“Cream of the CS Crop”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Cream of the CS Crop”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This truly is the show pony of Comfort Suites. Sometimes, I stay in a Choice brand and check the sheets and under the bed immediately. Not here. Place is spotless. Location is also convenient to Rochester, yet set in wine country if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city.

Front desk staff was warm and welcoming as well. I now have a go to in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMtweety, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!! I will be sharing your kind words with the entire staff!! It's very encouraging, please come visit us again soon. We'll have the cookies ready!! Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were visiting from North Carolina. We decided on a two bedroom suite. This one was fantastic. It was huge with large rooms and big TV's in each room. I don't believe I've ever had a suite that large. The rooms were so clean and the beds luxurious. We felt like king's and queens. I'm just sorry we couldn't stay longer. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If you are planning an overnight trip to the Finger Lakes Race Track and Casino, this hotel is just...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon! I have to agree the 2 room suites are my favorite! It's the two TV's, no arguing over what we're watching. I am just thrilled you all had a good time. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. Your opinion is very important us!! We'll see you next year!!
Take Care, Kim
West Hurley, NY
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have picked Choice Hotels as our primary Place to stay when traveling. The Farmington Comfort Inn & Suite is undoubtedly the Cadillac of the 15 or so that we have stayed at. The room was the largest of any, It was clean and well laid out and appointed. Our room was quiet affording a restful night sleep. We found the staff to be friendly and polite. The price reasonable, especially with the Buffet Breakfast thrown in.

The one area that we felt needs to be looked at is the layout of the Breakfast Room. The food was great. I did miss the bacon.

It was busy when we arrived, making traffic flow cumbersome. patrons had to maneuver around each other as they made their selection. A slightly wider perimeter path might help.

Highly recommend for travelers stopping in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMtweety, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We really appreciate our guests reviews so we know where the work needs to be done and we will be looking into the set up in the breakfast room. Thank you again, please come back and visit soon!!
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently stayed one night at this Comfort Inn & Suites. The check-in process was quick and easy. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was exceptionally clean. Slept great in the comfy beds. I love that they have both firm and soft pillows! My only issue was that the fridge in the room kept making an odd growling noise when it would kick on. Slept great in spite of this. The hot breakfast was your standard Comfort Inn faire, but the dining area was very clean. The staff also kept it well stocked during a busy morning. We typically try to stay in Choice Hotel properties if possible when we travel. This one rates up there with some of the best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
You made my day!! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for encouraging review!! This was starting out as one of those days where I just wasn't sure if all the effort was worth it and there you were, it is so worth the effort if we are making your stay an enjoyable one!!
We hope to see you back again soon!!!
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on our way back from a New Brunswick vacation. We travel with a small dog and the hotel was very accommodating to our needs. The price they charged for the dog was a little steep compared to other hotel/motels in the area. However, our room was SUPER CLEAN and we were placed conveniently on the first floor next to one of the hotel exit doors so we could let our dog in and out as we wished. The beds were incredibly comfortable, nice shower pressure, rooms were immaculately clean. The hotel was also VERY quiet. We heard no noise from the pool as where were on the same floor as the pool. Very modern but homey and comfortable at the same time. Free Wi-Fi worked great! The breakfast in the morning was fabulous! Eggs, awesome bacon, cereal, donuts, waffles etc. The atmosphere of the Comfort Inn was very relaxed and the staff was great! I would suggest this hotel to everyone as we had no complaints at all. It is a little expensive, however it was SUPER clean and convenient for us.

Room Tip: If traveling with a dog they will accommodate your needs. They will also not put you in a 'date...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We would love to take credit for this review, but I am afraid this is a Comfort Inn in Framingham, Mass. I believe?????
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Never stayed in the hotel and I'm glad based on my experience with making the hotel reservation there is no way I will staying here ever in the future. The management staff lacks professionalism and there are a lot of communication issues within the employees.

I made a hotel reservation and called to cancel a couple of days before and no one answered the phone. Finally spoke to a live person a few days later and was told my request to cancel will be noted and I will be getting a call back from the Manager. Well, that did not happen so I called back later and spoke to the Manager who requested documentation showing proof I called which i provided yet she refused to refund the charges on my account.

I wanted to share my experience so that customers know what to expect with this hotel. My advice will be stay at a better hotel to save yourself the headache and stay elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank towson_guy00
GMtweety, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
First I want to thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. It’s important to us whether it’s good or bad, we all learn something new. I am sorry you feel that way. When you break your situation down to the FACTS and not a he said she said competition it’s a little clearer. Fact: On 7/23/13 @1:32 p.m. you made a reservation for Saturday 8/31/13 arriving with a group for a wedding, you were staying 2 nights. The reservation was guaranteed to your credit card, which required a 24 hour cancellation notice. Fact: You called the hotel one time on 8/29/13 Fact: you do not make another call to the hotel until after the date on the reservation. I believe a responsible person would make more than one attempt to contact the hotel. (The telephone records don’t say how long you were even on the phone) Fact: 9/3/13I emailed you with what I required if you were to need a refund. Fact: On 9/25/13 you emailed me your call log sheet with one phone call on it. Short 3 calls you claimed to have made. Those are the facts. Thank you I hope one day you’ll come to visit us, we just might surprise you!!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Booked through choicehotels.com, room was clean, but air conditioner didn't work, and in room refrigerator didn't work either. Staff was not helpful on these issues. I would not recommend this hotel. Over-priced for the experience.

• Stayed August 2013
GMtweety, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for writing your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you had problems with a/c and the mini fridge. We dropped the ball on cummunications and I owe you a huge apologe. Maintenence was sent to your room, but with your "do not distrub" sign out he did not enter the room. They should have notified the desk that the repairs were not done and why. Then the ball would be in my court to decide IF we disregard the "do not distrub" sign and go into the room.
Again, I am sorry but I would not have let anyone in your room with the "DND" sigh on the door.
Once that sign is in place I truly see a sign that reads "KEEP OUT" and would not invade your privacy. If you are back in the area please stop in and give us a second chance....I promise you won't be dissappointed!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!