“Local favorite that is always reasonable and friendly.”

Kirby's Grill & Taphouse
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American
Description: Kirby's Grill & Taphouse - Fayetteville is a locally-owned and operated All-American steakhouse. We proudly offer great food and service in a friendly and cozy atmosphere. We have been serving quality food at affordable prices for decades and plan on keeping it that way. We've stayed so popular that multiple generations have returned to eat at our restaurant. We only buy high quality products and ingredients to make the best cuisine possible. Our servers are always friendly and attentive, ready to make you feel at home. Some of our most popular dishes include our steak and lobster special, as well as our exquisitely prepared Sirloin steaks. Swing on by and bring the whole family, we know there's something for everyone here!
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We live right near here and have never had a bad meal. The kids especially enjoy it, they have a few more items on the kid menus than other places. There is also a good sized appetizer menu to choose from. Lunch is usually a great deal around $6-$7 a meal. Drinks are reasonably priced, but lean towards the basic wine and beer. All and all not the fanciest of places, so if you are looking for a great steak, etc, this might not be it. If your looking for a roast beef sandwich or a burger, or fried fish then this is the place.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I went on a Friday, day after Valentine's Day to avoid the crowd. It was busy. We were walk-ins so the wait was about 15 mins. Ordered a couple of drinks at the bar from a friendly barmaid. Was seated at the window which was surprisingly NOT cold. Our waitress was Vicki, very friendly and attentive. Warm bread was served, yum!! We ordered the FISH FRY $8.99 each. Came with fries and coleslaw. Acceptable. I found the fish pieces on the thin side. Meal was satisfying. We have eaten here for lunch a few times and recommend their sandwiches. We will return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went recently and had lobster & steak special - it was good. My husband enjoyed his meal (cheesburger & fries). We were more impressed with the service. The waitress was very friendly and our food arrived cooked to order and faster then we anticapated. Overall, we'd probably go again.
I was surprised that the menu was rather limited, steaks and burgers mostly - I would probably suggest that we go for lunch next time.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've eaten here many times and it's their baby back ribs that bring me back. I also like the hot crusty bread that they serve. I've had steaks here, too, and it's dicey--sometimes they are good, others times not so much. Generally they do have good fresh vegetables for those of use who try to avoid fries or baked potatoes for diet reasons.

I have had both very good and abysmally bad service experiences here. It's all in the server you get.

If you're in the mood for ribs, Kirby's is worth a try. If you want a really good steak (and aren't concerned about cost) you're more likely to find it at other places (Scotch & Sirloin comes to mind).

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The greeting as we entered was very pleasant. Our server was also very pleasant. Made the mistake of ordering a steak with blue cheese. This is not a steak house, it was cooked right but hard to chew. I ordered med rare. My wife ordered a kebob. The beef chunks on that were in some cases impossible to chew. Server never returned until we were almost finished. Many other places in the area to choose from so I doubt we will be back.