“Great place to have lunch and probably dinner.”
Review of Limestone Grille

Limestone Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Limestone Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burdick Street
Transit: Centro bus
Description: The American Arts and Crafts Movement blossomed at the turn of the 20th century on the tree lined streets of peaceful villages in upstate New York. The movement was a personal and architectural revolt against the ornateness of the Victorian style. This Movement sparked a period of design characterized by simplicity, honestly and integrity. Here in Fayetteville, Leopold and John George Stickley created Arts and Crafts furniture using innovative construction techniques which have endured as hallmarks of the Movement. The Craftsman Inn is dedicated to these Craftsman ideals. Look around, the designs that inspire the building, the chairs and tables, the lighting and pictures, all evoke that ideal. Our Limestone Grille was launched in 2008 as the heir to our more stately Craftsman House. The Limestone reflects the 21st century evolution of these concepts as once again a desire for a simpler, truer,more authentic approach becomes prevalent. Our dining room and lounge reflect clean, Mission style design but with warm colors, classic furnishings, and contemporary appointments. Our service staff and bartenders provide friendly yet attentive service, knowledgeable without being presumptuous, helping to create the sense of relaxed comfort we all seem to miss so much of the time. That end result is what inspires us to do the best we can.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had lunch the the Limestone Grill located in Fayetteville in Central New York. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly. The decor is 100% Stickley with clean lines and dark wood. I had the cobb salad and my wife ordered the salmon. The ingredient in the cobb salad were fresh and nicely seasoned. The salmon was prepared nicely and was resting on a bed of sautéed spinach. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was very friendly and clean. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. we did not eat dinner here.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

To anyone who is even considering patronizing the Limestone Grill, please read my entire review, and STAY AWAY from this place. We ate here this weekend, and would not wish this kind of experience on anyone.
We stopped into the Limestone Grill because we were driving past it as lunch hour was already partly through, and we were a bit hungry. It looked, on first glance, to be an upscale establishment in an upscale neighborhood. (All of Fayetteville is a very nice town.) If we had realized how wrong we were, we would have fled the area without considering a visit.
The Limestone Grill is an attractive-looking place, with an Old World appearance and a welcoming ambiance. That, however, is the ONLY attractive feature we found in this dining establishment.

We waited at the front desk for some time to be seated, as there appeared to be a large group of senior citizens in one group ahead of us. We asked to be seated in the bar area, which was located to the left of the main dining room. Whether that was our "undoing" remains to be determined.

After an above-average delay, we were seated at a nice table in the bar area. We weren't especially hungry, so we ordered a very simple item that would normally be considered as a "before meal" dish, specifically some lobster bisque soup. Nothing else to eat, just the soup! I also ordered a "Virgin Mary" drink, which is a Bloody Mary, but without the alcohol (vodka). This is not difficult to make, although I did ask the waitress if they would stir some extra horseradish into the drink. (I like things a bit spicy.)

The waitress took our order and disappeared. And I mean, she disappeared! We did not see her for another 15-20 minutes, during which we had neither a drink nor anything else. We were beginning to wonder where she was when she finally did appear with my drink. She offered no explanation other than a rather awkward giggle, and to say that she had "forgotten where things were." OK...that was still all right, although the drink was very mediocre, with none of the extra horseradish that I had requested to mix into the drink. (She had said that the Bloody Mary mix drink was "custom-made", with their own spices and mix. Instead, it was a very bland, mediocre drink, and the waitress forgot to bring out the extra horseradish. I hope this doesn't sound too picky, but she had promised it to me.)

Then, the rest of the wait started. Since we had paid $7.00 for EACH of our bowls of lobster bisque, we expected a high-quality, homemade dish to be courteously delivered to our table. However, we received nothing. We waited 15, then 30, then 45 minutes for our bowls of soup. Finally, I paid a visit to the front desk, where the hostess said that she would get our soup for us. It took her all of about 30 seconds to go into the kitchen and get the two bowls of soup, which HAD BEEN SITTING THERE WAITING FOR US FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR!!!! They were cold, with a thick film of congealed goo over the top. I remarked about this quickly to the hostess before she went back to her front desk duties.

As we ate, we actually had a brief sighting of our "waitress" as she flew through the area. "I'm sorry" she huffed, as she blew past. (At least I think that's what she said.) She never stopped, nor really bothered to ask how our food was...that she never bothered to bring us in the first place.

As I said, the lobster bisque was cold and covered by a thick film. Even if it had been fresh, it tasted like something that was dumped out of a can and heated briefly, with a rather psychedelic ravioli chunk floated in the middle. I'd be upset if I paid more than about two dollars for this ridiculous excuse for a bowl of lobster bisque, much less $7.00. Terrible...no other way to describe it.

By now, I was quite angry, but we still had to wait for the bill. So we sat, and sat, and waited for the "waitress." That was probably a bad decision, although she did eventually show up. I had already stopped by the front desk to ask the manager to deliver the bill to our table, but the hostess told me that "your waitress WAS the manager!" Oh, good Lord, heaven help us!
When our "Manager/Waitress" came by to deliver the bill, I told her how dissatisfied I was with the service. She replied not by apologizing, or by offering an explanation, but by rudely snatching (forcefully) the bill from my hand and saying "then I've got this," and trotting off from the table. As in "you’ve been a bad customer, just go away."

I have NEVER had such a bad experience as I had at the Limestone Grill in Fayetteville. PLEASE, do not go to this restaurant. You will only have a bad, over-priced meal, accompanied by world-class bad service. I WILL NEVER AGAIN GO NEAR THIS PLACE, NOR ADVISE ANYONE I CARE ABOUT TO PATRONIZE IT EITHER. THIS IS A HORRIBLE RESTAURANT WITH HORRIBLE SERVICE.

3  Thank Larry W
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We met for business dinner on Thursday evening , the atmosphere, service & attention was great, however, the food was inedible. Steak dry & chewy, shrimp Scampi
nondiscript, disappointing meal.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Arriving for dinner on a weeknight, the first thing we noticed were the white heads of the patrons. This is a quiet restaurant with high quality service. I think for those reasons the well-heeled, older crowd enjoys eating at the Limestone Grille. Not that these are strikes against it, just an observation. The food was impeccably prepared and well presented on the plates. If you have a good coupon and are looking for an alternative to fast-paced dining, I recommend this restaurant to you. It's not quite upscale enough for an anniversary dinner or the like, but that may just depend on your preference; you may want to pop in ahead of time and size up the place yourself.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We've been here twice and are just not impressed. This is a small town and we just want want simple, but good food. The menu is just weird, that's the only way to describe it, and the food is just okay - nothing great. The hostess station is also in a strange place. We will not be back.