“An Elegant Dining Experience”
Review of Arad Evans Inn

Arad Evans Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Housed in an 1840's Federalist-style residence, The Arad Evans Inn provides an unforgettable dining experience. Exceptional choices, enhanced by attentive service attuned to your personal dining mood. The Arad Evans Inn offers dinner nightly in the main dining rooms or a more casual experience in the Bistro area. In addition, multiple private dining rooms are available for parties of two to thirty-two, perfect for business dinners, holiday parties or special gatherings. We also offer full service catering to bring The Arad Evans Inn to your home or business.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The ambiance fits a fine dining establishment, A crackling fire in the waiting/bar area in the winter makes for a cozy experience. The creative food/display makes the experience worthwhile.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went for my birthday, and was excited because I heard that there was a new and excellent chef. Alas, the food was okay, but certainly not what I was expecting. My French onion soup was a little too salty my duck was dry and overlooked (I ordered it medium), and the potatoes that came with it were also too salty. The made-on-premises ice cream that was part of my dessert had a lot of ice crystals in it. (The cake part was excellent). None of these should have been the case, particularly at this price point. The 3 other people I went with had varying responses. Two really liked the red snapper special they enjoyed, but the one who ordered monkfish found it overlooked, while the sides that came with it were underdone. Both the duck NAND monkfish are on the regular menu.... Ambiance was very nice, and service was good, if a bit too "palsy". There are a number of other places in the Syracuse area I would choose for a celebration before returning here again, alas.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

An old mansion now an intimate restaurant. Lots of small rooms for intimate dining and areas for large parties as well. We went with another couple for a holiday celebration when we came to Fayetteville, NY. Our small room had only three tables which made it easy to have a conversation without alot of background noise. The ala carte menu is creatively written and some items can be a bit of a guessing game. The food was cooked to perfection. I had sea scallops with risotto that melted in my mouth. Hubby and I shared a signature dessert, a chocolate tower. The chocolate was devine and the fresh blueberries, blackberries and strawberries in the tower were a pleasant surprise.The service was exceptional. Never an empty water glass. My hubby a little disappointed they ran out of Southern Comfort. I had a delicious bloody mary. Pricey but to be expected with any fine dining experience. Great night out and will do it again next year.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arad Evans Inn in Fayetteville NY is now my favorate place to eat. as the old saying goes: you get what you pay for. this place is not inexpensive and the menue is a la carte, but the food and service is well worth the price. I first took my wife to Arad's for her birthday. I made my reservation a day or so before the date. when we arrived we were met at the door and shown to our private table for two. the atmosphere was very classy and quaint. once seated we were told of the specials and asked if we needed a moment while the waiter got our drinks. I took a few sips of my ice water, looked away and when I turned around my class was full again. I swear, the whole time we were there my water glass stayed cold and water never dropped lower then a half and inch from the top. we had our own private water refiller and this young professional server never waited to be asked, she always refilled my water glass all night long. this to me was fantastic! when the meal came everything was perfect as ordered and the food melted in my mouth. we squeezed in desert,(shouldn't have), that was a culinary delight. the whole evening was special and my wife and I talked about this for days after. a year later we came back to Arad Evans for my wife's birthday. once again everything was perfect. the water filler was truely on her game and the service was top notch. the best thing we ordered was an appetizer called fiddle heads. apparently once a year a white fern grows a fiddle head like top. once harvested and cooked Arad Evan's special way you will not be sorry you tried this dish. as I said this is only available once a year during the spring and we lucked out and were fortunate enough to feast on these little light green beauties! the rest of the evening went as perfect as the first time we went there. this is now why my wife and have decided that the Arad Evans Inn is our favorite resturante. we are planning to eat at this place at least once per year and we might even sneak in an extra visit around christmas to celebrate the coming of a new year. we can't think of a better place with outstanding food and atmosphere to do just that. If anyone is in the area stop by Arad Evans Inn you will be happy you did.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

A little on teh spendy side, a little on the trendy side, but great attention to detail, great food. Creative menu, gives you little extras to make good food that much more a pleasure. Nice place for a quiet dinner for 2, or a special night out to celebrate an event.