“Exceptional Mother's Day Brunch”

Black Forest Brew Haus
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We went to the Brew Haus for Mother's Day brunch. It was wonderful. The food was all delicious and the service very attentive. We've been doing Mother's Day brunch for several years and this was, by far, the best.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Food was ok. Service was ok. Beer was ok. Went to the bar afterwards for the dueling pianos, that was better but wouldn't go out of my way to go back

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Nothing to say ... Just don't waste your time .Atmosphere, food, drinks, staff below standard. Bar dingy, outdoor seating unpleasant and overall ambiance uninviting.

1  Thank flaxen1946
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hello everybody!!! I am from Germany (lived there 21 years) and came here for my anniversary with my husband!! The food is an embarrassment to my country, how could you consider frozen garbage to a real authentic German meal??!!! It literally made me cry!! The beer came in a super tiny glas (not even have a liter for $6) seriously one of the biggest rip off's ever!! Schande über euer Haupt, es ist nicht zu entschuldigen Leuten einen derartigen Mist zu servieren und dafür $20 zu verlangen!! Schlechter Service setzt dem ganzen noch die Krone auf!! Unfassbar!!

5  Thank PBlumlein
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Its about time we sample some of the German fare around Long Island, as I've been told there are many new "Brew & Brat" pubs popping up all over. So we started with a long standing tradition, The Black Forest, which is certainly more than a pub. This is a full service restaurant & brewery with rooms large enough to cater a small wedding, but service good enough to make you feel like you're the only one there. Their Hause Brewed Beers are excellent and enough to make you want to stop by for a beer and pretzel any day of the week.
As for the food, the menu is large and varied, so there is something to satisfy everyone, even the kids. We started with a Sampler Platter which included one of their homemade hot and steamy pretzels and cheese dip, buffalo hot, hot wings, firecracker shrimp, and potato skins. Each item had its own unique twist, and its own sauce, there was more than enough for 2 and between that and a basket of fresh bread w/ the beer, I was ready to go home. But, we wanted to sample the German Specialties, so: I had the Chicken Jagerschnitzel, covered w/ ham and melted swiss and smothered with their special mushroom sauce. Fantastic, juicy meat, delicious sauce and yummy mashed potatoes. My husband had his favorite, which never varies, Weinerschnitzel a la holstein (w/egg & anchovies), served with homemade Spatzel and Red Cabbage. He declared it to be very good, but not as good as some others we have tried. Ok, but he did eat it all!
Personally, I can't wait to get back their. The burgers that were coming out to neighboring tables looked so plump and juicy. This is someplace you can take your kids for an early dinner, or come later and enjoy the live music on the weekends. The lunch menu abounds with choices of inventive sandwiches, wraps and creative salads for the diet conscious. There is something for everyone, the staff is friendly and efficient, yet they manage to keep the prices reasonable. Go, and don't skip the pretzel!

1  Thank Debra G