“Perfect for solo travelers...would be crowded for a family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
JOHNBTV
“Perfect for solo travelers...would be crowded for a family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

For the most part, a great place to stay for what I needed. Personal event was about a 20-minute drive from the hotel. Nearby (walking distance) food and groceries availability.

Problems did not become apparent until checkout time. Backing up just a little bit, when I stopped at the front desk the night before checkout to pick up my safe deposit box valuables, I inquired about checkout time (planning 4:00 AM) and if somebody would be at the front desk. I was assured that somebody would indeed be there. (My personal preference is to check out IN PERSON.)

However, at just prior to 4:00 AM, after having moved my luggage to the lobby, I discovered a vacant front desk. So, I went through the hotel to the rear parking area to get my car. I drove to the front of the hotel and, lo and behold, the front doors opened by electronic sensor! (There IS an electronic key system there, presumably for the late hours, but the door was unlocked!)

That was a real concern, as the hotel takes great pains to notify its guests that there had been a recent increase in vehicular vandalism in the local area. It did not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing there was NO ONE at the front desk AND the front door was UNLOCKED!

Nevertheless, a good place to stay and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JOHNBTV
HotelGM76, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I apologize that the overnight staff was not present when you needed them. Certainly there are times when it may be necessary to leave the desk, thus the electronic key system for the front door. I have shared you comments to help ensure that the lock feature is used on a consistent basis for the safety of both the staff and the guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Exceptional staff--went out of their way to make us happy. Comfortable, clean room. Quiet--no next door noise. Good location for our needs. Great hot & cold buffet breakfast--no need to waste time or money going elsewhere. Nice indoor pool with warm water temperature. Our family enjoyed the 9 day stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank dkbfamily
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. The addition of the make your own waffle station has been a big hit and a great addition to the hot and cold breakfast selection. I appreciate that nine days is a long time to stay in a hotel and I am glad that we were able to ensure that your stay was excellent.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

Great place to stay: along the 10 days of my stay, I have found nothing to complain! Very clean, nice breakfast, corteous and helpful staff. A+++!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Sudastelaro
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I have shared your comments with the staff.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family and I Just spent a great weekend at the Hampton Inn at exit 63. The staff was so nice and accommodating and let us check in early even though check in time is not until 3:00 pm. The room was clean and spacious and the breakfast was just terrific; they even have a waffle station to make your own waffles which was a lot of fun! The kids loved the indoor pool and outdoor patio. This is a great value and we will stay with them again the next time we visit Long Island ”.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank goldkeyny
HotelGM76, Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for your review. The waffle station has been a big hit, and a great value for traveling families
Ramsey NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here to go to a funeral.Our car was broken into as well as another guest’s.The drivers window was smashed.There was nothing in the car to steal.The hotel’s attitude was you “park at your own risk”.Well how else are you going to get to the hotel .It’s on a major highway.One would think that there would be some type of security.We were told by the police that cars in the hotel parking lot were vandalized before.Not much comfort when my window was smashed and you have a long return ride

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank bartab59
againontheroadagain, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. It is so unfortunate that this type of activity is happening all over Long Island, especially all of the hotels and retail outlets where guests are out of their vehicles for a prolonged period of time.

We have been in contact with the local police department and their suggestions for anyone are to remove all valuables from plain site, especially GPS units. In addition, the police suggest that you also remove any evidence that a car may contain a GPS unit, including holders, cords, and suction cup marks on the dashboard or windshield.

We have also been in contact with the other area hotels, which unfortunately also have experienced this type of activity and are all adding a note about this to the key packaging guests receive at check in.

We take this very seriously and have asked the local police department to increase the patrol units in our area.
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed here for a family function and it served its purpose. Room was spacious, however shower did not work in am. Staff was apologetic and comped the movie we watched. Wallpaper was peeling in several spaces in room. Room was quiet which is always good, and the breakfast was an unexpected plus. Nothing fancy but totally satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank linkakk
HotelGM76, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We did experience a mechanical problem with the pressure booster pump. The pump has been replaced and we have been experiencing proper water pressure. In addition we have visited every room and addressed all maintenance issues.
hockytwn02
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was out here on business and was looking for a place to stay when an employee at Applebee’s recommended this place. I called up and they had a few vacancies left. The only rooms available were in the smoking section. As a non smoker I was not fond of this at all, but really wanted to go swimming in the pool with my son as he had joined me for the trip. There is another hotel right behind them that also had great rates and it totally non smoking, but no pool. Once I checked in and the asked the front desk a few questions that they were more than willing to answer (Christina was great) I went to my room where I was very pleased to see the simple things at a hotel were in line. They even gave me extra coffee as I’m a big coffee drinker. The breakfast was pretty good and even had a big selection of hot and cold foods to include a big selection of yogurt. The Wi-Fi was great and close to some stores and few restaurants. I loved this place and will stay again. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank hockytwn02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!