“A nice get away”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A nice get away”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It has been years since I have been here but I certainly plan on going again. And it's not just because I won money! At this time of year you have to go for one of two reasons- to eat that their buffet (one of the best ones I have seen in awhile and a great value) or to play the basic games (when I think of a casino I think of the card tables which this location cannot have). During the true season you can enjoy the horse races.
The location was nice and clean and boy did I love the buffet! I don't play too many games but if I weren't with other people I could have stayed all night as the games were nice to me. I started with the complimentary $10 bonus that I received free for becoming a member of the club. I was able to buy drinks for the night for everyone with me off the winnings without ever having to chip in (except for the buffet- which was well worth it!)
Not what I would consider a true casino but they provided me with a nice evening out. Thanks!

Visited March 2013
Steve M, Manager at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Sounds like you had a great time and we're glad to have had a chance to welcome you back after several years!

The buffet is a highlight of a visit here for many. We're not authorized to have cards or table games at this point, but we aim to provide a great experience for our guests, whether it be through dining, racing, entertainment or the slots!

Hope to see you again soon.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“ok”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I use to spend a lot of money here, but cut back on gambling. I won around $600 and$7k here back in 06 within 3 days, and then probably gave back most of it. Thus, i stopped going. My fiance and I like going to casinos once a month to gamble, and last 3 times we've been here we left up $10-$100 each. Also, we played going up and down over an hour each time, so with the payout complaints, I feel if you move around more you have a better chance making money (read up on how slots are run, it's interesting). They do turn over games a lot. There use to be a fun $.25 max bet $1.25 quick hit progressive you could play in the lower half, and it's gone (looked through whole casino for it).
Crowd: there are a lot of dirty people there, and I've read most chairs in casinos are disease infested, so anywheres you go, sit at your own risk.
Buffet is hit or miss. Went in late december for the $8.99 special, and it was busy, kept up well, and had a great selection. So good we wanted to go again! But, when we went on a Friday in January, when we heard it was around $45 for 2 people (with players club) our jaws dropped, and we both yelled out the price in amazement (when i was younger it never cost more than $30 for 2 people, and it isn't any better than 4 years ago.). We stayed, for last time it was so good for $8.99, and thought it'd be the same. Huge dissapointment, less people, good items were out, other items were gross and old, and not a big selection. Therefore, my fiance and I decided to never venture again on a weekend dinner, and to only hit the buffet for lunch or specials. May try brunch Sunday, it use to be good,and worth a shot (have a $5 coupon, and with players club discount it'd be a nice deal even if the service and quality is as bad as last time). Once again, due to people who go there, people will be kinda gross and some people don't understand the concept of waiting your turn/line, and will run into you to get food. Thus, if that will ruin your meal don't go.

Visited March 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

We're sorry that you were not as pleased with the buffet your second time around. The $8.99 special was only on certain nights in the winter, but regular price for dinner is only $17.99 with your Player Extras Card ($19.99 without).

Regardless of the price, you should never see a vast difference in the service and cleanliness levels. If you are ever not satisfied with your dining experience, I would encourage you to ask for the Buffet Manager to discuss so that they can address your concerns in a timely manner.

Thank you.
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Racing and gaming fun !!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A nice clean racino with friendly staff and many offerings for gaming and racing fun. A nice buffet in the casino area, a delicious sandwich and burger area, a nice bar with reasonable prices. They are expanding the place, but they are not interfering with the customers entertainment.

Visited February 2013
Pittsford, New York
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“fun place”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

lots of machines, many are aging, but a lot of new ones too. the bar is decent, with simulcast and tv, and there are a couple smoking area and outside deck in the rear. the buffet is not my cup of tea, but ok i guess.

Visited December 2012
Syracuse, NY
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“A Fun 1/2 Day”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We're always looking for one day trips close to the hub of New York. This was easy to find, though it didn't seem like it would be--short directions! Two short turns off the thruway. It's small, but you feel welcome right away. If you're new, you get to gamble with $10 of their money and we won enough to pay for lunch. We prefer the penny machines, but win when we bet .50-1.00 each bet. The woman we called for how to work the slot machines was very helpful, friendly and patient with us. Her advice was solid and you could tell she enjoys working there. Everyone else was also quite nice! Welcomes on arrival/departure and everywhere else we went. I believe they do have horse racing in summer. No hotel, but there are a few close by. Clean bathrooms, a few snack shops you can get coffee, donuts, sandwiches and a great Vineyard Restaurant! Weds. in January, for seniors, the buffet price was $8.99: well worth it. A varied assortment of salads, pastas, Asian, Italian, American, seafoods, deserts: too many to mention. One of the best! Nice atmosphere, great service, no rushing. Just a perfect dining experience, so that you'll want to return again and again. The regular price is a little steep, but with a discount, we'll be back again. A great idea for senior, one day bus trips.

Visited January 2013