“Average to poor for my experiance.”
Review of Craftsman Inn

Craftsman Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed September 1, 2013

When I entered the lobby I liked all the wood, the old charm type atmosphere. I had a small room with two double beds, it was comfortable and I was initially pleased. My major disappointment was the cleanliness of the bathroom. This is the place where a hotel must adhere to some strict guidelines. It obvious management misses this room on its checks for cleanliness. I really hate giving bad reviews, but the bathroom did me in on this one and forces me to give a poor rating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Recently stayed for two nights moving daughter into college. The rooms were advertised as spacious and decorated with Stickley furniture. The rooms were anything BUT spacious. Two full beds in a tight room. The Stickley furniture, including the bathroom cabinet, is scratched and worn, and the television was the old tube type in an entertainment center with doors that covered the tv. Needless to say, if you leave the doors open because you fall asleep with the tv on, you WILL walk into them in the middle of the night!

Cleaning service did not come around until 1:30pm, when we were taking a break from moving her in. Although we were okay with that, we ran out of toilet paper! Ridiculous! The cleaning that had been done prior to our arrival was not spectacular. Much hair stuck to the shower walls, etc. Gross! For the price, I was very surprised there were not refrigerators in the room or a free continental breakfast.

Positives: nice area, restaurants and shopping across the road.

Will be returning to the area later this month and will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I used to live in the area and the Craftman Inn was fabulous when first constructed about 7-8 years ago. I returned for a family occasion and needed a conveniently located hotel. This was convenient and I remembered it's charm from before. I was disappointed for sure. The room was dimly lit and very noisy due to the ice machine reverberating through the ceiling from up and across the hall. The shower was a trickle of water and overall the room needed a sprucing up with fresh paint and a thorough cleaning. The morning staff was a bit curt when I complained about the lack of sleep due to the noise, and offered a poorly timed breakfast coupon since I was leaving upon check out. I suppose if you don't expect too much, it would be an okay place for a short visit. It is a bit pricey for its lack of amenities.

Room Tip: Away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Craftman Inn lives up to its name: Attractive craftsman-style furnishings in the public areas as well as is the rooms. It is across the street from a large shopping center with a Panera, UNO, Bonefish Grill, Target, and Tops. There's (thankfully) a Starbucks next store, although they serve coffee in the lobby 24/7. We were there to attend a wedding near by, so we were able to see several rooms. Ours was the biggest by far, with two queen-sized bed; the rooms with king-sized beds were smaller. We had an old-fashioned TV, while another family member had a flat screen. There is a small fitness center (one bike, one elliptical, two treadmills + free weights). There are no refrigerators in the rooms we saw, but there are hair dryers and small coffee machines. All-in-all, we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations and the staff's attention and courtesy.

Room Tip: It's possible that the larger rooms have two beds; ask for one of them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

You can't help but appreciate the charm of this Inn. The positives are the complimentary coffee/tea in lobby. The access to wifi was excellent, strong signal, ease of access.

The negatives were linens and towels that were stained and dingy. In our room there were night stands on either side of the bed, both held lamps. Unfortunately one of the lamps was not plugged in, it wasn't plugged in because there wasn't an outlet near it. I'm not sure why the hotel would not use an extension cord but chose to leave it useless. The outlet near the desk, which also held a lamp didn't work so we were left with minimal lighting and options to charge cell phones.
The walls are paper thin and the gorilla on the second floor was stomping around late into the night and again early in the morning.
While working in the room I had a privacy sign on the door, this did not deter the maid from knocking anyway.

Room Tip: Choose second floor for less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights in this hotel for a wedding during memorial day weekend.

The area this Inn is located is a nice busy area. It is close to Syracuse but far enough away where you are not in a city type of area. It is on a busy road, but this means it is close to any shopping you may want/have to do, close to a Wegmans and most banks and plenty of restaurants.

The rooms were nice although it seems to be a hit or miss after talking with some people. Our room had the standard hotel ammenities such as a fridge and desk to do any kind of work you may have. The bed was very comfortable although a couple of stains on the blanket. It was a dark stain, almost as if something was burnt by the bed. It wasn't a big stain and didn't seem like anything disgusting caused it, so I wasn't to bothered by it. The room also had a mini fridge which was nice, but some other people I talked to didn't have one so it seems like this could be hit or miss.

The bathroom was clean and an average size. The showers however were not great. There was very, very little water pressure so it was a little tough taking a shower in the morning. Also, there was only 1 roll of toliet paper available and it wasn't a new roll so once we were out of that the first night and had to wait for the maid to come to replace.

The lobby of the hotel has a woodsy/cabin feel with a nice fire place in the middle. They provided coffee/tea in the morning. There are also two buildings to the hotel. The main building has the lobby/fitnesscenter/rooms while the building next to it was a restaurant/bar, confernce center and suites. The bar was nice but closes at 12AM and the conference center was a decent size, not to big but could hold about 150 people.

I am not sure if this was because of the holiday weekend (memorial day), but the pricing seemed a bit on the high end for this hotel. But all in all, this was a good place to spend the weekend with plenty of things to do in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RandyMalone, General Manager at Craftsman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a concise overview of our neighborhood and our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed overnight during the weekend of Syracuse University's graduation. I was not expecting any grand hotel or inn, they charged close to $300 for a $120 room!! Way overpriced for these accomodations. Lobby was dirty, hallways smelled musty and were very dark. Would suggest a local bed and breakfast to travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawn M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fayetteville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Craftsman Inn? Share your experiences!