“Wont Ever Go Back”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Wont Ever Go Back”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The worst customer service I have ever encountered. The owner was just sitting on the couch with his stomach hanging out and asking the frost desk girl questions while I was checking in, making it even more difficult for her (she didn't know what she was doing to begin with) and he was only making it worse. The only good thing about this place was that they had comfortable beds and fluffy towels. Won’t be returning; will definitely pay the money to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: nothing good about this place
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rach b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Filthy dirty, old, dated, gross...that says it all
We checked in at 6pm..checked out at
11 pm same night. Couldn't stand it
The dirt was so thick you could see it
Lightbulbs missing
No TV remote
Inoperable smoke detector
I don't think the windows were ever washed

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank 8652Lisa

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel was a whole lot of fun to stay at. I worked in the area for nearly a month, so we found this hidden hotel. The Travelodge in Farmington has a really cool layout where you actually feel like you are in an apartment, sans the full kitchen. I stayed in building 4 which had an amazing view from the patio that attached to our room. Terry, the GM, made our stay as comfortable as possible, and even though the room was not perfect, it's going to be. The room had a ton of channels, a new bed, pretty much new everything. I really enjoyed my stay here. Plus the power withstood the uptake in winds from Hurricane Sandy. One of the best parts of the hotel was Scarlet's Lodge attached to the hotel. Lori, the new owner is so sweet and she has great specials. I played music there while I stayed there and we met many friends that we keep in contact with today. Overall, I would totally stay at this hotel and recommend it to the budget minded traveler looking for a homey place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in building 4, it has the best view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fairport, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I wanted to stop and say that we have been visiting this hotel since it reopened under new managment and couldnt be happier. The staff is very helpful, rooms are clean and have been redone. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stop and relax and just get away for a little while.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Upstate NY
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've stayed here when it was the EconoLodge and it was shabby at that time - many of the rooms have been painted - beds are supercomfortable with great pillows. Towels need some help- staff does change them daily along with shampoo and lotion - bed was also made. Major complaint was the shower/hot water - there was very little - it was luke warm esp. is others had been using it. I really enjoy a hot shower after a day of sports. Management is trying hard, friendly people who checked us in - My room did not have a safe nor microwave but did have a refrigerator (which I love!) the view is great as are the TV channels and wifi. I was in building 5 - outer buildings are not open now but it may be sketchy - it used to be when it was the EconoLodge!
I would probably stay again if my friends were here - but not sure at this point - I would need assurances of hot water! the heat on the other hand was great!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor - less noise and better view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua

Been to Finger Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Finger Lakes Hotel

Property: Finger Lakes Hotel
Address: 6108 Loomis Rd, Farmington, NY 14425-9529 (Formerly Travelodge Farmington)
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Farmington
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Hotel Class:2 star — Finger Lakes Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Finger Lakes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Farmington