“not that great really”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a party of five adults, with a reservation for 6 pm. They seated us right away, but the room was packed to the rafters with not enough space between seats. Our table was a fourtop which they had pulled out the leaves to make it for a six top but the leaf on my side was slanted.. so I had to hold onto my wine glass to keep it from tipping, or place it far above my place setting. The wait staff came right over for our drink order which came quickly. The shrimp appetizer and corn chowder soup and a salad arrived quickly... Our entrees arrived too soon and the servers just plopped the plates down among the the soup bowls!!! no clearing between courses,, very akward moving the bowls out of the way... I had a "special" Mixed grill of shrimp and scallops with a filet of beef... over priced for two average pieces of shrimp and a scallop that was cut in half.. seriously..cut in half like I wasn't going to notice.. not impressed with the value at all. meat was slightly over cooked. the side of veggies was terrible....for desert we ordered a strawberry shortcake.. which was terrible. no flavor to the whipped cream... the shortbread was undercooked... the wait staff replaced it with a brownie plate.. which was also way undercooked... not a very good showing for this place at all.. I have never been to a Bonefish grill and probably would pass on doing this again.. not worth the price or poor attention to detail.. just like a cattle chute.. get em in and get em out...

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Bonefish is one of my favorite restaurants. They have reasonable prices at happy hour, the wait staff is always pleasant. The food is priced right and very good.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

It is a fave, but more for special iccasions or date night with my wife. Love the food. Bang Bang Shrimp and the crab cakes are awesome. The fish is always cooked perfect and service and atmosphere is great. If you like a more social atmosphere sit on the bar side at one of the raised tables. Friendly staff and customers.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went on a Wed. night…love the $5 Bang Bang Shrimp! It is a nice twist on fried shrimp.
We waited 20 mins for a table @ 1930. That’s a sign of an inefficient restaurant setup.
Prices are higher (for Central NY) since they try to be classy joint, & drink prices are steep.
Bread was good, and they bring you a plate of EVOO w. fresh herbs for dipping. However, def not enough oil. They should take a note from Romano’s here & just leave the bottles out on the tables (along w. the salt & pepper mills).
I had the Fontina Chop & wasn’t very impressed: "a boneless pork chop with Fontina cheese, garlic, prosciutto & mushroom marsala wine sauce." I guess I was expecting a diff taste b/c the garlic & prosciutto were non-existent & I just couldn’t taste the marsala & mushrooms. The pork was grilled (I guess I should have known w. "Grill" being in the restaurant name), but it was overcooked, a little tough, and the char overpowered the whole dish. It’s just not a good flavor meld & very risky to cook properly b/c a) it’s pork, and b) it’s a thick piece. This is the type of dish where the pork (or whatever meat used) should have been baked instead, or breaded, fried, then baked. If it’s a grill, then it should come off the menu.
The service was very good & the atmosphere nice.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the food to be average at best. They try to seat as many people as possible which makes for cramped seating. The canned music was so loud one couldn't carry on a conversation.