“Park at your own risk”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Ramsey NJ
“Park at your own risk”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here to go to a funeral.Our car was broken into as well as another guest’s.The drivers window was smashed.There was nothing in the car to steal.The hotel’s attitude was you “park at your own risk”.Well how else are you going to get to the hotel .It’s on a major highway.One would think that there would be some type of security.We were told by the police that cars in the hotel parking lot were vandalized before.Not much comfort when my window was smashed and you have a long return ride

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank bartab59
againontheroadagain, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. It is so unfortunate that this type of activity is happening all over Long Island, especially all of the hotels and retail outlets where guests are out of their vehicles for a prolonged period of time.

We have been in contact with the local police department and their suggestions for anyone are to remove all valuables from plain site, especially GPS units. In addition, the police suggest that you also remove any evidence that a car may contain a GPS unit, including holders, cords, and suction cup marks on the dashboard or windshield.

We have also been in contact with the other area hotels, which unfortunately also have experienced this type of activity and are all adding a note about this to the key packaging guests receive at check in.

We take this very seriously and have asked the local police department to increase the patrol units in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
CT
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed here for a family function and it served its purpose. Room was spacious, however shower did not work in am. Staff was apologetic and comped the movie we watched. Wallpaper was peeling in several spaces in room. Room was quiet which is always good, and the breakfast was an unexpected plus. Nothing fancy but totally satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank linkakk
HotelGM76, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We did experience a mechanical problem with the pressure booster pump. The pump has been replaced and we have been experiencing proper water pressure. In addition we have visited every room and addressed all maintenance issues.
hockytwn02
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was out here on business and was looking for a place to stay when an employee at Applebee’s recommended this place. I called up and they had a few vacancies left. The only rooms available were in the smoking section. As a non smoker I was not fond of this at all, but really wanted to go swimming in the pool with my son as he had joined me for the trip. There is another hotel right behind them that also had great rates and it totally non smoking, but no pool. Once I checked in and the asked the front desk a few questions that they were more than willing to answer (Christina was great) I went to my room where I was very pleased to see the simple things at a hotel were in line. They even gave me extra coffee as I’m a big coffee drinker. The breakfast was pretty good and even had a big selection of hot and cold foods to include a big selection of yogurt. The Wi-Fi was great and close to some stores and few restaurants. I loved this place and will stay again. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank hockytwn02
chicago, il
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We thought this little hotel was just fine for it's purpose. We just needed a place to stay for a few days. The included breakfast was great, the room was fine, and the service was fine because we didn't really need any other than check in. It wasn't that far from the airport on Long Island (can't recall the exact time but maybe around 30-40 minutes of a drive). It was nice that they left the snack area open all day in case you wanted a little pick me up of coffee, fruit, etc.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hailes
Jersey
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice already this month and it's been great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I hadn't had a chance to go to the pool either time, even though I was prepared for it, but when I walked by it looked very well taken care of. I will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Br1ghteys
wisconsin
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Very clean and organized hotel, the staff was extremely caring to my wife and I during our stay, and gave us suggestions on places to go in the area. The room was well cleaned and the beds were comfortable, it even had that new room smell. the pool was a very relaxing retreat for us and it was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

• Liked — the overall value and the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank fluffybunny32
New York
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Stayed the Memorial Day weekend with spouse and 5 year old. Large clean rooms...well lit corridors... breakfast room is spacious and clean and always has helpful staff. Breakfast was nothing fancy but the usuals you would expect in a continental breakfast. All food was quite fresh. The pool is great though the gym could do with some upgrading.

Hotel is superbly located for vacationers who want to hit both North and South Fork as well as Fire Island.

Cannot see why it would not be right for a business traveller. Near a supermarket and off I 495 (no noise however)...the room microwave and fridge (finally a hotel fridge with a freezer) lets you order frozen dinners..in case you are too lazy to go to a restaurant or order pizza.

Not fancy but solid - if you have kids and you want to hit the Hamptons/North Fork...this is a superior alternative to b&bs.

R - Manhattan

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rp_travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!