“Fabulous stay!”

Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Reviewed April 19, 2013

From arriving to departure, our seven nights stay was quiet beyond belief! Never had a problem with parking, staff, breakfast or the location. Quite convenient! Desk staff helped reserve airline boarding passes 24 hours in advance...so very very helpful! Stores in the area kept us busy shopping while not seeing stuffy relatives. Wish we could have used the pool, but someone (not me) forgot to bring their swimming gear! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the LI Expressway were quiet. Upper floors may be quieter but the elevator may be s...
1  Thank Charlie H
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the next time you visit Long Island you choose to stay with us. If there is anything else we can do for you please feel free to contact us here at the Front Desk and we will be more the happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff who answered all of our questions about attractions in the area and directions to the attractions. The suite was spacious and quiet. The duvet is cleaned before each guests arrives. The hot breakfast was very good with a variety of different items. The location of the hotel was ideal since we wanted to see all the small towns and attractions in Long Island.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am always happy to hear a guest tell us that they enjoyed their stay because we take great pride in giving our guest a clean room with great customer service.

We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was staying in the Hampton Inn Brookhaven attending a baseball tournament with my 10 yr old son. The hotel quests (drunken parents) were loud and noisy well past 1AM hanging out in the halls. I complained to the front desk and nothing was done until 1 hr after my omplaint. I should not have to omplain as a good hotel staff member should partol the halls and keep noise to a minimum. I am done with Hampton inn forever!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that noise from neighboring guests was an issue during your time with us and we apologize for this disruption. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Craig Goldman

Reviewed April 15, 2013

There aren't many hotels in the Hamptons, and they're all very expensive. Until recently, the Hampton Inn Brookhaven was the furthest east of any chain hotel (there are now a couple of hotels in Riverhead). Hampton Inns are an interesting lot because no matter where you are, they're almost all alike; if you don't look out the window, you could be anywhere. This is mostly a good thing, though, because you know what to expect. Hampton Inn Brookhaven doesn't disappoint. Everybody there is friendly, and there is usually a wedding group or little league baseball team filling most of the hotel. There's a pretty decent indoor pool and a small gym. Rooms have nice TVs, refrigerators, microwaves and free wifi. And there is a free breakfast every morning (it's not all junky muffins and powdered eggs; there are good cereals, oatmeals, yogurts and fruit if you're picky). But the main attraction is the central location of the hotel. It's right off exit 63 of the Long Island Expressway. Get back on the highway and drive east to the end and, 15 minutes later, you're at the Tanger factory outlet, the Splish Splash water park, and other nearby shopping centers and restaurants. Keep going past Riverhead and you'll be on the North Shore. You'll see all of the Long Island vineyards and eventually wind up in Greenport, a very pretty fishing village with a ton of cute shops and restaurants. Closer to home, by exit 64, is a beautiful Target. Or head east all the way on the William Floyd Parkway at exit 68 and you'll arrive at Smith Point beach on Fire Island (open to the public with paid parking). Finally, if you take the LIE to exit 70, you can drive across the island to the Sunrise Highway and take it one exit to Westhampton Beach and the rest of the South Shore. I highly recommend Westhampton Beach; I grew up there. Hampton Inn is the perfect choice for a Long Island adventure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Edac2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad that we met your expectations during your stays we take great pride in providing clean rooms with great guest service. You also enjoyed some of the great amenities of the hotel. We are convenient to the LIE and close to shopping amusement parks and wineries.

We hope to see you the next time you are in our area.

The team at the Hampton inn Brookhaven

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked a two night stay. Room was the normal Hampton style, except it had a very strange odor. When I returned to the room after taking care of my personal mission, I inquired at the front desk as to the cause of the foul odor. Cleaning fluid, I was told, and was then given another room. The second room did not have the odor, but did not have a king bed as they had run out of them, so two queens were what we received. Bathroom is usually where the most wear and tear happen, and this bathroom in comparison to most of the other Hamptons, will soon need a makeover. The fitness room was very warm, so I did not use it, and the hallway on our floor was too warm. To their credit, the employees at this facility are very good and really friendly. The breakfast was the usual serving, but as with most hotels, they only have one toaster, and it is very slow, and backs up the line of guests. The beds are very good, and the mini fridge is always a nice thing to have available. I am a Hampton Inn traveler and will remain so, because I know that for the most part they are above average.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor(top), and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our family of hotels and for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet our guests expectations. We are glad to have met your needs during your visit and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the warm Hamptonality and quality amenities you have come to expect from us.

The team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this property in March 2013 while on business for the US Government. I found the rooms quiet enough, the bed was comfortable (I had a king) and there was both an easychair to relax in and watch TV, and a small desk to do a little work at night. The breaksfast was fair, but adequate. For the Government traveller, this is a good place, plus, if you are here for more than a day, the rooms have both a microwave and refrigerator, and a grocery store is within a couple of blocks away.

this location also has both an indoor pool and fitness center, but I did not use either one during my stay, but I would have if I was staying for more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: I always ask for the room the furtherest away from the elevators and vending/ice machines, and as hi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Tony A,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities that we have to offer. We take great pride in giving our guest a clean room with great service.

We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Thanks the Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Reviewed April 8, 2013

How about Edna! Edna prepares the breakfast for the Hampton Inn on Long Island. Besides having a great stay at the Inn; it is a pleasure to have someone like Edna who gets out a full continental breakfast for all the guests. We often forget about the people behind the scenes that make our stay a more pleasant one. A great place to stay. A great price. And a great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron C

Ron C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Edna is a "Diamond in the Ruff”. She is reliable, dedicated loyal associate who only cares about what’s best for our guests. She makes the breakfast area a home away from home.

Hope to see you again soon.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
4 mi away
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
5 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!