“NICE PLACE ..CLEAN AND GOOD LOCATION”

Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed here several times and have not been disappointed yet. The staff is friendly and helpful..rooms are clean as well.
My family stays in Hampton Inn all over the USA and, except for Brookhaven , LI, we have never had a bad experience!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Iris731,

Thank you for great review of our hotel. I am fortunate to have a great staff who’s goal is to make each guest have an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for a few days for business and had a very good stay. The check in was very quick. The lobby is pretty nice and the free continental breakfast is ok. The breakfast includes the normal bagels, toast, wafflemaker, fruit, cereal, and juices. They also had sausage and different types of egg dishes. Not bad for complimentary. The room was very clean and the TV was a 32" LG flat screen. I had two queen beds, plenty of pillows, and a desk. The bathroom was spacious and clean. There was not very much noticeable noise from the room, and I slept pretty well there. I checked out the pool one day and swam for a while. The indoor pool is pretty large and very warm. It makes up for not having a jacuzzi. There is not a hotel restaurant, but there are a Chili's, Applebee's, various fast food, and takeout places within a very short distance. I had a pretty good stay here and would recommend them pretty highly if you're looking for another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

ChristopherHarding,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We take great pride in giving our guests quick and efficient service as well as clean rooms with great amenities. Our pool is always getting great as it is large and has a glass atrium roof. We are surrounded by many good restaurants for our guest to choose.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We travel a lot with our 6 year old grand-daughter, and she's all about the hotel pool! We stayed here for 2 nights and had a great time at the pool. There was no whirlpool or sauna, but the pool itself was large and very very warm, and the high glass ceiling really added to the ambiance. The property is in a sheltered area from road traffic, yet is convenient to shopping and restaurants. The only drawback was we had hoped their shuttle would take us to either of the Fire Island National Park ferry terminals, but that wasn't the case - they go to the airport only.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

LiftLady,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool and your stay at the hotel. Our complimentary shuttle is used for the airport or train station 8am-10pm daily. I am sorry we couldn’t accommodate you during your trip.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This wasn't my first choice of hotels because of the location, however it turned out to be a great location. (Location is in relation to the event I had to be at) The room was EXTREMELY clean and the bed oh so COMFY!!! We stayed for 2 nights and didn't realize that there was a free breakfast until the 2nd morning. If you're health conscious then you may want to skip the breakfast....it had your basics...bagels, english muffins, waffles, cereal, fruit (undesirable looking), bad coffee, sticky oatmeal, yogurt and some fake eggs. Besides the breakfast, everything was great!!! I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a4nell

a4nell,

Thank for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven. I am always glad to hear that a guest received great service and a clean room as we take great pride in providing these services. I appreciate the feedback on the breakfast and will look at ways to enhance the buffet.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our family was very impressed by this hotel during our recent two night stay.

The staff really went out of their way to make our stay nice. Several times during our stay the staff went out of their way to get us something faster (e.g., my hot water) or brought us a couple glasses of milk from the back when we asked to buy some; breakfast staff got us some of the chocolate bread we asked for that they didn't had out. Also because of booking problem we were kicked out of our suite but the staff comped a standard room for us. In addition when it was crazy hot out the other day, they had someone giving out ice cream in the foyer!

Really nice amenities everywhere: women's room next to pool has shower in it and sanitary napkins and tampons; fitness room has towels, water fountain, scale, huge bathroom with shower, sanitary napkins and tampons; standard rooms had microwaves, refrigerators, iron, coffeemaker.

The free breakfast is decent. There were a lot of different choices, the staff monitors the food on the warmers carefully and they offered fresh fruit and milk both days.

The only small downside was a couple of us were annoyed by the light switches in the bathroom which were a little hard to turn off and on. Also during my shower the lights went off because this is on a timer and it does not sense you if you're in the shower. Fortunately I was not alone in the room at the time.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

busy_b_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven. We are glad to hear you had a great stay as we take pride in providing great guest service and a clean hotel. Every Friday in the summer we give out complimentary ice cream bars at check-in. This is a new program and glad to hear you enjoyed it. After reviewing the light sensors in the bathroom we found out that the only last for 15 minutes. We are currently looking at ways to extend the time.

We look forward to seeing you in the future when you are on Long Island.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I stayed at the Hampton Inn at Brookhaven and didn't have a great experience however the Inn's manager Craig Goldman listened to my concerns and personally made sure ,my last two stays were flawless, which they were. I would like to thank Craig and his staff for a couple of great stays. I travel to Long Island about twice a month on business and I would highly recommend to anyone who travels to the area to make the Hampton Inn at Brookhave their primary choice for hotels.

Room Tip: I suggest the king rooms and king suites
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Kevin B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven. We are glad that we were able to solve your issues that occurred during one of your stays. I am glad to hear that you have had good experiences and have become a loyal customer to our hotel.

We looking forward to seeing you the next time you come to Long Island

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel focuses on simplicity and functionality on a convenient fare. It does not have its own restaurant, but there are several at walking distance. Also, you have refrigerator and microwaves in your room in case you want to take away food. There is a breakfast room, but here I must say that maybe the hotel could do some more efforts in the offer of food. Rooms are clean and big enough. A movement sensor regulates some of the lights and some may find it fancy, but I am not among those. The light of the bathroom may go off when you’re still in the shower (lean out and wave a towel if you suddenly plunge into darkness…), and persist for a long after you’re gone to sleep. Also, did not find a way to leave some batteries in charge long enough (unless you keep moving in the room…). However, these are details for the picky, which is not my case. The staffs at the reception are always kind, relaxed and available. My stay at this hotel was pleasant, easy, smooth and without problems.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

GG-FreeRadical,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay while visiting Long Island. I have looked into the light sensor in the bathrooms and came to find out that are on a fifteen minute timer. I am currently looking at ways to increase the timer on the sensors. Thank you for your feedback.

Hope to see you the next time you are on Long Island

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmingville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
4 mi away
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
5 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!