:30 in the afternoon, a quiet day, she was not busy.

Sadly we will not rush back here. The owners of the place are friendly and caring (they were not present this day), we noticed that an addition is also being put on. I hope some improvement will be made.

• Visited September 2013