“Fun day at the Races.”

friendship
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun day at the Races.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was visiting my family in Canandaqua,we decided to go to the horse races.For a good time for all,I spent very little money I had a delicious roasted pork sandwiche at a very reasonable price.Some of the family went to the casino that is connected to the track.We all had a great day.I will go again.

Visited July 2013
Steve M, Manager at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi -

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're happy to hear that you were able to enjoy many aspects of our facility.

Watch for our expansion opening later this year that will increase the size of our gaming floor and provide for additional food and beverage amenities.

New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Okay for quick visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are traveling in the Rochester area and decided to check out the casino today. We signed up for the player's club and got $10 in free play plus another $10 for a heat wave promotion they were doing so that was nice.

The casino only has slots and video poker. No table games (live or electronic) so that was disappointing. I was hoping they'd have blackjack. On the plus side, the video poker is full pay 9/6 JOB.

Dining is VERY limited. Basically nothing but junk food - hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. There is a buffet but we weren't interested in spending that much and my wife is allergic to seafood and Friday is fish fry day. We left after less than an hour because we had lost enough and wanted to get dinner.

The best feature by far is the fact that the place is totally smoke-free. I wish every casino would be like that.

Overall, it's not a bad place to play. The full pay VP is nice. I'm not much of a slots fan. It would be nice if they'd add some electronic tables but I don't know if those are legal in NY.

Visited July 2013
Steve M, Manager at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello -

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at Finger Lakes. We're glad that you enjoyed our smoke free environment and were able to take part in a couple free play promotions while you visited. It's always fun having a little extra to play with.

Regarding our dining options, you'll be pleased to hear that as part of our expansion opening in the fall that there will be a new restaurant which will bridge the gap between the buffet and the quick serve grille you alluded to. In addition, a new feature bar will be added that will also have a menu of food available. Both should round out our offerings quite nicely.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to add electronic table games in this region of New York State, but glad you found some of our other games fun.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Ithaca, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun day at the horse races!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great way to spend the day! Always have fun! Food is fair, a little pricey, but what you would expect at a racetrack. Always have a good view of the track. We don't care for the gaming there, but we are used to Las Vegas.

1 Thank Sherry5582
Steve M, Manager at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi -

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience.

Glad you enjoyed a great day at the races. We hope that you can come back later this fall once our expansion is complete to try the gaming side of the facility again. We think you'll be impressed with the upgrades!.

New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Finger lake Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband loves to gamble, so for him it was good, small but good, there was not horse racing on the day we were there, this is what he likes

Hello -

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience. Hopefully we will see you another time when there is live racing. And, don't forget that we have a new expansion opening later this year that will increase our size and food and beverage amenities.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THIEVES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been going to FL since it opened in 04. They have gotten more money from me than I've gotten from them. All the games that I enjoy playing are no longer there, everyone expects a tip, and the only time the waitresses continue to serve you is if you tip them well or if they notice that you're winning. Even when I go to the cashiers cage, they have a glass jar there for you to put money in it wyl they are already getting paid to just payout my winnings smh. Then they ask me was I playing with my players extra card, does it matter? They love whenever we lose because that's more money for them.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank buitiful
Steve M, Manager at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello - We're sorry that you have not found your recent experiences satisfactory. We can assure you we don't take any joy in people losing or having a poor run of luck. Ultimately, we want everyone to have fun regardless of the outcome as this is an entertainment destination.

Our associates do not expect tips and you should not feel pressured or obligated to do so. Just as with any service industry, if you are pleased with the service provided to you, feel free to show your appreciation in the form of a tip. B ut by no means should you feel as though you have to.

Regarding the questions regarding our players card. Our associates are trained to ask that of players under certain circumstances in order to promote becoming a member and using the card as way to earn rewards, etc.