“They are "4" star for "Syracuse"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Limestone Grille

Limestone Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Limestone Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burdick Street
Transit: Centro bus
Description: The American Arts and Crafts Movement blossomed at the turn of the 20th century on the tree lined streets of peaceful villages in upstate New York. The movement was a personal and architectural revolt against the ornateness of the Victorian style. This Movement sparked a period of design characterized by simplicity, honestly and integrity. Here in Fayetteville, Leopold and John George Stickley created Arts and Crafts furniture using innovative construction techniques which have endured as hallmarks of the Movement. The Craftsman Inn is dedicated to these Craftsman ideals. Look around, the designs that inspire the building, the chairs and tables, the lighting and pictures, all evoke that ideal. Our Limestone Grille was launched in 2008 as the heir to our more stately Craftsman House. The Limestone reflects the 21st century evolution of these concepts as once again a desire for a simpler, truer,more authentic approach becomes prevalent. Our dining room and lounge reflect clean, Mission style design but with warm colors, classic furnishings, and contemporary appointments. Our service staff and bartenders provide friendly yet attentive service, knowledgeable without being presumptuous, helping to create the sense of relaxed comfort we all seem to miss so much of the time. That end result is what inspires us to do the best we can.
Oceanside, NY
“They are "4" star for "Syracuse"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food was just ok...we had the halibut & cod...both tasted as if they were "processed" or "fake" fish...

Visited February 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Limestone Gille with a restaurant.com gift certificate. I was pleasantly surprised by their food. I ordered one of the pasta dishes topped with a filet mignon. It was very good. It was really rich and filling. I ordered the half size, and that was really big, definitely enough for dinner. They had a great wine selections. The bread they brought out was served with three different sauces...one was a tasty butter (I'm not sure what the flavoring was, maybe honey), herbs and olive oil and parmesan cheese.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Syracuse, New York
“*** Terribly Managed ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family went to the Limestone Grille without reservations. We were told by the receptionist that we could be seated at a table in the lounge. At her direction we entered the lounge and sat at one of the unoccupied tables. Additional patrons without reservations came into the lounge after we did and also sat at unoccupied tables. After all of the tables in the lounge were occupied another employee (seemingly the receptionist's supervisor) came to our table and told us we had to give up the table because that table had been reserved. I pointed out that (i) the receptionist has told us to sit there, (ii) that there was no indication (i.e.. sign) that the table had been reserved, and (ii) that other patrons that came after us had taken tables which we would have taken had the receptionist advised us to sit elsewhere we were nevertheless told to get up. The employee was unapologetic and told us to give up the table.

The bottom line is that this embarrassing situation would not have occurred at a better managed restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank otis c
CT
“Awesome dining experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Craftsman while in town for Christmas. We had several meals at the Limestone.

Breakfast is to DIE for. Enormous, delicious omelets, fresh orange juice, over sized slices of toast, and my favorite little jars of jam and marmalade... And a scant $22 bill at the end of the meal! (please bear in mind we live in CT, so while I know this is expensive by Syracuse standards, this is about on par with what we're used to paying for breakfast for two at home... Only we received twice as much food!)

Drinks and apps at the bar were also a lovely experience. I love having an assortment of Saranac and other local favorite beers readily available. We split an order of calamari and I must admit it was astounding. Calamari is very easy to over cook, but this was just perfect! Melt in your mouth tender and served with a house made aioli that was so delicious, we asked for more!

Lunch was equally pleasing. My boyfriend started out with lobster bisque, which was some of the best I have ever tasted. I had the soup de jour- pumpkin bisque, which was delicious in its own right but a little sweet for me to start my meal out with. Though i love that the portion was large enough that I could have eaten just that for my meal and been satisfied. I had a ham and cheese on ciabatta with horseradish sauce (homemade and delicious). There wasn't really enough sauce on my sandwich, so definitely ask for more on the side. My boyfriend had a grilled veggie salad with chicken and fresh mozzarella, and a balsamic glaze - he said it was awesome.

Our server, Connie, was great. Very friendly, attentive and didn't mind our barrage of questions regarding the menu and what she recommended.

I wish we lived closer so we could make frequent visits to the Limestone, but we will have to settle for looking forward to it when we come back! :)

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Great place to have lunch and probably dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had lunch the the Limestone Grill located in Fayetteville in Central New York. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly. The decor is 100% Stickley with clean lines and dark wood. I had the cobb salad and my wife ordered the salmon. The ingredient in the cobb salad were fresh and nicely seasoned. The salmon was prepared nicely and was resting on a bed of sautéed spinach. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was very friendly and clean. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. we did not eat dinner here.

• Visited December 2012