“Good diner food”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Farmington
Buffalo, New York
“Good diner food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We love their breakfasts. Dinner is good too. Typical diner food. Friendly staff. Food is always out quickly. Good place for a quick, casual meal.

• Visited April 2013

Rochester, New York
“Real Shame... Food used to be good!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant to years and years. It used to be really good, with home made food staff that was pleasant. However, things have changed. Most of the food seems to be of the frozen variety and pretty bad. Even the fish on Friday nights, one of our favorite times to eat here, has changed. The quality is not there. You do get huge portions, so if you're looking for fast service and a pile of food, this might be the place. However, if you want something well made and tasty... forget it.

The staff is always rushing you and many servers are downright rude. There are some that I refuse to have serve me. Serve is an interesting word, because they really do call the shots on how things will be done.

Park Place is always crowded because it is the only game in town and because it has a great location. Farmington really needs more restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best breakfast around”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

No better place to get breakfast, good service, good food, large portions. You really can't beat it! Right off of the thruway and close to all of the hotels and the race track!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank dog l
Rochester, New York
“Found a great place for lunch !!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

While traveling through the Farmington area, my wife and I decided to stop for lunch. We passed a couple of places, but they had only a few cars in their parking lot. Being noonish, I find that the more cars, the better the restaurant! There were many cars in the lot, so we stopped. We were greeted by a friendly host and he pointed out a nice booth for us to take.
We were immediately greeted by a waitress ... with a smile and a pleasant welcome greeting.
Atypical diner type place, they had breakfast, lunch and dinner items available as well a quite a few great sounding specials.
We were served our coffee's and then given an appropriate amount of time to choose our menu items. My wife had a really good turkey wray, and it had slices of turkey in it, (not the old deli type), and was served with a choice of potatoes. I had the hot roast beef sandwich which had a delicious sauce on it, and a hardy helping of tasty french fries. The waitress stopped by a few time to check on us and offered to top off the coffee.
The total check was $22. Very reasonable prices for really good food and service!!!!
I know a lot of people go to a diner and expect the prices to be $2.99, but ... you get what you pay for, and Park Place is above the norm!
What a nice place to go! We will definitely stop by again whenever in the area!

• Visited February 2013
Upstate NY
“better than average diner food and choices”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

On Friday nights it IS busy but we always get served quickly - food is good tho at times the waitress does not pay attention to details like salad dressing on the side! I would not recommend the steaks but the meatloaf is tasty - my friends like the fish - Mac and cheese with bacon is great but not conducive to diets! good comfort food. Deserts are also high calorie - coffee is good. We eat here a lot partially for price, convenient location.
I did eat here one time on a Sunday - they close at 2 and only serve breakfast - I was NOT impressed with the omelet - but I admit I am picky regarding omelets!

• Visited November 2012