“Great Beer”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went here with my family. We all ordered something different and was happy with our food. If you are in the mood for beer, pretzles, and german food go here.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was very disappointed. I remember going here some 20 or 30 years ago when they first opened. The place has a great German menus the food was good. The service was very attentive and on the ball. Back then it would have rated very high.

Only problem is it hasn't been redecorated or updated very much since. The place is run down and dirty. The staff seems complacent and settled in. Bathrooms were dirty. Floors were dirty. Paint peeling off the walls. Just generally run down.

I ordered the sauerbraten an old standard. The food was luke warm and the Spaetzle was cold when it arrived. It was tasty but disappointing. Judging from how dirty and run down the dining room was, I just had this bad feeling of what the kitchen must look like. Eating lukewarm food from a dirty kitchen usually means sick. Luckily I made it through.

Somebody is making a half hearted attempt to run this place. Too bad because it has such great potential.
Hey guys at the Black Forest clean up your act!!! Or call the guy at Bar Rescue and get help!

1  Thank MisterAnthony
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went to the "german restaurant" and the beer is good. The food not so much. Bathroom had no blower or towels to dry hands. Debris on the ground outside and inside???? Its as if managment does not care??

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's been a while since my sister, her sister in law and a friend went for lunch. Found it by accident on a trip to Pinelawn Cemetery. Food was good I had the sauerbraten; the others a variety of things. I would like to go back again soon

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I enjoyed the Brew Haus - its staff and food exceeded expectations. The weekend I was there - they had their OKTOBERFEST with a live OKTOBEFEST band on their patio outside. The group was a little on the far side of baby boomers - but they did a good job of offering up the standard OKTOBERFEST tunes for the crowd.,

They brew some of the beers themselves here and I highly recommend trying them while you are here.

Our group ate a varied selection from the menu and no complaints. The sauerbraten was as good as you could get most and better than others. Their prok shank meal is "flintstonian" and had to be wrapped up and taken home.

If you like an OKTOBERFEST atmosphere, solid service, good beer selection and a solid German menu set - then I would definitely recommend you at least try this spot.

I don't live in the area - but if I did - this spot would be in my rotation and a place I would recommend to friends who want a laid back, comfort food kind of evening!

1  Thank xenonian